Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heatley_15

1st gen Synergy

Hey guys sorry to start a new post on here but I couldn't find anything on it in my search... I bought a 1st gen synergy off of some kid who doesn't even play hockey, he says his dad works for some company that does the logos so he gets them for free. Ive never seen one like this before, It has a satin finish and it has Z-carbon graphics on the blade. Doesn't have a name or flex on on it, but its a Lidstrom curve, feels like a 100 flex. Anyone see one of these before?

Looks like the graphics are on the wrong way. Interesting stick, maybe an early prototype. Looks to be a standard shaft/blade combo fused.

at first i thought you got ripped off, because it look like a flipped 2002 synergy, but it has no visible fuse point. The shaft it upside-down, or flipped as if the blade was broken and the shaft was cut and flipped to accept standard blades. I think it is a prostock, maybe a painted over ultra lite?(because of the standard blade)

The fuse point is visible, it's right at the N in Easton going up the hosel.

Does anyone know if Easton writes the names of sticks and shafts on the inside like Inno/Warrior?

My bet would be a repainted Synthesis, since it's a tapered shaft, not a UL or Z-bubble

at first i thought you got ripped off, because it look like a flipped 2002 synergy, but it has no visible fuse point. The shaft it upside-down, or flipped as if the blade was broken and the shaft was cut and flipped to accept standard blades. I think it is a prostock, maybe a painted over ultra lite?(because of the standard blade)

He's right, it does look as if the shaft was flipped, but that may just be what the 1st generation Synergy looks like.

I think it was a great find and it's a sharp looking stick.

That isnt the 1st generation synergy. The original was a really dark charcoal-ish color.

It could be the flash from the camera

A little off topic, but my 1st gen original SyNergy was probably the best stick ever. I used it for a year and it still looks just slightly used. If that turns out to be a 1st gen with a prototype paint job, you got your self a beauty.

Yeah I paid almost nothing for it and I can get more of them if I want. It just seemed odd to me how the graphics were backward on the shaft and it had graphics on the blade and theres no gloss to it at all.

That isnt the 1st generation synergy. The original was a really dark charcoal-ish color.

That was the color first generation retail Synergy. Pro stock synergys began as the brighter-silver. Back in the day that was the quickest way to spot a pro-stock vs. retail.

My first synergy was a pro stock it was nice!

It could just be another easton stick painted over i seen hespelar sticks with vapor xx painted over them.

Guys, it's probably a regular synergy. He said his buddy's dad's company does the logos, so they probably just slapped the graphics on a regular old synergy to see how the graphics would come out.

I highly doubt it's a mystery stick under the paint.

A little off topic, but my 1st gen original SyNergy was probably the best stick ever. I used it for a year and it still looks just slightly used. If that turns out to be a 1st gen with a prototype paint job, you got your self a beauty.

I still have mine from 2001/2002 with an Yzerman curve. Your right that the stick is probably the best stick they made. It's flex is still great and it has held up like no other. I havent used it in about 2 years but it is a great stick.

Not to get off the subject but I was told by a guy at MLHS that his Easton rep said that they designed and have been using their blades with a bridge or spine similar to the new Kronik stick for years. Is this true or a rep trying to sell his product?

Not to get off the subject but I was told by a guy at MLHS that his Easton rep said that they designed and have been using their blades with a bridge or spine similar to the new Kronik stick for years. Is this true or a rep trying to sell his product?

I have never heard this, but in this topic where the blade is bubbled it looks like it.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...36&hl=Broke?