Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

Discontinued equipment

I am having a debate with my friends about discontinued equipment. It started with Mike Modano's old CCM Tacks skates. They have been discontinued for a long time, yet he still wears them. I personally think they must of stocked up on a whole bunch and keep them stored away. My friends think that because they are pros they can get the companies to fire up the assembly lines and make up some new custom ones for them. I guess it does seem somewhat possible, but where do they get all these parts from ? Its not like they have a whole bunch of heel wedges saved away ?

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modanotripmn1.jpg

If they make them for one guy, they might as well give it to whoever wants them...

Tomas wheres some old school tacks aswell, so I assume they make them for him, too.

Your theory is a probability too like with Welly and his sticks.

They grandfather those guys in...

It was like how TPS would only make HG1 gloves for certain players after the gloves were discontinued (Messier, Tkachuk, etc)

fastmiele, Kaberle definetly wears the old tacks.Tomas still wears an old school garter belt O-o?? (in fastmiele's link)

It's odd cause it seems Kaberle goes through them quite fast. When I was at the ACC gift shop, there were like 5 pairs of his skates which weren't hacked up and in pretty good shape.

It was like how TPS would only make HG1 gloves for certain players after the gloves were discontinued (Messier, Tkachuk, etc)

How about Iggy and Modano's Easton gloves? Same thing I assume.

Saw Kaberle in a pair of newer Reeboks a while back. He must have been waiting for his Tacks to be delivered. He wore them for about three of the Leafs regular season games about mid-season.

How about Iggy and Modano's Easton gloves? Same thing I assume.

Modano is using an old pair of gloves he had given away and bought back.

As far as Iginla's, not sure - I'm trying to get an order through on that glove for me, so will let you know if I can get them made.

Sopel rocks those old tacks too.

My question is about the players that wear older style helmets but always have them in the right colors for all star games, international play and when they get traded to another team. Sure there are less and less now since RBK and NBH have taken over and convinced players to wear the new gear.

Sopel rocks those old tacks too.

My question is about the players that wear older style helmets but always have them in the right colors for all star games, international play and when they get traded to another team. Sure there are less and less now since RBK and NBH have taken over and convinced players to wear the new gear.

It's like Selanne and his old Jofa buckets. How many of those does he have?!

I remember when Gretzky went to St. Louis, they were talking about how the Blues equipment manager had to beg the oilers equipment managers to dig through the storage areas to find him a blue helmet. You know by the time he went to NY, the probably made him take his helmets with him.

He is down to his last one in both white and black. Selanne donned a RbK lid at the All Star Game.

It's like Selanne and his old Jofa buckets. How many of those does he have?!

Didnt he only wear it during the practice? Come game time he was in a blue Jofa....

Zach

Tomas still wears an old school garter belt O-o??

Those things are way better than those jockpants!

Being a lazy pro who does not want to change, but this is getting a bit stupid in my eyes.

I'd have a tough time picturing Selanne in a RBK helmet. I'll try to find pics.

Edit:

Sorry, link doesen't work. Just google Teemu Selanne All-Star Practice. Should be the 1st pic.

He looks different like that.