Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Pro stock mission blades

alright got my AK27 and some blades in today. heres the best I can do w/ pics, keep in mind that all the blades are wood, I labeled the tapered ones. also, I'm an idiot when it comes to lie so I wouldn't be able to tell you guys the lie so I took a photo instead.

Green, DiPenta

green-dipenta.jpg

Barney, Komisarek

barney-komisarek.jpg

Heres a pic so you can see the lie

all4.jpg

as you can see, I'll be trying out the barney and komisarek tomorrow. the Barney fits nicely into my r2 xn10, the komisarek doesn't wiggle but I think its a little lose because if I drop the heel to the ground I can feel it slightly loose (probably fix w/ a strip of tape). as far as weight is concerned, they are woodies so whatever, although that barney blade is a bit heavier than the XXXlite woody I had in the XN10 previously. I've never used the AK27 so that will be a first as well. if anyone is interested in that DiPenta, let me know, it's too straight for me and the lie is, well I dunno if thats high or low but its not to my taste.

edit: I was able to pull the Komisarek blade out of the AK27 w/o reheating, added one strip of tape and it fits nice and snug now.

So, I'm back on this site for three days and I just ordered two polar fibre dolomites and four carter tapereds. You guys are a bad influence!

TBL, what would you say is the lie on the rahkshani, im liking that curve...and on that note, anyone know any rightys that have a similar curve as the rahkshani TBL posted?

I have been looking at the standered shaft + 2 composite blades combo but the different shafts are starting to confuse me, and I dont really know much about the technical aspects that define what the blade looks like so I will do my best to describe what kind of blade I am looking for.

My current blade (which I am looking for somehting similar to) when you are looking down the shaft of the stick, the blade begins to curve off fairly quickly and then remains straight while leaning back away from the curve.

If it helps, my stick is a wooden TPS response "nash".

I'm not sure if anyone understood that, if so great, otherwse, I pretty much want a stick with alot of curve on it.

While I have been writing this I have found something that may well turn out to be VERY useful for anyone wanting to help me, it is aTPS blade chart :D

PS: In the combo that I'm looking at getting, there is more limited blades avalible so here is the Link to the page with the different options for the pack :)

Bender, The TPS Nash is very close to the Easton Sakic, though I feel the Sakic has a bit more extra toe curve.

If you are right-handed, the Deadmarsh pattern I posted on page 15 is quite close to the curve that you seek, in lie, curve and rocker.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rust...es/IMG_0531.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rust...es/IMG_0530.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rust...es/IMG_0529.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rust...es/IMG_0528.jpg

These are taken next to a Sakic curve.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rustpot/IMG_0401.jpg

Here is the Sakic next to the Nash.

has anyone picked up any of the Walker RH tapered woodies?

edit: or the Hollis RH tapered woodie?

damn the double edit: Stampede #11, can you post pics of what you've gotten so far? You seem to have ordered many that I'm interested in.

Attn: Shanny lovers. The Mission composite tapered blade pattern pro 02-053 is a retail Shanahan clone. Good news for those of us who've been trying to stockpile all the Easton's and p10's since they stopped production of that pattern.

I ordered and received two tapered Dolo polar fibre shafts (300 & 260), one Afenasenkov Warrior blade and five 02-053 Missions.

I used them last night and don't care for the Afanasenkov/300 Dolo combo.

Thanks snipe I'm gonna grab some of those. Are the blades fairly thin and light?

Anyone from Canada buy anything? I was wondering what the Duty charge will be approximately.

I received the Marleau woodies I ordered, but pics are outta the question since my camera is no more. Between the freaking low lie on these things combined with his garbage output this season, I'm a bit hesitant to break them out and don't want to change the lengths of my shafts to make up for the change in lie.

Hate to add this to the already abundant supply of un-addressed and repetitious questions, but has anyone received or become aware of any of these blades being a Styles pattern (Roenick Pro mirrored)? Has anyone confirmed the lefty Modanos are the retail pattern and not a prostock curve?

Thanks guys.

PBRyan:

The lefty Modanos are pro-stock. I've seen pics, but I can't find them any more. Let it suffice to say they were *not* retail Modano.

Also, are your Marleau woodies tapered? Because if they are and you don't want them, I'd be all over them (or a couple of them, at least). I probably won't like the lie either, but I love the curve.

Roadrunner:

UPS' brokerage fees are 1) incalculable and 2) insanely high. The last time someone sent me anything from the States (a used blocker I was donating to a minor hockey assoication), they tried to charge me $40 brokerage fees on an item insured for $60. That's 66% for god's sake. Took two weeks to get it resolved.

Thanks snipe I'm gonna grab some of those. Are the blades fairly thin and light?

Anyone from Canada buy anything? I was wondering what the Duty charge will be approximately.

The 02-053 is the best out of the three clones I got.

Well since I need to order now and they dont have any deadmarsh's listed, im going to wing it and get 2 yashin's, I just hope they will be right for me

If you're looking for something like a Deadmarsh (either this year's or last year's) then the Yashin is the last thing I would think you'd want.