Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

NHL drops the ball again

I am now blacked out of all Flyers, Capitals and Penguins games on NHL center ice. Evidently I'm not supposed to watch the games two (three?) brightest young stars or perhaps the NHLs best player (Forsberg). Please note, there is ZERO discount for being abused in this manner. Great way to thank the hockey viewing public NHL. You want to know why your ratings suck? Your fans can't watch the fucking games, even if they want to.

I apologize for the language, I'm just a little upset about this.

that's really shitty. I would be livid if I paid $150 for center ice and didn't get to watch the games I wanted.

Is it a nationwide thing or just your area? I think we should all email and flood their email with complaints about this. 10 emails a day from each of us, they cannot ignore!

I posted the distances last year. Since i'm too lazy to search right now, all driving distances are estimated; Philly is 90 miles, Washington is 97, Devils are 120, Rangers 140, Isles 160 Penguins are 200 but I live in PA.

Isn't the Flyers game on VS. for you?  Or is this for the whole year?

I get comcast philly and VS, no option for Pens or Caps. The Philly games that aren't on Comcast or VS aren't available either. This is for the season, not just tonight.

I just signed up for it five minutes ago. Not only is what they did to you bullshit, but I'm butthurt I even have to pay $170 to watch hockey on TV.

I've been a center ice customer since I had a primestar dish ten or so years ago. This will be my last year if they don't resolve my complaint.

Isn't the Flyers game on VS. for you?  Or is this for the whole year?

I get comcast philly and VS, no option for Pens or Caps. The Philly games that aren't on Comcast or VS aren't available either. This is for the season, not just tonight.

You don't get Philly57, do you? I'd say about a quarter of the flyers games are on there.

Yup.

Nice time for me to start watching nhl huh? I am probably just going back to my d3 now..

I have said it before I dont know how many times..

Versus is NOT a good place for the NHL. OLN at least had a few games on. Versus only makes time for the games if there isn't something else they would rather have on available.. Like fishing show reruns.. fuckers.

I am not excusing my language.. The NHL needs to get their shit right.

Chadd,

Are you not getting those 3 teams because of your location or is everyone shut out of those teams? Please clarify. I just signed up last week for Center Ice.

Yup.

Nice time for me to start watching nhl huh? I am probably just going back to my d3 now..

I have said it before I dont know how many times..

Versus is NOT a good place for the NHL. OLN at least had a few games on. Versus only makes time for the games if there isn't something else they would rather have on available.. Like fishing show reruns.. fuckers.

I am not excusing my language.. The NHL needs to get their shit right.

VS is not going to go head to head with NFL or college football, that rules out Thursday through Monday. They put more into the NHL than ESPN did the last few years of their contract. The VS HD product is fantastic too.

Sorry you're missing out Chadd but Buffalo is owning our Flyers. Wasn't sure who to go for but I like both of them.

yeah 6 goals in 1 period is a little ridiculous...

they haven't scored a single goal for esche this year!

Sorry you're missing out Chadd but Buffalo is owning our Flyers. Wasn't sure who to go for but I like both of them.

Umm, I'm not missing the game, it's on VS.

Umm, I'm not missing the game, it's on VS.

do you watch it on the HD channel or regular - cause i didnt realize there was a high def one

actually for me they are showing it on the INHD channel for some reason - they dont actually have a HD VS channel (yet?)

Why on earth do you have three teams blacked out? What's crazy is they blacked out the rangers games for me last year, and we have no MSG at least in this area of Connecticut. My dad was pretty pissed. Same thing this year too. The worse part? I still get bruins coverage on center ice, and they actually get TV coverage here, so I get bruins on 2 channels and rangers on none.

i noticed when a penguins game is on fox sports pittsburgh, that it is automatically blacked out on the center ice channels..

but i haven't experienced what you guys are talking about fortunately

is it being blacked out by the local cable company (comcast, etc..) or by center ice?

i noticed when a penguins game is on fox sports pittsburgh, that it is automatically blacked out on the center ice channels..

but i haven't experienced what you guys are talking about fortunately

is it being blacked out by the local cable company (comcast, etc..) or by center ice?

All three are considered my "local" team.