Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eman24dx

No more Inno?

Ok, I did a search and wasn't able to find out info on this so maybe you guys could help.

Yesterday I went to Cupolos which some of you may have heard of. Cupolos is a big Innovative dealer and while I was talking with the owner he told me that Innovative will not be making any more retail hockey sticks/blades. He said that there will be no shipments or anything. Inno will still making sticks for pros but he said they wanted to concentrate more on making sticks for other companies as they do. This is the first ive heard of this but it does come from a reliable source. If this is true it doesn't make sence because Inno has quickly become one of the most popular brands.

BTW- My Novius OPS broke and they we able to eaisly turn it into a tapered shaft and since I bought a $80 tapered blade they did the work for free.

They started producing their own gear during the time between production runs for other people. Not surprising that they would do that. It also explains Perani's true one blowout.

It may be true, but I doubt it because they have a few new sticks coming out this year and I don't think they'd just stop making them like that.

They started producing their own gear during the time between production runs for other people. Not surprising that they would do that. It also explains Perani's true one blowout.

I got the impression that the True One blowouts were the ones that were shorter than standard OPS because they advertised them with 3" and 12" plugs included. Just a thought.

This really sucks if its true, Innos are already hard enought to get even if they are for retail and now they only make for pros..... thats just great but this may also benefit the majority in some other way, since they want to focus on making for other companies like Bauer then I maybe able to get access to Inno through Bauer.

False alarm guys! I emailed Inno the exact first message and said my friend told me about it and asked if it is true. Here is their response:

Ethan,

That is definitely not true.  We're still very committed to the Inno brand

and have built a lot of capacity to feed the demand at pro and at retail.

It is true however that some of this extra capacity has been taken up by our

customers...whose demand has also increased.  We're always staying ahead and

planning for the future...there will be plenty of Innovative sticks and

blades, and hopefully some new products as well.

False alarm guys! I emailed Inno the exact first message and said my friend told me about it and asked if it is true. Here is their response:
Ethan,

That is definitely not true.  We're still very committed to the Inno brand

and have built a lot of capacity to feed the demand at pro and at retail.

It is true however that some of this extra capacity has been taken up by our

customers...whose demand has also increased.  We're always staying ahead and

planning for the future...there will be plenty of Innovative sticks and

blades, and hopefully some new products as well.

Thanks Ambro,

I was freaking just to the idea Inno could stop doing stick.

Thanks for the info...very appreciate

LOL I really wouldn't say that's a false alarm. I'm sure they're going to tell a customer all is well...

All I know is that it really doesn't benefit them to be in the retail market. They can't supply. They have 2-3 dealers, and from my experiences with them, they want to keep it that way. Never dealt with a company that turned away business til I talked to them.

I don't see what the big deal is, its Inno's prostock stuff thats always the best.

The retail blades have better feel than any other brand I've used, though the TPS X1 is pretty nice.

I got the exact same response from my e-mail.

Hello Matt.

That is definitely not true. We're still very committed to the Inno brand and have built a lot of capacity to feed the demand at pro and at retail. It is true however that some of this extra capacity has been taken up by our customers...whose demand has also increased. We're always staying ahead and planning for the future...there will be plenty of Innovative sticks and blades, and hopefully some new products as well.

Dont forget that the more sticks they sell may impact the companies that they supply. If that was the case, Im sure they would want the bulk sale to the companies that they manuf. for, instead of depending on the individual consumer market for purchases...

I would think they would make more money from a direct program, naturally. The problem is, they dont have brand recognition. So change the company name to say... East0n.

Sounds like a pretty uniform answer they are handing out

That sounds like it was prepared by a marketing person, probably in advance. Any time a form answer is used, it's a tip off. This time I'd say it's a tip off that they will be concentrating on other orders and their own production will happen when/if they have time. I'd bet that the pro market still comes before retail as well.

Sounds like a pretty uniform answer they are handing out

That sounds like it was prepared by a marketing person, probably in advance. Any time a form answer is used, it's a tip off. This time I'd say it's a tip off that they will be concentrating on other orders and their own production will happen when/if they have time. I'd bet that the pro market still comes before retail as well.

That is exactly what I was thinking.