Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Hossa's and Kovalchuk's visor model....

Does anyone know what models they use (I know it's an Itech, but unsure of the model) and if anyone sells it?

57625657au6.jpg

57223353ue2.jpg

EDIT - pics fixed

I asked someone at Itech a while back and they tried to tell me that the equipment managers were shaping them themselves.

Our rep said there was no way he could get the pro models, so I went back to Oakleys.

Itech 55p Ancut 9 is the model. Like Chadd said, pro only though. I wear it and love it.

I have one also, on the packet it came in it said Hs22 notch cut!

I believe that model is handcut here in our warehouse...

I know who will offer some in the Sell-Section soon B)

I got an old visor lying around, maybe it might be a project for a boring Saturday...would it be grinding or cutting? Grinder on a sanding wheel maybe or maybe cutting with a band saw?

I got an old visor lying around, maybe it might be a project for a boring Saturday...would it be grinding or cutting? Grinder on a sanding wheel maybe or maybe cutting with a band saw?

if i had one lying around i'd use a Dremel tool to try and but it out

one of those hand-held drills that's straight not like a rotated L (FYI and i cant explain it very well)

Hey Fletch, These visors are the HS22's, but are modified in-house at Itech for the pros (as they request). These are non-certified (CSA, HECC). You can try cutting (and buffing the edges after), but modifying these more will compromise the little performance/structure they hold if you ever DO get a shot in the visor.

They are handcut with a template and 99% of NHLers are wearing NON-certified, unsafe visors.

The buffing is the hardest part.

Sounds like they had your ass on buff detail when you were at Itech huh...

No chance. My point was that the average joe can't do it. And that the visors are unsafe. No one on the board has the insurace that NHLers have.

itech uses specialized sanding and buffing pieces to get the right smoothness. The average person will leave it sharp. At some point everyone face meets visor, so its likely you'll end up getting cut.

No chance. My point was that the average joe can't do it. And that the visors are unsafe. No one on the board has the insurace that NHLers have.

itech uses specialized sanding and buffing pieces to get the right smoothness. The average person will leave it sharp. At some point everyone face meets visor, so its likely you'll end up getting cut.

Well I had a brainwave...that's rare especially on Friday.

Find a router and use that instead of a grider or whatnot. Since you can change the router bit you can wind up with a rounded edge instead of something sharp. Might be easiest if you had a routing table, you can rig one up by mounting a router in a hole with a piece of plywood.

Hey Fletch, These visors are the HS22's, but are modified in-house at Itech for the pros (as they request). These are non-certified (CSA, HECC). You can try cutting (and buffing the edges after), but modifying these more will compromise the little performance/structure they hold if you ever DO get a shot in the visor.

Thanks. This is John, right?