Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

English, he's ordered things for me from some of the equipt reps, but I do pay for whatever I order. Remember he's on an AHL budget, and I would never want to get him in any trouble. He has although gotten, some autographed non usable sticks for the bar room wall and for my puck bunny in training daughter, lol.

don't know if I'm allowed to post this but I got my one95s for $499 from lettermen sports plus $5 for shipping

What? How? It's listed at $650 on the website.

edit: Nevermind, I'm assuming that's the "members" price.

that is correct it is the member's price, although if you are buying skates then membership is free with purchase and they automatically reduce the price of the skates to the member price

I thought they weren't allowed to ship over the border?

don't know if I'm allowed to post this but I got my one95s for $499 from lettermen sports plus $5 for shipping

that is correct it is the member's price, although if you are buying skates then membership is free with purchase and they automatically reduce the price of the skates to the member price

If he's in Vancouver, he may have just gotten them to ship to one of the package handling stores in Point Roberts, WA.

Also, my One95s should be here by the end of the week. I'm sure it's already been said, so I'm sorry for asking, but do the One95s have to be baked to fit properly like the One90s did, or is it just recommended?

If he's in Vancouver, he may have just gotten them to ship to one of the package handling stores in Point Roberts, WA.

Also, my One95s should be here by the end of the week. I'm sure it's already been said, so I'm sorry for asking, but do the One95s have to be baked to fit properly like the One90s did, or is it just recommended?

yeh I had them ship to a package company for me and then I bring it back and pay the GST+PST (our sales tax) and applicable duties. I usually do that for anything I buy online lol, so much cheaper when just shipping within the United States

Just got back from Hawaii this AM...first thing I did was hit the road and drive two hours to Kemps to get me some One95 love. By the way, from a sizing perspective, I wear a 9D Vapor XXXX and the 9D One95 was perfect. Two minutes in the oven and the heel locked into place nicely. I had them bake one skate at a time. Of course I had to get two pair. It was kinda cool being an experiment for them. The only people that have bought the were online, so they had no idea about fit comparisons ...three people including Kemper were asking about how it felt compared to the XXXX.

FYI - pricing for some locations are lower in the store than online....hint hint...

Some more data to the masses after my game tomorrow...I can't wait.

I tried on an 8.5 today (wear an 8.5 XXXX right now) and it felt like the right size. I thought it felt really good except how stiff it was, but I'm sure that it will be better after you bake them. I also noticed that the tongue was stiff too.

I tried on an 8.5 today (wear an 8.5 XXXX right now) and it felt like the right size. I thought it felt really good except how stiff it was, but I'm sure that it will be better after you bake them. I also noticed that the tongue was stiff too.

Baking them made it feel so much better. The heel just locked right into place. The tongues are very stiff. The skate is too. They are not as stiff as the XXXX at the top, but are pretty close in stiffness. Also noticed the tendon guard is not as stiff as the XXXX, but not as flimsy as the One90. As previously mentioned...it seems that after the baking I do not have to lace the skates tight at all. The boot wraps around the foot, and once it cools it feels like a lightweight cast.

I finally tried them on tonight - the left skate felt pretty good except for some pressure in the navicular area. Nothing a bake and maybe a little punch couldn't fix. Like others have mentioned, the heel pretty much locks into place, even without a bake. And strangely enough, when I first put the skate on, it felt kinda uncomfortable, but after about 5 minutes of it on my foot it seemed to feel much better....I'm not sure if it was just my imagination or the boot somewhat adapting to my foot. Hmmm.....

The right one though, is "inconclusive" at this point because my foot is still swollen from surgery in January.

All in all, the seem like a very nice skate! The One75 also seemed VERY nice.

Curious why everybody is switching from XXXX to One95?

I though XXXX were pretty good & they aren't that old to be trashed already?

Solar:

Wouldn't say switching...more like gear whore transitioning...

I will still continue to use my XXXXs. The XXXX is a great boot, just really ALSO like the feel of the One95. It's funny with many of us here: we don't buy gear because we need to, we buy it because we want to! I will be the first to sign that declaration.

Curious why everybody is switching from XXXX to One95?

I though XXXX were pretty good & they aren't that old to be trashed already?

Solar:

Wouldn't say switching...more like gear whore transitioning...

I will still continue to use my XXXXs. The XXXX is a great boot, just really ALSO like the feel of the One95. It's funny with many of us here: we don't buy gear because we need to, we buy it because we want to! I will be the first to sign that declaration.

:lol:

for the sizing shouldn't the foot be almost touching the end of the toe cap for the one90's and one95? or does leaving a little bit of space for growing work? just curious

for the sizing shouldn't the foot be almost touching the end of the toe cap for the one90's and one95? or does leaving a little bit of space for growing work? just curious

Some people like a gentle brush, some like it tighter...pretty much personal preference. I like mine really tight. I wear a 12 shoe and slip into a snug 9 skate. In general, a little room is OK...but not much. I find that my toes touching the toe cap gives me much better power transfer for quick acceleration on pushoffs.

Same with me i like my toes closer to the toe cap but, the one90's says that it mirrors your feet the toe cap but, what happen if people with still growing foot gets one90's should they still be getting it with a little room to grow?

i usually tell people that if they are buying this boot its meant to fit exactly to the foot right now. so i dont fit them for growing room. if they want the skate to perform properly, then they will take it. most often i find if someone is buying that skate for their child, they arent too worried about buying skates every year for them, and they understand the situation. if they are spending that much they usually dont mind paying $25 down the road for a power stretch either

It's funny with many of us here: we don't buy gear because we need to, we buy it because we want to! I will be the first to sign that declaration.

I knew you were going to say this :)

The only problem for me is that switching skates "even" once a year has very low (or actually negative) WAF

[Wife Approval Factor]

Some people like a gentle brush, some like it tighter...pretty much personal preference. I like mine really tight. I wear a 12 shoe and slip into a snug 9 skate. In general, a little room is OK...but not much. I find that my toes touching the toe cap gives me much better power transfer for quick acceleration on pushoffs.

I am a size 12 shoe and usually fit into a 9.5D skate but I'm finding that a 10D fits me a bit better these days. In a 9.5 my toes are kinda crunched at the end and I think it maybe hurting my technique so when i get new skates I'm going bigger in the sense that I want my toes to feather the cap.

Just got back from Hawaii this AM...first thing I did was hit the road and drive two hours to Kemps to get me some One95 love. By the way, from a sizing perspective, I wear a 9D Vapor XXXX and the 9D One95 was perfect. Two minutes in the oven and the heel locked into place nicely. I had them bake one skate at a time. Of course I had to get two pair. It was kinda cool being an experiment for them. The only people that have bought the were online, so they had no idea about fit comparisons ...three people including Kemper were asking about how it felt compared to the XXXX.

FYI - pricing for some locations are lower in the store than online....hint hint...

Some more data to the masses after my game tomorrow...I can't wait.

Hi MLSman, are there any ice hockey shops in (Honolulu)? I need to go there this June. Here in Belgium it is quite bad with ice hockey shops, you cannot

try a lot of skates. Unfortunatelly Honolulu is the only US city I neeed to go to in the next few months (does not sound very "ice-hockey" city"). I would very much like to try One95 and Fuel 120XP skates

thanks, I just located them on the web as well. I am already looking forward to go to the shop. I am skating currently in Supreme 8090, but if I feel that One95 fit even better, I will not be able to resist. Additionally the dolar is now quite cheap compared to Euro so shoping in States is OK now.