Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lfntn10

Your stick height

shorter stick=more power onshot and more control

Control, maybe

Power, no

Lots of factors go into shot power and while stick length is one of them, there are way too many other factors for that to be accurate for everyone.

I am kind of an odd ball...

I am 6'3", play D and use a SHORT stick. Sternum height / Arm pit height on skates. Yes, it is nice to have a longer (normal) length stick for big shots, but how often do you shoot during a game vs stick handle. I basically buy a new stick, remove the plug, cut off ~1", put the plug back in, but cut the wood down to all but 1/4" and I am good. I don't like the hollow end on the shaft.

Doesn't the lie play the most part in deciding stick length?

Most people using a shorter stick use a higher lie. It isn't always a conscious thought, but it works out that way more often than not. I use a fairly "normal" stick length, just under the nose/chin, off/on skates. I play D but concentrate on playmaking/passing/shooting and not trying to deke guys.

I use my sticks quite short. Its about 3 inches under my chin on skates, and me being 6'2'' thats a short stick. It's one of the shorter sticks on our team.

I think I'm completely the oddball in this one. I use a full length (butt end and everything) and I'm 5'10. Biggest part of my game next to skating speed is stickhandling too, and I like the stick longer rather then shorter for stickhandling personally.