Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzz_LightBeer

Monkey SL's

Darby and Drury are 3 letters off, and those letters are not exactly like mixing up "p" and "o" on the keyboard, maybe Darby is a minor leaguer or somehow had personalized sticks made which he does not like or need.

Okay, you obviously don't know who Jim Darby is, and why his pattern is one of the most popular in the NHL, even though he was a baseball player. Why even post?

It's that massive?

Not really but the styles SL I had was bang on with the P31. Just under 1/2" moderate depth and less lofted than Drury

Found little with a search

Im looking to buy a 100 flex styles SL

do any of the players listed use a styles?

i dont trust a chart that calls Darby a drury, and the styles a 5.5 lie

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nhl-easton-syn...key-sticks.html

If you're left handed, you could just get the SL grip

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/nhl-easton-syn...key-sticks.html

The Darby is probably one of the best patterns ever made, IMO.

As for the Styles, Chadd is basically dead on with the description. I wanted to try one but I just didnt like the curve at all when I saw an SL with the pattern.

And these are all a 5.5 lie?

So when shopping Easton pro stock the Darby and Styles are 5.5?

That's the only lie I can use.

The Styles/P31s that I have seen are under 5.5, Darby is closer to 5.5 from what I recall, it's higher and more of a mid than I like.

Yeah that's the RP alongside it. I'd bought one P31 and just couldn't stand the curve and so I shunned any Sundin TPS stick since I thought that was its copy.