Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

it would have been funny if it was different context, when i post something with a serious nature, i thought people would have enough respect to take it on the serious side. apparently fireboy and chadd dont have respect for my serious situation that i opened up to you guys.

You might want to note that he didn't go after any of the emotional or sensitive parts of your post, only the overly-dramatic; "name one other thing that you can pay for now, and be able to take it to the grave with you." He wasn't mocking the situation with your child or how you live your life, just one really over the top statement. If you're going to taunt people with comments like "everyone that says my tattoos are a waste of money and embarrasing to my son, get your key boards ready. i got another one last night. its my last name across my back", then you damn well better be ready when someone decides to take you up on it.

Long story short, we all have adversity in our lives and have to move on as best we can. Don't create adversarial situations and then play the martyr card when someone takes the bait, you won't get much sympathy in those situations.

i just saw an article on yahoo that tattoos are not seen as taboo at work anymore.

I have been in many business meetings with short sleeves on and no one has told me to cover my tattoos.

Chad got you beat

long story short i ended up with the word "pimp" tattooed on my chest.

Thought i would get it covered but it represents a great memory

Edited by jmiro

Not being asked to cover up would not necessarily be an indication whether tattoos are being accepted. It's being passed over for promotions when all else seems equal that tells the true acceptance, although each company will have different standards.

Religious tattoos, particularly signs of devotion, particularly done by Christians or Jews crack me up.

Your God doesn't want you getting tattooed. It says somewhere in the bible, the front part that has all that crazy rambling crap about not wearing cloths of differing fibers.

Not my tattoos thank you very much. And in all reality, most people don't take the bible word for word. If it what's they want to do, it's what they want to do.

And secondly, you have to remember that the Bible was interperted, same with the Torah and the Quar'an. Don't sound so self rightous with stating "your God doesn't want you to get tattooed".

And if you really want to get technical, there are two bible verses that speak about God ordainted tattoos

And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Ezekiel 9:4

One shall say, I am the Lord's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD, and surname himself by the name of Israel.

Isaiah 44:5

And there kids, is my useless degree at work! Go religious studies go!

Edited by Ti-girl

The first passage could be interpreted as a marking is okay, but I think you're misreading the second passage. Given the preposition 'unto' is used, 'subscribe' probably means 'pledge' in this usage.

I.E., a modern translation would likely be, "...and another shall pledge with his hand to the LORD...."

Religious tattoos, particularly signs of devotion, particularly done by Christians or Jews crack me up.

Your God doesn't want you getting tattooed. It says somewhere in the bible, the front part that has all that crazy rambling crap about not wearing cloths of differing fibers.

Not my tattoos thank you very much. And in all reality, most people don't take the bible word for word. If it what's they want to do, it's what they want to do.

And secondly, you have to remember that the Bible was interperted, same with the Torah and the Quar'an. Don't sound so self rightous with stating "your God doesn't want you to get tattooed".

And if you really want to get technical, there are two bible verses that speak about God ordainted tattoos

And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Ezekiel 9:4

One shall say, I am the Lord's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD, and surname himself by the name of Israel.

Isaiah 44:5

And there kids, is my useless degree at work! Go religious studies go!

You're taking that passage from Ezekiel out of context.

Here is the whole thing

1He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

2And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.

3And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

4And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

8And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

9Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not.

10And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

11And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me

The verse prior to that, it's talking about a man with a writers inkhorn who is supposed to write, not tattoo, a mark on the forehead of believers so they don't get slaughtered, which it talks about in the following verses.

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women

Nothing like good feelings and love from the bible!

Major religions aren't OK with tattoos.

Edited by lawryde

Yeah but really Ti, how can you argue with a Rhodes Scholar candidate who has such stinging, poignant insight such as "the front part [of the Bible] has all that crazy rambling crap about not wearing cloths of differing fibers?"

Really, striking logic. If only we could spread the word.

Oh, and my favorite are the people that get a dozen different random styles of tattoos all over their body, then they try and get a sleeve to "tie them together", and they just look like a mess. Good luck with that crap in 10 years!

My most recent of 3 tattoo's.

Adversus Omnis Casi: Latin for Against All Odds. After my knee surgery doctors told me I'd never be able to cycle (was a Pro Mountainbiker at the time) or do any other activities....this was 8 years ago. Still riding (but not competing) and playing hockey.

Viscus: Latin for Heart.

Fortis: Latin for Strength

Scales of Justice: I'm a libra, and the sign for that is scales.

So if you put it all together it is my way of expressing a big eff u to my surgeons that told me that I would never do anything again. Looking at the scales you see that my heart is heavier than my strength...and that no matter who told me what, and with their higher degrees of education than me, that my heart will always be stronger than their brains. That is my little soliloquy for this morning. :)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/s...Picture1068.jpg

My most recent of 3 tattoo's.

Adversus Omnis Casi: Latin for Against All Odds. After my knee surgery doctors told me I'd never be able to cycle (was a Pro Mountainbiker at the time) or do any other activities....this was 8 years ago. Still riding (but not competing) and playing hockey.

