Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

Has anyone tried out the ONE75? I was originally looking at Supreme 70's then I saw that those were due out soon and figured I'd wait for the updated model. They seem like a nice upgrade from the Supreme 70.

I believe the 75's are made out of the same materials the one90's were. Cant say for sure though.

Also, I am sure it was already mentioned but i dont want to look through, whats the cost of the 75's?

I believe JR mentioned in one of these one95 threads that the one75 is essentially a re-skinned one90.

Has anyone tried out the ONE75? I was originally looking at Supreme 70's then I saw that those were due out soon and figured I'd wait for the updated model. They seem like a nice upgrade from the Supreme 70.

I believe the 75's are made out of the same materials the one90's were. Cant say for sure though.

Also, I am sure it was already mentioned but i dont want to look through, whats the cost of the 75's?

I believe JR mentioned in one of these one95 threads that the one75 is essentially a re-skinned one90.

I wonder how the price of One90s on clearance will compare to that of a new set of One75s. I love my One90s but I could use a little but more volume so it sounds like a set of One95s would suit me if I've followed this thread correctly.

I just want to mention that we got our NBH shipment in yesterday and the One95 is absolutely unbelievable. I've personally always been an easton guy(S15 right now) and I wasn't even able to get my foot into a One90 without excruciating pain.

Took the One95s out of the box and slipped them right on. Started to feel a little pain around the big toe after walking around in them for about 20 minutes, but nothing a baking wouldn't fix. Definitely puts them at the top of my "next skate to buy" list.

You're in Valencia and you got them in already?

Hockey Giant = FAIL

Hockey Monkey = FAIL

yep. we got in our shipment on the 15th. haven't gotten through all of it yet but so far ive found sizes 5.5, 7, 8, 9.5 and 10

You're in Valencia and you got them in already?

Hockey Giant = FAIL

Hockey Monkey = FAIL

yep. we got in our shipment on the 15th. haven't gotten through all of it yet but so far ive found sizes 5.5, 7, 8, 9.5 and 10

If Valencia was closer to Newport, I'd be up there to try those 10's on!

My favorite guy in the big brown truck brought my pair today. the skates are built fantastically. When I tried them on, the left skate felt absolutely fantastic, but the right one hurt like hell on the inside of the heal. kind of where the blue heal cup starts. I know some of you guys would look down on my purchase on line but there are no LHS in my area for at least a two and a half to three hour ride. there are a couple shops at the local rinks but they only carry used and lower line gear. Anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem or should I just pack them up and send them back?

My favorite guy in the big brown truck brought my pair today. the skates are built fantastically. When I tried them on, the left skate felt absolutely fantastic, but the right one hurt like hell on the inside of the heal. kind of where the blue heal cup starts. I know some of you guys would look down on my purchase on line but there are no LHS in my area for at least a two and a half to three hour ride. there are a couple shops at the local rinks but they only carry used and lower line gear. Anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem or should I just pack them up and send them back?

time and bake

Exactly.

Also, is there anything different about your right heel as opposed from your left heel? Like a heel spur, haglund's, etc.? If not, I would feel around in the heel area of the boot for abnormalities.

Another thing you could do is wait for a store near you to get them and go try theirs on and see if the pain still persists.

Thanks for the replies, no there are no spurs or abnormalities except for the fact that my right foot is a little larger than my left. Have been wearing the s-15's and had no problems with them except for the durability. The One95's are built like tanks, I just am afraid to get them baked since at that point I'm at basically "the point of no return" and for the price of them I want to make sure they will fit. As for trying on a pair at a local shop the only One95's that will be arround my area will be special orders. I do have a friend that is the equipt mgr. for the wbs penguins, but I don't want to bother him while the team is in the playoffs. (I'm hoping they will still be in the playoffs till late May-early June, but that won't help me.)

Thanks for the replies, no there are no spurs or abnormalities except for the fact that my right foot is a little larger than my left. Have been wearing the s-15's and had no problems with them except for the durability. The One95's are built like tanks, I just am afraid to get them baked since at that point I'm at basically "the point of no return" and for the price of them I want to make sure they will fit. As for trying on a pair at a local shop the only One95's that will be arround my area will be special orders. I do have a friend that is the equipt mgr. for the wbs penguins, but I don't want to bother him while the team is in the playoffs. (I'm hoping they will still be in the playoffs till late May-early June, but that won't help me.)

that's awesome about the baby pens equip. manager being your friend. does he get you anything ever ?

omg dude bake them

I tried on the 11's (which i had in one90's) and thought it was good, but they told me to try the 10.5 (i'm a 13 shoe and absolutely scoffed at that idea. Put it on, and it killed! so painful, decided there was no way i was leaving the store with it. Tried the 11's again and realized they were way to wide in the fore foot. So we baked the 10.5's and the way the mold is unbelievable. First couple skates on them they still hurt a bit, and it felt like i'd need them punched out, but after about 2 hours on them they are amazing. Like it was stated before (sorry, don't remember who said this) "Its not so much you getting used to the boot, its the boot getting used to you. The more you skate on it the better it feels."

Due to budget constraints, I'm going to have to go the online route as well. I can find the One95s for $649.99 with free shipping from a couple of sites; by comparison if I go across the border into British Columbia I'm looking at $699.99CDN plus the taxes, which make the final cost close to $790CDN. Our dollar is about even with Canada's right now, so I'd be looking at about an extra $150 to buy in a store up there. Even with having to pay for a heat fitting and sharpening (I'll be having the blades profiled up there anyways), it's still more economical for me to go the online route.

I'm currently wearing Bauer Supreme 8090s is 7D, from what I've been able to gather from this site and exchanging a few PMs with various members, I'm going to order my One95s in 7D as well.

Yeah if your foot fits nicely in the 8090s you should be fine with a 7. Were the 8090s retail?

They were, and I plan on having the boots on my 8090s relined and keep them for use as a backup pair.

I really want to get a pair of these but none of the hockey stores have the skates yet.

I've read a lot about the skate being wider.

I was a 6 D in the ONE90 and that fit very well. Should I go down to a 5.5 D ? Currently I am in S15 6.5R but I could go down to a 6 I think no problem.

One of my LHS' got all their NBH stuff in yesterday and I scoped it out when I picked up my skates. The ONE75s were very impressive, still extremely light and seemed very well finished. Also, at first blush, the U+'s seemed equally light, if not lighter, than the ONE95s. But as people have mentioned, not overly stiff.

don't know if I'm allowed to post this but I got my one95s for $499 from letterman sports plus $5 for shipping

SSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

don't know if I'm allowed to post this but I got my one95s for $499 from lettermen sports plus $5 for shipping

What? How? It's listed at $650 on the website.

edit: Nevermind, I'm assuming that's the "members" price.

don't know if I'm allowed to post this but I got my one95s for $499 from lettermen sports plus $5 for shipping

What? How? It's listed at $650 on the website.

edit: Nevermind, I'm assuming that's the "members" price.

that is correct it is the member's price, although if you are buying skates then membership is free with purchase and they automatically reduce the price of the skates to the member price

I really want to get a pair of these but none of the hockey stores have the skates yet.

I've read a lot about the skate being wider.

I was a 6 D in the ONE90 and that fit very well. Should I go down to a 5.5 D ? Currently I am in S15 6.5R but I could go down to a 6 I think no problem.

I'm sure you or your parents will like it if you go down to 5.5's. Those are juniors.