Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

A message from our sponsor...

I hope I never say something that shows up on this thread.

Jbone post from....

Apr 17 2004, 04:39 PM

Post #10

I think I have seen those once before.They dindt look too bad.

Oh... I couldn't resist!! LOL

The other part is more social and rhythm I think. Some new members are talking just to hear themselves and/or make their presence "known".

"i want to announce my presence with authority"

the what skates and curve are better threads get a bit annoying. especially when people ask about skates or sticks that arent even out yet!!!

6. Use the best English and spelling you can. There are members from all over the world who have enough trouble translating proper English, let alone your shorthand.

the what skates and curve are better threads get a bit annoying. especially when people ask about skates or sticks that arent even out yet!!!

6. Use the best English and spelling you can. There are members from all over the world who have enough trouble translating proper English, let alone your shorthand.

what did i mis-spell?

People who try to correct others only to be asses are also a major problem.

It does add a bit of humor to my day when MACK shoots down some kid posting in gangsta lingo about some Warrior crap.

Regarding newer members, some are clueless, but others will learn. You shouldn't need your "Corebeam" ID card to post here.

although I haven't been here nearly as long as some of you I've noticed it goes in waves. A month or so ago the board was running smoothly with a few of "those" threads and posts which were, of course, handled. It's seemed to pick up recently and more members, including myself, gave the "mack treatment" to some of those posting. We can only expect that this will go back to running smoothly for a couple weeks before being bombarded with more of "those" threads again. It's a cycle.

Good observation TBL, I've noticed the cycle too.

Lest we seem unwelcoming to new members, I think it is important to say that it is not exclusively them. Many of the new members are already adding to the thoughtfulness and knowledge base of the board... whether it be from information or good questions. Just as there are a number of established members who constantly transgress with useless and repetitive posts.

I do look forward to enjoying that upward cycle again.... sigh

Just as there are a number of established members who constantly transgress with useless and repetitive posts.

That's a long list.

I just had the most killer pack of lemon cookies ever. News at 11.

Oh yeah, well I made a lemon cake last week and there's still a piece left in the kitchen. I'll go eat it right now. :P

Good observation TBL, I've noticed the cycle too.

Lest we seem unwelcoming to new members, I think it is important to say that it is not exclusively them. Many of the new members are already adding to the thoughtfulness and knowledge base of the board... whether it be from information or good questions. Just as there are a number of established members who constantly transgress with useless and repetitive posts.

I do look forward to enjoying that upward cycle again.... sigh

Exactly, new members are a good thing and we shouldn't discourage posting or registering... it just seems as though in this cycle that we, as established members, decided to give them a hard time about posting ridiculous topics and comments. I personally wouldn't want to discourage anyone from posting but I'd hope that they'd try to match the overall level of this board as this is NOT a regular board. This board is more professional and better moderated than most. There's also plenty of other boards that will ban on a drop of a hat, edit posts with unnecessary pictures quoted and ten times the search nazis that we'd ever be.

One of the boards I'm on has a waiting period after registering that users have to wait before they can post. The reasoning is supposively so that new users will have to wait to post and will then search as well as read the rules while they wait to be given the right to post. Not saying it's a solution but just throwing it out there.

One of the boards I'm on has a waiting period after registering that users have to wait before they can post. The reasoning is supposively so that new users will have to wait to post and will then search as well as read the rules while they wait to be given the right to post. Not saying it's a solution but just throwing it out there.

Some of our members don't even read the email or PM they get when they get a warning. I'm really starting to lose hope here.

Yeah, that's one of the problems. I honestly didn't read the rules until after I got a warning for my avatar and I only read it once. I think that people can get a basic understanding on what is allowed and what is not if they just read posts for a while. I've read a few first posts from users recently that mentioned that they were readers a while before they registered and they followed the rules in their posts and had better questions than you'd expect from a first time poster. Definitely not saying that it's a quick fix but something to consider when you guys start to get overwhelmed with playing disciplinarian.