Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pinkfloydspig

Worst Wood Stick

Best/worst in one stick Canadien 6001. It was light as than any of the others but they wouldn't last more than 2 games, even if you didn't see the puck for most of those games. Tough to find a good curve on them around here too.

Like anything else wood its all about pro returns. The old Canadien 6001 were light great performing sticks that lasted 6 to 7 games. One of my all time favorites.

It also had a flat paint that allowed you to rub pucks on the shaft improving the grip. Best wood stick ever.

hah I had a 5093 also, and for a short period it was my main stick. before I learned how to change price tags on ultra lites at sports authority back in the day.

I remember a buddy trying to tip shots in practice. He tipped 3 pucks, all three times the shaft exploded. Really light and great feel, but the retail shafts were like balsa wood.

I've never had the honor of shooting with a pro-return wood, are they really that head and shoulders better than retail? even when it comes to sticks like the 9950?

All wood sticks back then were much better pro. Better wood and patterns. A LHS in my area use to have used Bruins sticks for 6$ bucks each. Thats how I got into these pro returns to begin with.

The 5073 was the lighter version. Bourque used one in his day so of course I had to use one as well.

The pro return canadiens were FAR more durable. Heck I would take one of those over any OPS. Yea I am being nuts but hey ...

Heck after I cut down my stack a bit more ... ok WAY more ... I would not mind getting a dozen custom 5030's. Forsberg pro pattern and old school look. Black lettering and nothing else.

We have a boatload of old sherwood pro stock here, mostly Flyers and Bears.

What patterns in a lefty, model and how much?

i got 6 from the admirals last year, the sticks were about 6 years old (4 Larmer 5030 and 2 Baca 7000) and they were the nestiest hokks that Mack would wet himself over, but they held up like an SOB, ive only broken one as of yet

chadd, where exactly is your shop?

The one with the pro stock is Twin Ponds, some in each location. I'm in Harrisburg, about 5 minutes from The "East" rink. It's right on 83, 2 miles from 81 and 5 miles from the turnpike.

www.twinponds.com

when we were out there we had 4-5 kids that more or less NEEDED things, but the one shop was closed, and the other carried nothing but "gag" tour equipment. If I would have known this earlier ya probably would have made a good 5-800 that day.

ahhh, hah yeah, that weekend SUCKED, weekend before my 21st birthday, one of only two guys on the team under 21. everyone was at this bar/steakhouse while I was walking through a mcdonalds drive-thru at 2am with the minor team.

Ive got to break out my custom 9950 SOP's now.  Its been a long, long time since a wood stick.

Get for the ready for a real culture shock. Loved my SOP 9950's (wicked heal curve)....felt they were light as hell, then I started using an XN10.