Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

TPS sticks

At the ice castle in Castle Shannon PA, there are some Redlite XN10 shafts. I went to the Pens scrimmage camp and it was at that rink.

If you called they might be able to ship it out to you.

link

I've heard from a couple of people that they broke the shaft on their XN10's during games long before the blades went.

I know a couple guys who had the same problem. The XN10 shafts do not handle constant hacking and slashing very well.

I've had good luck so far (don't take many slappers just wristers and snapshots and the shaft has lasted about 2 seasons). I've also moved to a less chippy league hopefully that will lessen the hacks, etc..

When I play D I'll just use my redlite instead.

I bomb away with slappers all the time and mine have held up for 2+ years. The older one is missing a ton of paint but it's holding up well for me.

Speaking of finding discontinued TPS shafts, does anyone know where I could find a couple of the old black rubber shafts?

hockeyworld.com has them.. They also got R2 xn10's

At the ice castle in Castle Shannon PA, there are some Redlite XN10 shafts. I went to the Pens scrimmage camp and it was at that rink.

link

There are a few places on the internet that have xn10 shafts, there have been a couple new ones on ebay for weeks now for $90 I think. Price is always between $90-100 or so.

link

There are a few places on the internet that have xn10 shafts, there have been a couple new ones on ebay for weeks now for $90 I think. Price is always between $90-100 or so.

Looked for them used.. I found mine on ebay from a guy who used it 2 times and couldn't get used to the whip flex. It was pretty much brand new and I got it and a few trash shafts for $40 shipped.

Don't ever let it be said that the power of subliminal suggestion isn't effective.

After reading through this thread, and seeing the pic of Chadd's TPS collection (in a different thread), I felt compelled to revisit TPS sticks. The only TPS I'd ever owned were the XN10 and the Response Plus pro stock sticks that EWH was selling, and I liked both of them. At the time I had them, I had other sticks that were 'ahead' of them and subsequently sold them off, so I felt like I never gave them the proper usage.

Anyway, I just ordered the C4 Armor in Whip Flex/Sundin. I'll post back in the thread when I've received it and put it through some paces.

I think all sticks are made in China now, but I do recall that Sport Chek was branding bad sticks with Response+ and Adrenaline paint jobs.

So has anyone actually used the Sportchek Adrenaline control sticks? Does anyone know if these are actually made in Canada, Mexico or China? And what these sicks compare to now (becasue they have no XN10 and vibration damping in them)? Would they compare to and old response or more like the newer sticks like an R6 or something?

FWIW, I got my hands on their true one-piece $60 price point stick.... It was blue and it was heavy, but it was a true one-piece stick at a price point not yet seen from other manufacturers.

I had a long talk with the rep. They still use xn10 in case anyone thinks otherwise, they just dropped the name.

FWIW, I got my hands on their true one-piece $60 price point stick.... It was blue and it was heavy, but it was a true one-piece stick at a price point not yet seen from other manufacturers.

I had a long talk with the rep. They still use xn10 in case anyone thinks otherwise, they just dropped the name.

Again, calling the sticks true one pieces is misleading. It's a one piece shaft but the blade is still formed separately and attached after the shaft is created. As for using XN10, the performance on the new shafts is still lacking compared to the XN10 series. In the process of lowering the cost, they also lowered the performance of their sticks.

Decisions, decisions. I want to try TPS, and they're easy to find since I'm small and take intermediate flexes... I just don't know whether I want the R2XN10 or the Adrenaline. The only thing stopping me from getting the R2 is the durability issue, but I'd love to have a shaft so I can stick a VDS blade in it and the performance is fantastic, but I'd hate to break the shaft. The Adrenaline seems alright, heat and pull when the blade goes, but I'm not sure whether I'll lose the performance of the XN10. I know they're both made of Xn10, but that doesn't mean the performance is great, as evidenced by their new line.

Adrenaline owners, speak up!

