Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

think im getting k-mart down my side on the 5th

ill post pics when its done

The actual store font? Or is that a nickname of yours or something? Not chirpin', just curious.

no its my nickname. my name's Kyle Martin so ive picked up the nickname K-Mart over the years

Do you have a design/font style picked out yet?

I'm starting to think about #3. I want something hockey/Canada themed for my left arm.

~ Red Maple Leaf and crossed hockey sticks

~ Canadian Map with hockey rink lines

~ Flag tied to a hockey stick

??

I definitely want something with some color this time.

dont get the flag on the hockey stick. see wayyyyyyy to many of those in the dressing rooms over the years.. just my $0.02

There are a couple versions of it in this (or one of the other tat threads) already. Somewhat classic, yet overdone. Then again there are lots of koi out there too. Trick is to get a commonidea with a unique twist.

no its my nickname. my name's Kyle Martin so ive picked up the nickname K-Mart over the years

Do you have a design/font style picked out yet?

no i dont really know what font i want. ill probably have the guy draw out a few and see what i like best

got my k-mart one done today. Got it down my side and holy shit did that hurt hah.

i only got the outline too. i was too much of a bitch to get it filled. ill post a picture when it heals

got my k-mart one done today. Got it down my side and holy shit did that hurt hah.

i only got the outline too. i was too much of a bitch to get it filled. ill post a picture when it heals

Newsflash...at least in my limited experience...shading/coloring hurts more than outlines. Enjoy session #2. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Well, your right. There's nothing you can do now, but if you ever decide to get another one, obviously content of the tattoo is most important, but I think location and placement is a close second, I'm also a victim of the too small tattoo, I look at all of mine and always think they could have been bigger. But I also have plans to be pretty much covered in them where it'll work out, if that's something you were looking to do then size could work out for you. You could also change it from just saying kmart to making it some type of scene with an image surrounding it. Its brand new, wear it around, take care of it and then go from there. Who knows maybe you'll find that the exact place and size you wanted it.

theres room inside all the letters but i like it how it is right now too

Just have the artist fill/shade the inside of the letters (go 2 pages back and see my "one life one chance" piece on my back), this way it's not all getting filled in and will also add some depth/detail to the letters. As far as pain goes... I always looked at it as the more needles the less pain ;) when they're filling in they're using a number of needles at once in their machine, where as an outline it's usually a single needle... the single needle seems to create more pain for me b/c it's almost like a razor blade slicing a line, where as the larger tips w/ more needles seem to spread it out more so it's not as bad. Now when you get into multiple colors and shading and details and going over the same area time after time, now that's some painful stuff.

Small, discreet but a bit painful are the wrists. Where I have mine and the only place I could see me getting them.

Sorry this is a little old, but what are your wrist tattoos? I always thought the wrist was a cool place for a tattoo.

On a side note, anybody ever had any white ink tattoos done?

edit: Spelling.

Edited by roscoe6

hey xstartxtodayx, can i see a pic of what looks like your right arm, that has the red lightning bolts on it?

Sorry it's been a while since I've checked this thread. I don't really have many pics of the whole arm, some piece by piece as it was still in progress but I think they're all on my comp at home. I did have this one on my photobucket account

152_5278.jpg

That was right after the red lightning bolts were colored in, hence the shiny A&D on top (so glad I don't use A&D any more, I switched to h2ocean tattoo foam a few years back and love that stuff, no greasy mess for me, the only grease now is the pomade in my hair). You can see part of the swallow which is on the outside of the bicep, the hockey skull w/ sun and laurel on the shoulder (my avatar), my blinkoi right in the middle, and the ribbons on the bottom were originally going to be the bottom of the 3/4 sleeve (it's now on it's way to being a full sleeve), the other side of the ribbon there is a heart (bruised and nasty looking) safety pinned onto my skin right beneath the elbow, it has a banner that says "heart means everything", which is a line from the band With Honor and also just something I like to try to do myself. On the back side of the arm on the tricep there is a cartoon-ish rocket taking off and also a small bee w/ stinger which was a logo of a local band called The Movielife which played a significant part in my life. I think that about sums it up, I'll have to look for some of those other pics or try to take some new ones.

edit for spelling

Edited by xstartxtodayx

LOVE The Movielife... so good.

Small, discreet but a bit painful are the wrists. Where I have mine and the only place I could see me getting them.

Sorry this is a little old, but what are your wrist tattoos? I always thought the wrist was a cool place for a tattoo.

Mine didn't hurt at all.. it's on the inside of my wrist. Unfortunately, the whole Bam Margera/Viva La Bam/His Infernal Majesty thing blew up, so now having a 'heartagram' tattoo is pretty lame. But, that's what a watch is for!