Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jokerit1967

Zog's Sex Wax Hockey Wax v. SnapWax

anyone try out Mr. Zog's Sex Wax hockey Wax ? http://www.sexwax.com/

I do know that they have different formulations or at least different waxes for different temperatures (not necessarily labeled for hockey stick use).

If someone has tried out the Mr Zog's Sex Wax Hockey wax formulation I wanted to know if it has a hard consistency, i.e., doesn't mush easily between your fingers.

I do like SnapWax which has a harder feel out of the package... it requires a little more force to apply but it doesn't go to mush in your fingers. It's become almost impossible to find locally and someone at a rink recently (who did not have zog's with them) suggested I try Mr. Zog's. If Zog's were of the consistency/hardness I prefer it would be convenient since they sell directly...and also very cheaply 75gram bar at $1.08 (plus shipping of course- which works out well if you buy a couple at once).

Most of the shops around here are carrying the A&R wax and the stick wax that comes in a deodorant type dispenser... both of these types are super, super soft when compared to Powerplay Marketing Group's SnapWax. Any info would be appreciated. thanks

I think Zogs is the near-unanimous choice on this board. Personally, I love the stuff. My only issue is the $5 tag Great Rape slaps on it...but driving to the store is much easier than buying it online like I used to, so I'm not going to complain.

ya if you're store is selling Zogs for 5 bucks you need to check out any online surf shop. it's still the best though even at that price. Most hockey wax is priced around 5 bucks and it's much less gooder...

What's the difference between the sex wax/snapwax/A&R wax versus regular candle wax?

Stick wax is tacky. Candle wax/parafin will stop snow build up, but i think it makes the tape too slick.

I think Zogs is the near-unanimous choice on this board. Personally, I love the stuff. My only issue is the $5 tag Great Rape slaps on it...but driving to the store is much easier than buying it online like I used to, so I'm not going to complain.

Just buy it online from Mr Zogs, in bulk.

i just ordered some zogs in the white flavor but they sent me the red stuff. never used anything other than the white, if i use white tape is this stuff gonna turn my tape pink?

i just ordered some zogs in the white flavor but they sent me the red stuff. never used anything other than the white, if i use white tape is this stuff gonna turn my tape pink?

very slightly. You can't tell unless you look really close.

I saw some in a store and figured for a dollar each, I'd buy a couple. Very good idea on my part. I've been using it for a couple of months now and I'm still on the first bar. Personally, Zogs is my favorite out of what I have tried.

yeah of all the wax i've bought, zogs is definitely the best. i was just a little worried about the red as opposed to the white i've been buying. but i think i should be alright, if not, i'll buy more white and throw the red to the mooches in the locker room when they ask haha

Zog's for sure. The red/pinkish variations do have a slight tint to them, but you have to look closely for it.

They were selling it for a $1 a pop at a shop I was in once so I bought about 10. Pretty set for a while haha. Most places around I have seen are around what JR said, $3 or so.

I use Zogs and love it. I stick to the cold water formula (I think it's the white or maybe blue?), it keeps it stickier in colder conditions (like an ice rink). I paid around a buck or so... but then again there are plenty of surf shops in the area that carry it as well so there's no need for the hockey places to try to mark it up and take advantage since it's readily available elsewhere (like someone earlier in the thread mentioned their LHS does).

I really like Zogs as well. Just grabbed it one day when I was getting my skates sharpened and I've like it a lot since Day 1. The smell (at least for the pink) is fantastic too, I can't get enough of it. Sometimes I go into the basement just to get a sniff. :blush:

The wax goes over the tape, not instead of the tape.

The red leaves the slightest tint, and is softer that the white/blue. It also smells better :)

Zog's rocks, I've tried others, and had different results, always go back to Zog's.

The wax goes over the tape, not instead of the tape.

The red leaves the slightest tint, and is softer that the white/blue. It also smells better :)

Zog's rocks, I've tried others, and had different results, always go back to Zog's.

lol, sorry to be unclear- what I meant was, why not just use really sticky blade tape? What is the wax adding?