Again, calling the sticks true one pieces is misleading. It's a one piece shaft but the blade is still formed separately and attached after the shaft is created. As for using XN10, the performance on the new shafts is still lacking compared to the XN10 series. In the process of lowering the cost, they also lowered the performance of their sticks.

unless I seriously misinterpreted him, this is supposedly a true one piece. I understand the distinction you are making, and his explanation to me was that it was the 1st true one piece on the market at this price point. He said I was actually one of the very 1st people to hold it. Otherwise, there was no reason for him to make such a fuss about this low end stick.

I asked him about past performance vs. today and he disagrees with your assessment. He has read this thread and I believe you have even been contacted by him before.

I bought the R2 a few weeks ago, and let me just say that i was very dissapointed with it. I snapped he shaft the 2nd week on a slapshot, which really isn't all that hard with me. Luckly for me, when they sent me the new stick back, it was the R6, which although is much better then the R2, still doesn't demonstrate performance like Easton sticks.

Then again, i could also be used to Easton sticks, seeing as i have used those for the last 2 years.

unless I seriously misinterpreted him, this is supposedly a true one piece. I understand the distinction you are making, and his explanation to me was that it was the 1st true one piece on the market at this price point. He said I was actually one of the very 1st people to hold it. Otherwise, there was no reason for him to make such a fuss about this low end stick.

I asked him about past performance vs. today and he disagrees with your assessment. He has read this thread and I believe you have even been contacted by him before.

No reason at all for a salesman to make a fuss about the product he's selling. I've handed a few people my R8 and R2XN10 and every one of them said the performance was better on the older stick. Again, no sales rep in his right mind is going to tell you an older product is better than what they're selling now.

I just can't see why any company would actually use the same process that Busch uses making their one piece sticks. It's just not that cost effective compared to the shaft and blade methods used by everyone else.

I bought the R2 a few weeks ago, and let me just say that i was very dissapointed with it. I snapped he shaft the 2nd week on a slapshot, which really isn't all that hard with me. Luckly for me, when they sent me the new stick back, it was the R6, which although is much better then the R2, still doesn't demonstrate performance like Easton sticks.

Then again, i could also be used to Easton sticks, seeing as i have used those for the last 2 years.

The original R2 or the R2XN10? There's a big difference. I've probably owned a dozen TPS sticks (not counting the shafts I stocked up on) and never broken a shaft.

The original R2 or the R2XN10? There's a big difference. I've probably owned a dozen TPS sticks (not counting the shafts I stocked up on) and never broken a shaft.

Ah, i should have read better. I mean the new R2. sorry!

Hey guys,

I am goin a little off-topic here but it still pertains to TPS Sticks. I was wondering if you could tell me if this stick is real... I saw it at a Sportchek and they have them priced at $130 CAD. I am a little skeptical because it is an Afinogenov curve, I thought these weren't available for the Adrenaline Control because they discontinued the Adrenaline Control before they came out with the Afino. curve, correct me if I am wrong. Also in addition all my previsous Adrenalines (including one pro stock Bieksa) all say 'Precision made in Canada' not 'Engineered in Canada'.

picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

Real examples

Hey guys,

I am goin a little off-topic here but it still pertains to TPS Sticks. I was wondering if you could tell me if this stick is real... I saw it at a Sportchek and they have them priced at $130 CAD. I am a little skeptical because it is an Afinogenov curve, I thought these weren't available for the Adrenaline Control because they discontinued the Adrenaline Control before they came out with the Afino. curve, correct me if I am wrong. Also in addition all my previsous Adrenalines (including one pro stock Bieksa) all say 'Precision made in Canada' not 'Engineered in Canada'.

picture 1

picture 2

picture 3

Real examples

Sounds like the same thing with those Response +s.

It IS the same thing as the Response+. Its just a shitty pricepoint stick with the adrenaline label.

I agree this looks and sounds bad, but has anyone used one of these sportcheck adrenaline control sticks? I would love hear some feedback, as what these sticks would compare to?

I just got home and had an email from the rep waiting for me. It's not a true one piece but it is a $60 retail OPS. Then again, giant is already selling the R2 OPS at $60.