Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pinkfloydspig

Worst Wood Stick

Although it's not a true wood stick,my vote is for the CCM Grovelite. I just think the stick is to heavy and lacks any kind of feel. It's weird cause I like the CCM 1052 blades when used in a shaft,they're very good. However this type of blade just doesn't work well with a wood setup.I also find that the Grovelite is unnecessarly stiff which adds to it's unresponsiveness

I was a big fan of the GI GrooveLite (sans hybrid blade).

I used to play with Brett Clark's shovel. I ended up making a hat rack out of them. When I was in Hershey with Chadd I saw the pattern and was like "Damn, how'd I use that?"

I love my Groovelite with a Andreychuck curve. Best wood stick for defensman if you ask me which no one did, but hey.....

I am not a fan of any Koho or CCM wood stick. None of them seem to have the feel of a Sher-Wood.

I also never cared for any of the Bauer sticks at all.

I think it has something to do with the amount of paint and/or fiberglass they use on their stick. Sticks that are completely painted always bothered me. Like they have something to hide :unsure:

The worst for me might be the best for somebody else though.

Worst wood stick eh....I would have to say anything by Koho for sure, with any CCM behind it (asides from the Groovelight). Not a fan of ABS blades. Terrible feel and just crappy. For wood sticks, from what I've tried, go Flarrow or Bauer (same sticks) or go home.

I have (what I believe to be) a V-20 wood stick and it's just awful. Needed it to try a curve, it's heavy, overly boxy, and just doesn't fit my game well, but I can fire a nice shot with it.

depends what you're talking about.

worst performance-wise: old school sherwood 5030s

worst durability-wise: bauer 3030s

although I loved the 3030s, they didn't last long before the heel started to blast apart on them.

edit: since I think JR's post was about me :D

yah id have to agree with the 5030 Featherlight. The stick aint anywhere near "feather light". i feel like im carrying a log around the rink

When the orginal feather lite came out years ago Sher-Wood also had the 5093 graphite and 5073 Fibre glass sticks. Compared to the later of the two the feather lite was indeed "Feather Lite."

the real old 5030...black painted...gold graphics...it was a tank, but as heavy as one. lasted me as an outdoor stick for 3 years.

the real old 5030...black painted...gold graphics...it was a tank, but as heavy as one. lasted me as an outdoor stick for 3 years.

Black graphite strips on the side? If so that sound like the 5093 which was the heaviest stick known to man.

The old Hespeler woodies were some pieces of crap, but I miss their patterns. Chimos weren't much better.

Worst Performer: Louisville Ellipsoids (there is no such thing as a slapshot with those.

Worst Durability: Bauer 3003, great performer, but wont last one whole game

Best Performer: Sher Wont 7000, old Easton Sakic Lami's, Nike Ignite 1's

Heaviest: (tie) Koho Bullet, Hespeler 5500

Chimos weren't much better.

Weren't "Chimos" basically SherWood sticks distributed through their Newport, Vermont Operations? As for SherWoods in general, weight difference between SOP and retail is huge.

Chimo's were the exact same stick as the 7000 feather balanced. The pro return ones were actually very light for the time.

How could I forget Torspo!!!! Could they make a stick that was more bottom heavy???

I actually still have an all wood one that is not to bad.

The fibre glass ones were bricks. They looked cool but yikes ...

I will drop a bomb on the company I work for....The WOOD SYNTHESIS for us was by far the worst stick ever made. The thing weighs more than a goalies stick and was really slippery. Imagine playing with a 2x4 covered in baby oil....

The only good news was you could never break them....By the was "Synthesis"....Interesting who had that name first..... ;)

I will drop a bomb on the company I work for....The WOOD SYNTHESIS for us was by far the worst stick ever made. The thing weighs more than a goalies stick and was really slippery. Imagine playing with a 2x4 covered in baby oil....

The only good news was you could never break them....By the was "Synthesis"....Interesting who had that name first..... ;)

what Mission stick was it the had the Christian Puckmaster type feel on the shaft? that was brutal, like trying to put your hands around a piece of pipe. the top 2/3 of the shaft was supposed to be stiffer that way

Hahaha....blast from the past on the Torspo Hook. I used those for tons of "learning to play roller hockey."

Worst was some Russian stick calle "Skor". They used to have those at Sports Authority 3 for $10. They performed just like the cost suggests.

My favs were the Titan ASD 7000s. I still have a Forsberg pattern in that (also came in C. Lemeiux I think). It has a strip on the heel that prevents it from cracking. I don't play much outdoor hockey on concrete anymore, but that last wood stick has held up for over 5 years.