Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eman24dx

No more Inno?

Obviously the prostock is harder to come by. Pricing though, can be either wayt oo high, or very reasonable. Plus the option of lower flexes is usualy out of the question.

LOL I really wouldn't say that's a false alarm. I'm sure they're going to tell a customer all is well...

All I know is that it really doesn't benefit them to be in the retail market. They can't supply. They have 2-3 dealers, and from my experiences with them, they want to keep it that way. Never dealt with a company that turned away business til I talked to them.

I hope/wish the letter they sent you guys was true but, Cupolos is a very big Inno retailer and Inno brought them there last order last week and the owner said I was lucky because I got the last tapered blade available (thank god it was a Kovy). But none the less they went from having tons of Inno sticks, shafts and blades to now nothing. I wish this wasn't the case because I love Inno products but thats just wishfull thinking.

If they didn't seem like dunces whenever I've talked to them I'd see what H&SO had to say about it. They seem to get all the inside stuff.

A lot of the Cupolo's inventory was blems/seconds every time I've been there. They always had some interesting products that weren't what the paint job said they were.

They buy in a larger amount then the public does.

Thats not true. The retail market is much larger than the pro market, plus retail sticks are easier to make (much less molds)

You can say that in general, but as always Inno isn't easy to find either in stores or on players around me. You figure a team like the Wings that have quite a few users are a steady customer and offer great advertisement.

I just don't see a reason to satisfy the pro demand and not the retail. It seems obvious to me that there is a demand in retail and with the right marketing they could definately improve upon there lesser known status. Most companies use Pro's to market there products to the retail market where this is almost the opposite. Their main focus is Pro's.

They're just picky like that. Honestly though, it's something they must have planned on doing since it seems there was at least a 6-year gap between their shafts coming out and people really taking notice of them.

One of my teammates is thinking about getting a couple of the Tru-1s from Peranis now, but he doesn't like the 260 flex at all; he's looking for something whippier. He is liking the sound of the 300 flex, but, never holding a 300 flex Inno, neither of us know whether the shaft size would be smaller than the Sr. sticks. Does anybody know if there is a change in the shaft radius and, if there is, just how big it is? Thanks guys.

You can say that in general, but as always Inno isn't easy to find either in stores or on players around me. You figure a team like the Wings that have quite a few users are a steady customer and offer great advertisement.

But now they'll offer great advertisment for nothing though since there will be no retail sticks to be advertised.

For now, who's to say they won't open it up later? I still stand by the fact that even though they're sort of known now, it's still not very common to see everyday players using them.

I know that over the past 10 years, I've played tons of hockey locally and a bit of travel and have seen literally hundreds of players (and of course check out their gear since that's what we do here at MSH). I've only known myself and one other player (also a member of MSH and formerly of CB) to use Inno. This draws questions from a lot of other players sometimes referring to Inno as "Itech"..... :blink: Well they both start with the same letter.....

Questions:

1) Which Inno is closest to a Synergy (non grip) Modano 85 flex?

2) Where is the best place to order or see them in NE Pa.?

Federov is the Modano clone, but it has a lower lie (4.5 I think). I've only tried the 1100 it's not really close to a Synergy in my opinion because it has much better feel and I think a better kick as well, I don't know if any of the sticks are like the synergy performance wise, but all of their fused sticks should be close design wise.

I work for one of the few Pro Shops in California that has carried Innovative in the past (Skatetown Ice Rink, Roseville, CA, USA). We carried Innovative Shafts from 1998-2002 (1100, Nov, 2000, 4000, ect). We have quite a few Adult, Junior B & Travel players that use Inno. We have been through several less knowledgeable Pro Shop managers in the last year and we were not able to order Inno in 2003. With another management change I was able to get the Ok to bring Innovative back. Unfortunately as many of you have found the Products aren't ready or available. After speaking with Dave at Inno he said he was hoping to have the new catalog ready by August and he would be doing his orders after that. If this will happen or not is anybody's GUESS???? He sounded like everything was going good with the tooling of the factories for a Inno production run. But, as mentioned in earlier posts, other production for other companies & Pro orders would take priority. I would say best case would be late 2004 before we see any new Inno stuff.

Jeff

i think its bizarre how they don't want to go retail anymore. i can almost guarantee that if they were as available in stores as, say easton or tps equipment, they'd be blowing them out of the water. everyone i know down here who plays hockey knows of innovative and of their product quality and would do near anything to get one, but its so hard to find one of their sticks

But thats the thing. In the market today, name brand recognition is huge. I'd say its almost, if not impossible to outsell Easton, especially in the stick department because of this.

yeah, true. but look at all the pros that use easton products and advertise them. theres a lot of high quality players using innovative stuff too, and i think if they were in every store like easton theyd quickly catch up...especially since a lot of ppl who use inno say its extremely durable, and from past experiences easton isnt

Ive used easton all my life, But since I got my 1st Inno OPS I would never go back. Im sure if Inno was available everywhere Easton is they would at least be close in sales. Im really not sure why they don't or don't want to go big but im sure they have there reasons that we don't know. Anyways I think Innos will now be in even bigger demand and harder to get. So I see prices going up on Ebay or where ever you can find them.