Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

A message from our sponsor...

snl21pi4.jpg

"Do you remember when our members weren't lazy and actually read before they posted? The board used to be so free of clutter and monkeys. That was awesome."

As a shaft, it's the only tapered I'll use because I finally found some 180s. As name it's incredibly bad and not a good diversion to keep us from realising it's still a goddamn 1100.

SHOULD I GET ONE90S OR VAPOR XXXXS LOLOLOL! KTHANKSBYE :wub:

Seriously though. It's getting really annoying. I say we just stop taking on new members. all in favor?

Lets get some constant niggles out of our way.

1. Chara uses a LONG stick- now shut up.

2. Marty St. Louis still uses a Yellow Synergy

3. The Warriors in the middle are just recycled Innos.

That will be all, thank you.

100_0020.jpg

100_0019.jpg

I think this thread is becoming a forum for all those who have gotten rather frustrated with the past couple of weeks to come in and vent...I love it.

Sadly enough though, it will be responded by all of those who want to fluff their post #'s to sell stuff...

I can see it now... about 50 repsonses of just "LOL", and "HAHA", "Superfeet are better" and "My RBK sucks"

I think this thread is becoming a forum for all those who have gotten rather frustrated with the past couple of weeks to come in and vent...I love it.

Sadly enough though, it will be responded by all of those who want to fluff their post #'s to sell stuff...

I can see it now... about 50 repsonses of just "LOL", and "HAHA", "Superfeet are better" and "My RBK sucks"

LOL

It HAS been especialy bad over the last couple of weeks. I think you are partially right Anthony, that padding their post count is a primary reason.

The other part is more social and rhythm I think. Some new members are talking just to hear themselves and/or make their presence "known". It runs the gammit from some who have to be a "know it all" to others who say useless things. But they haven't figured out the flow or rhythm of this board yet, and don't realize they are, in effect, being the guy who just farted on the bench.

It always is a bit difficult jumping into an established conversation and figuring out the "way things are done around here". I sense that there have been a larger influx of new members recently which has made the inevitable "fitting in" process a bit more painful for established members. And the mods must be pulling their hair out...LOL

I agree...you Mods have your work cut out for you... especially that weekend Mack was flying solo haha. It's like people knew...

This forum is no different than others though... what's amazing about this board, is the reviews, which should easily avoid these "stick #1 vs stick #2- what should I buy?" threads....

I just reached a whole new level of annoyance one morning last weekend I woke up and saw about 25 threads in a row replied to by one person... and majority of it was dug up before I was even a member??

It urks me, because in all honesty- the mods here run an amazing, insightful board- reading, learning, absorbing, I can walk into my lhs with confidence now. I just get bothered thinking someone might actually be using the amazing wealth of knowledge to turn profit on their old gear... I mean, nothing wrong with selling things once you've basically provided enough of your own proper insight for others.

I guess my only message would be "Just don't abuse this guys, you've got a really, really great thing here"

It HAS been especialy bad over the last couple of weeks. I think you are partially right Anthony, that padding their post count is a primary reason.

The other part is more social and rhythm I think. Some new members are talking just to hear themselves and/or make their presence "known". It runs the gammit from some who have to be a "know it all" to others who say useless things. But they haven't figured out the flow or rhythm of this board yet, and don't realize they are, in effect, being the guy who just farted on the bench.

It always is a bit difficult jumping into an established conversation and figuring out the "way things are done around here". I sense that there have been a larger influx of new members recently which has made the inevitable "fitting in" process a bit more painful for established members. And the mods must be pulling their hair out...LOL

Being someone who knows everything about useless things, I want to know how to use the search tool. I keep hearing people talk about it. It sounds like fun.

<fart>

Being someone who knows everything about useless things, I want to know how to use the search tool. I keep hearing people talk about it. It sounds like fun.

<fart>

Look right below the different topics on this forum, theres a white box with the words "Enter Keywords". Type what you want to search in that box and hit search. Its a decent tool but alot of the times it'll bring up 10,000 topics.

I keep forgetting the damn smiles. It was supposed to be cute. :unsure:

I've learned to use the plusses and minuses to try and dig up what I'm looking for.

I agree...you Mods have your work cut out for you... especially that weekend Mack was flying solo haha. It's like people knew...

This forum is no different than others though... what's amazing about this board, is the reviews, which should easily avoid these "stick #1 vs stick #2- what should I buy?" threads....

I just reached a whole new level of annoyance one morning last weekend I woke up and saw about 25 threads in a row replied to by one person... and majority of it was dug up before I was even a member??

It urks me, because in all honesty- the mods here run an amazing, insightful board- reading, learning, absorbing, I can walk into my lhs with confidence now. I just get bothered thinking someone might actually be using the amazing wealth of knowledge to turn profit on their old gear... I mean, nothing wrong with selling things once you've basically provided enough of your own proper insight for others.

I guess my only message would be "Just don't abuse this guys, you've got a really, really great thing here"

That part might just get a whole lot better in the future. ;)

I keep forgetting the damn smiles. It was supposed to be cute. :ph34r:

I've learned to use the plusses and minuses to try and dig up what I'm looking for.

Searching titles is another one that works surprisingly well.

In all seriousness though, I think the overall level of information given on the board is of pretty good quality. If someone says something that's not completely correct or is completely wrong, there's enough people that at least someone will be able to correct the mistake.

I'm fairly new to the board, so I may not have the group-dynamic (or whatever touchy-feely motivational speaker term you want to call it) thing down. But for a community of several thousand members, I haven't seen many examples of egregiously bad behavior compared to many other community sites out there on teh intarweb.

Should I buy a pair of supreme 30 or one90s?? They look the same and I'm not going to spend $500 more just for transparent holders. What do you guys think?