Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyherb

NHL 2K8

That news about the "skillstick-style-gameplay" being added to the 2k series had to be done for them to keep up with EA, but its still exciting anyway. I'll prob have to give both a try before deciding which one to buy. I know most people seem to think that NHL 08 looks better, but one you see it in motion it might be a bit different. When you look on IGN 2k8 is a huge leap in terms of visuals from 2k7, and even rivals NHL 08 in my opinion.

Today at 3pm PST there is a web conference about NHL 2K8.

You can watch here (not sure if you need IGN insider access or not). If that doesn't work, check out Gamespot.

That news about the "skillstick-style-gameplay" being added to the 2k series had to be done for them to keep up with EA, but its still exciting anyway. I'll prob have to give both a try before deciding which one to buy. I know most people seem to think that NHL 08 looks better, but one you see it in motion it might be a bit different. When you look on IGN 2k8 is a huge leap in terms of visuals from 2k7, and even rivals NHL 08 in my opinion.

i think if you look at both games on IGN EA is far and beyond on what 2k is, thats just me though

I'm pretty sure it's EA, but I'll play the game that I deem to be superior, MSH included or not. Copies sold means nothing to me. And like anything else, the fact that both games have the potential to be rock solid only means that EA and 2k will be forced to continue to push the envelope with regard to innovation in their respective quests to one-up eachother.

EDIT: Not entirely in response to JR's post!

The 2k series was selling more when they dropped the prices for those two years or so. It's more evened out since then. If I remember correctly though 2k7 had the little logo for highest selling hockey game.

I picked up 2K7 for $1.68. While the graphics are just horrid, 2K looks like they finally got their act together for this year but I'll get both EA and 2K just because of their unique features. As for the 2K becoming like EA, maybe it's because of Dave Warfield :P

in gameplay(not the shootout) the graphics were pretty even but the gameplay of 2K was better than 07... As long as you adjust the speed of the game to something more realistic.

in gameplay(not the shootout) the graphics were pretty even but the gameplay of 2K was better than 07... As long as you adjust the speed of the game to something more realistic.

2k's animations and models are nothing to write home about

As for gameplay 2K probably took the 2007 title because last year's NHL 07 was only running on 30FPS and also because EA started from scratch. The new goalies and skill stick for 07 was great though.

I bought 07 right when it came out last year, I eventually got sick of it or whatever and then I got 2k7 for christmas. I haven't played much 07 since then. I think that 2k7's fighting is way better then 07's.

EA has the skating dynamics and sega has the FUN factor. I prefer EA's because they make a pc version. Pc version isn't bad.. its been the same for a few years now. They say that they are changing it to the new setup. Guess its time to get a 360 controler for my pc.

I bought 07 right when it came out last year, I eventually got sick of it or whatever and then I got 2k7 for christmas. I haven't played much 07 since then. I think that 2k7's fighting is way better then 07's.

i think one of the things that keeps the game fun is create-a-player and create-a-team, usually EA lasts me until the next game comes out but this year 07 didn't have create-a-team and their create-a-player was a letdown so 2K7 is good for that

2K is also not as cheap as EA... EA always scores all sorts of funny goals 'cause their goaltending wasn't so sharp and there are some funny bounces of the boards that happen and result in goals. 2K is a sharper game and there are a TON of sliders, so you can adjust the settings to your liking, unlike EA which has a few but they don't allow for the same depth as Sega's games.

i think one of the things that keeps the game fun is create-a-player and create-a-team, usually EA lasts me until the next game comes out but this year 07 didn't have create-a-team and their create-a-player was a letdown so 2K7 is good for that

NHL 07 did have a creae-a-team.

NHL 07 did have a creae-a-team.

not for xbox 360 it didn't