Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjtt99

Making the Cut 2

I know the first Making The Cut was filmed in Vernon, I am just not sure if it's the same place again this time around.

I saw it...it was pretty good, but the Reebok/Sportchek outfitting early on was pure cheese near the beginning, however; if that's what it takes to get the show on that's what it takes. Oh, and I did notice that while a lot of the guys wore the 9K skates some wore the Vector 10 skates and I saw some other new CCM stuff as well so I guess you could choose either CCM or RBK, but only RBK was mentioned. In addition, I noticed in later scenes that while all the players had RBK helmets and CCM or RBK skates, the equipment that wasn't showing with the Jerseys on like the shoulder pads ect wasn't new in most cases (did see some new V-10 shoulder pads), but old Jofa shoulder pads ect (and yes, I know RBK owns Jofa, but these pads were quite old).

The Saturday time slot is still terrible - the second episode is today at a better time (right after Global football) so that might help with the ratings a bit.

It's filmed at the Greater Vernon Multiplex, same location as the first edition of the show.

There were no tryouts all the players selected were through invite. and its not exactly like most of these guys are just 30 year old ex. players like the show kinda likes to make them out to be. Pretty much all these guys play minor pro most ECHL or D2 Europe.

Anyone have a list of the guys still left? Bartley? I don't think he wins because he signed with UBC.

I was at hockey today and missed the episode because my brother forgot to tape it.

Definately much better talent this year, guys who played in last year's memorial cup for example.

Not sure googling will reveal the answer, the prize is different and i think they'll go some way to keep it under wraps.

I know Daniel Jacob who was cut in the first episode of that new series was also in the first edition of the show.

I know Daniel Jacob who was cut in the first episode of that new series was also in the first edition of the show.

I remember him. Wasn't he the one who quite older when he started playing?

It's filmed at the Greater Vernon Multiplex, same location as the first edition of the show.

Yes, you're right. Greater Vernon Multiplex.

Me too, i know him, he coached me at a hockey camp , when i was younger and my Mom and him went to uneversity together. they were in alot of the same classes, my mom give him english lessons in exhange for him teaching her to do a wrist shot in field hockey.

They wrote the name of my city wrong again, it's Edmundston. :P He had a good camp with the Habs but like all positions, they are stuck with too much good players trying to make the team.

I want to see it... is the first season worth buying?

yeah, i got it for xmas last year and i love it. i would definately buy a season 2 if i saw it

I got my hands on a copy of the first season.. I didn't make it past the first dvd. Sports and soap opera drama don't mix well in my opinion.