Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Esposito's skates

Tacks may not be flashy/cool looking or 700 grams like some other skates, but they are built like tanks and they get the job done for years, if taken good care of. It's too bad that people need to have silver/chrome skates to feel good on the ice, and that most don't see the understated elegance that is the traditional look of a tacks hockey skate. I have never heard of a pair of tacks going bad after 1-2 seasons, as is common with today's lightweight-fad skates. The tacks "gimmick" is that they need no gimmick...they do what they are supposed to do, year after year, with no hassles.

It's too bad that people need to have silver/chrome skates to feel good on the ice, and that most don't see the understated elegance that is the traditional look of a tacks hockey skate. I have never heard of a pair of tacks going bad after 1-2 seasons, as is common with today's lightweight-fad skates. The tacks "gimmick" is that they need no gimmick...they do what they are supposed to do, year after year, with no hassles.

I am having a very bad day at work so......

You mean like these lightweight fad skates you just bought? Are you kidding with this old-school comment?

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...showtopic=32332

And as for you CCM boy, I don't think you had anything to do at all with the design of the skate

Do you bill everything to Underhill as well? ;)

I personally only deal with John Cocktoston.

The ccm rep I deal with name is Liddy, gordon liddy. Gord tells me the new ccm skates are going to have ball bearings too, its all ball bearings nowadays.

I am having a very bad day at work so......

You mean like these lightweight fad skates you just bought? Are you kidding with this old-school comment?

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...showtopic=32332

I have worn tacks my whole life up until now...so yea, I think they are good skates. I bought stealths simply because they fit my feet better than any other skates I tried on. I don't have to justify this decision/purchase to anyone, especially you. So if you've got a problem, take it up with someone who gives a shit.

Tacks are a good skate; more durable, reliable, and proven than most others on the market.

Do you bill everything to Underhill as well? ;)

I personally only deal with John Cocktoston.

I saved his life during the war.

He never went to war.

I know, I got him out of it.

There is a fair difference between designing a product, and testing it and giving feedback, I think someone may have done the latter!

Amen!

Maybe they're the new Tacks. On a side note, are those being re-released for '08?

I was thinking the same thing. Although they don't have the characteristic Tackish white heel wedge, hmm....

They look very classy, in opposite to all of the aero-space industry looking creations seen lately...

As for the return of the Tacks line, I cannot say when but I bet it will be in 2008...

I don't really know or care what they are (I can't buy them yet, and probably won't when I can) - but I do hope they actually look like that when they come out - you know, like skates.

no they arnt the tacks they are the new vectors for sure ...im postive

Man it took me a long time to get some of those . I hope no one saw me stumbling word pieces in front of my PC.