Viscus: Latin for Heart.

Fortis: Latin for Strength

Scales of Justice: I'm a libra, and the sign for that is scales.

So if you put it all together it is my way of expressing a big eff u to my surgeons that told me that I would never do anything again. Looking at the scales you see that my heart is heavier than my strength...and that no matter who told me what, and with their higher degrees of education than me, that my heart will always be stronger than their brains. That is my little soliloquy for this morning. :)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff228/s...Picture1068.jpg

Thats a really good idea. i wish i could think of stuff like that for mine.

Yeah but really Ti, how can you argue with a Rhodes Scholar candidate who has such stinging, poignant insight such as "the front part [of the Bible] has all that crazy rambling crap about not wearing cloths of differing fibers?"

Really, striking logic. If only we could spread the word.

Oh, and my favorite are the people that get a dozen different random styles of tattoos all over their body, then they try and get a sleeve to "tie them together", and they just look like a mess. Good luck with that crap in 10 years!

Excuss me. Let me quote the text and maybe you can use your Rhodes Scholar winning logic to explain what it really means to me. I'm stoopid.

From Leviticus Chapter 19:

19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

I think hockey jerseys are poly-cotton blends. God doesn't like hockey jerseys.

27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

God doesn't want you to shave your beard.

28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

God doesn't want you to get tattoos.

Wow. It's a good thing I don't believe in that stuff: I wear a hockey jersey at one point or another nearly every single day, and I look like an asshat if I don't shave for three or four days.

Back to the topic, though (or at least closer to it): when I was planning on moving up to Canada to play Junior, I was thinking about getting a tattoo somewhere (probably on my back or biceps) that would have said something to the effect of "Made in America." I decided against it, since I'm not the first American to have played some minor hockey in Canada, and I'm certainly not the first to play Junior up there...and, on top of that, I didn't want to differentiate myself from my teammates. Then I got hurt, which really made the whole thing a non-issue, anyways.

I think that cougarscaptain is just expressing his own mind. doesnt matter what others think, if you're happy with the tat, then that should be the end of that.

How someone spends their money is up to them... he could have spent the money on new equipment (!) but decided to get something more meaningful to himself... whats wrong with that?

Its the same when my wife says that she wants to buy a nice watch that costs $3k... instead of the mickey mouse one we saw the other day. How many of us have still got your old toys/security blankets that you grew up with? how much did that mean to you when someone threw it out???

It's a bit of a stretch to compare tattoos to my awesome first appearance of Cable comic book. I see your point though and can't goof on someone for getting a tattoo so long as there's reasoning behind it. It may look gaudy but they had their reasons to get it. Though it's sad how many of the same Canada-related hockey tats all look the same and deserve all the goofing they get.

Thank you Mack...

Finally the light at the end of the tunnel.

We are free to do with our bodies as we personally see fit. THE BIBLE TELLS US THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it go... it's not your flesh that's being subjected to Hell!

*sidenote* The Bible speaks of nose rings, did all the fanatics here fail to recall THAT PERTINANT PIECE OF INFO?

Let it go lest ye be called a douche-bag.

EDIT* I'm officially changing my signature now!

Edited by D aka speck

It's a bit of a stretch to compare tattoos to my awesome first appearance of Cable comic book. I see your point though and can't goof on someone for getting a tattoo so long as there's reasoning behind it. It may look gaudy but they had their reasons to get it. Though it's sad how many of the same Canada-related hockey tats all look the same and deserve all the goofing they get.

I don't think they have to have a huge amount of reasoning or deep seated meaning, just get something original, that fits the space (not a tiny hockey stick in the vast ocean of skin of your back or shoulder), and spend some money on it so it looks good and isn't done by a scratcher.

Personally....I feel that the only thing that you should put on your body on a permanent basis should be something that you feel personal about. A tribal arm band is nothing more than an attempt at escalading yourself into a different class...or lack there of. All of my tattoo's I have designed with a sketch pad, and each one took over 6 months to design the finished product. Personally....I never wanted to be out at the beach or otherwise and have some guy point at me and say "HEY!!!....we have the same tattoo."

Lawryde-

Original is good, but that's pretty hard to come by unless it's a sleeve or something else with more work done on it. Someone getting a singular tattoo is more than likely getting something we've seen before. I can always forgive girls for getting something silly when it's done near their hips though, but I'm human.

Lawryde-

Original is good, but that's pretty hard to come by unless it's a sleeve or something else with more work done on it. Someone getting a singular tattoo is more than likely getting something we've seen before. I can always forgive girls for getting something silly when it's done near their hips though, but I'm human.

I always wonder what those cute little butterflies and angels near the hips/belly will look like after a couple kids though.

Lawryde-

I always wonder what those cute little butterflies and angels near the hips/belly will look like after a couple kids though.

They'll look like an albatross hovering over a nest of stretch marks and cellulite.