Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2008 Mission Product

If it's a Sept release it will coincide perfectly with the beginning of the Summer Roller season for me. My He10k's are abit too tight (8.5's, really should have bought 9's) so I will definately be buying a pair of something as long as they fit nice and snug.

Will there be any sizing differences between the new line up (Im dubbing the McTease) and the Helium range? For eg: Will a size 9 He10k be equivelent to the size 9 McTease 1's? Or will we see a difference like the Vapors V's the ONE90 Supremes?

I think I saw a pair on one of the guys running the Team South development program tryouts. (Didn't play in them, by the way, since I'm going to be gone all summer, but I did watch a couple friends make the team [and I watched those skates a fair amount])

I think the Rink Rats are a great selling point to any skate; if Tours came with Rink Rats, I would get them, but since Missions do, and they look better than CCM's and Reeboks (my opinion) I go with Mission.

I think my size changed though... I was a 10.5 D 950, but now the 10.5 D 10000 is too big (long) ... might need to go for 9.5 EE or 10 EE.

I think the Rink Rats are a great selling point to any skate; if Tours came with Rink Rats, I would get them, but since Missions do, and they look better than CCM's and Reeboks (my opinion) I go with Mission.

What?!?!?!

Are those bauers w/ labeda wheels in your avatar?lol

Would you really buy a skate based on the wheels? Maybe I am hard on wheels, but my skates last WAY longer than the wheels do. My wheels, whatever brand, have to be replaced MANY times over before the skate comes close to wearing out.

What?!?!?!

Are those bauers w/ labeda wheels in your avatar?lol

Yeah I got the Tour deal with mounting, bearings, chassis all for $110. I sold the wheels for about $50, so essentially, I got a chassis mounted and shipped back to me for about $60. Don't you worry, they are on RR's now!

Would you really buy a skate based on the wheels? Maybe I am hard on wheels, but my skates last WAY longer than the wheels do. My wheels, whatever brand, have to be replaced MANY times over before the skate comes close to wearing out.

That's not exactly what I said. If two skates are of equal attraction to me (Tours and Missions were equally enticing when I was looking for skates) and one has better wheels or a better price, of course, I would get the pair with the better wheels/price.

was just thinking that... the wheels are a nice bonus, but the skates are the ones I would be concerned about.

Of course the concern is the skates; boots and chassis are the biggest consideration! Now that I think of it, I should have gotten a pair of clearance Beemers or even Code E-2 instead of spending $300+ on my 10000s.

By the way, if anybody is interested in these 10.5D 10000's, they've been worn only a few times, and I would love to get rid of them. They are 1/2 size or even one full size too big, and they just feel too long. They came with Hyper's, but I knew I could sell those and get Rink Rats and even a $20 dollar bonus.

Yeah I got the Tour deal with mounting, bearings, chassis all for $110. I sold the wheels for about $50, so essentially, I got a chassis mounted and shipped back to me for about $60. Don't you worry, they are on RR's now!

Wow, I wish deals like that came around more often....hint hint Mission ;)

i would say id steal derek kerns skate after a game but if they arent the right colors its pointless.. im sure justin will hook it up sooner then we think.. i was taking a closer look at dereks and they seem pretty sick

Wow, I wish deals like that came around more often....hint hint Mission ;)

Why need to - they own the market share. It's like Nike/Bauer giving away a stick with skate purchase...certain things you just don't do.

More of a possibility, than a suggestion....

Fuel120Roller.jpg

Aussie Joe, that skate doesn't have the past vert eyelets at the top that Missions are known for. It kinda looks like a Tour boot mated to a Mission frame. It still looks pretty cool, though.

are you guys being serious or just kidding about the boot new mission ice skate?

What justin says is that the new rollerskate is going to come in different colors?

Of course the Mission's will come in different colours as has been the trend that has been working well over the past few years, I just knocked up that pic after reading between the lines (probably too much) on this post...

thats too bad I actually really liked the design of the test skate I have seen. Looked somewhat traditional with basically an all black boot.

I liked that version too. I think you guys will like them...

Even thought it doesn't exist, I would probably buy the 110AG roller model. Thin ankles on my side means the vert eyelets really become useless as I generally prefer to tighten the top few eyelets allot more than most ppl. That and the skate just makes me think "horns up" as soon as I see it. ;)

No past verts on these...actually if that is what you want in a boot, then you just might get it...

In the words of Borat.... "Very nice! How Much?"

Seriously but, that makes me a happy skater to know my thin/pissy ankles will be more taken care of by the new skate.

I'm pretty hard on my skates, and look to new skates every year or so. I'd stick with Mission's products, but may change the frame or something to suit my style of play.