Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

For anyone who's switching over to the ONE95 skate from a Vapor XXXX, could you tell me what differences you noticed?

hey all. quick reply please. i have vapor XX in 10d. what msize shall i order for one 95's?

Try them on.

basically your ripping your lhs off just to try them on and order them online..... :angry:

I was finally able to find a LHS in my area to have ONE75's. Coming from an old, antiquated Supreme 4000, I went from a 8.5D down to a 7.5D in ONE75. I was a little surprised to hear them suggest I go down a full size but hoped it would work considering that was the only size they had! They were a little tight in the toe area and mid foot area but I had them baked and it did the trick. Best fitting skates I've ever had. Unbelieveably light also. I absolutely cannot wait to try them out on the ice!

hey all. quick reply please. i have vapor XX in 10d. what msize shall i order for one 95's?

Try them on.

basically your ripping your lhs off just to try them on and order them online..... :angry:

FYI, I tried on the One95's at my LHS and bought them at my LHS. No online buying from me.

For anyone who's switching over to the ONE95 skate from a Vapor XXXX, could you tell me what differences you noticed?

I'd like to know this too...

(but I'm not switching skates anymore until my XXXX falls apart, which by they way they're built might be a while - breaking in & adjusting to new skates is not a fun exercise for me)

Hi MLSman, are there any ice hockey shops in (Honolulu)? I need to go there this June. Here in Belgium it is quite bad with ice hockey shops, you cannot

try a lot of skates. Unfortunatelly Honolulu is the only US city I neeed to go to in the next few months (does not sound very "ice-hockey" city"). I would very much like to try One95 and Fuel 120XP skates

Actually...there is one! And they are a NBH First Line dealer. The pro shop is in the Ice Palace in downtown Honolulu:

http://www.icepalacehawaii.com/

They do not carry the top end skates (ie XXXXs or One95) but they sure can order them for you and have them for your arrival. If I were you I would give them a call.

I got my pair the minute they came off the shipping truck (of course ;) )

I've skated in them three times so far, and more to come, so i will throw a review up in a month or two.

I wore a size 10EE one90. The 95 definitely has more volume, and I figured i'd be able to pull off a 10D in them, but was suprised that a 10.5D fit best. There was no pain initially before baking aside from some tightness and pressure up by the bones on the outside of the balls of my feet(no clue what they are called). After baking, everything felt perfect though.

As for skating...I love them as expected. I put regular lightspeed 2's on my one90s so i figured the LS2.1 steel would feel awkard. After a forward rocker just as i had on my one90s, it was a very easy adjustment, and i'm happy with it. These things are STIFF. So if you don't like stiff skates, these are not for you. Another plus of these are that they look and feel indestructable, and the tendon guards are fixed finally! Hopefully nothing new will arise and come destroy my skates. So far, so good.

So I just played my first game with the One95 and have been wearing the XXXX for a year. Here are my impressions:

Boot:

Wow! The boot is absolutely the most responsive hockey boot I have used in my life. They are amazingly comfortable, light, and very stiff. You absolutely have to bake the boot. The skate more than any other I have ever worn feels like the last was designed for you. After a boatload of skating I had no soreness, pain, or any signs I even had the boot on. This has always been a painful process for me, as the first few skates can be pretty sore on the ankle bone. The One90 was so painful I could not wear it.

LSPower2.1 runner:

I absolutely hated the longer steel! This is not a knock on it. This is totally a personal preference thing. I am so glad this runner can be replaced with the LS2. I had such a hard time making quick turns...even stopping felt weird. I have become so used to the LS2, that it felt too foreign to stick with. I am the type of person that will try new things. In this case however, it is not worth it for me. Luckily I have a spare set of LS2 runners in the house, so these bad boys are getting some new steel.

I will report back Wednesday/Thursday when I skate on the One95 with the LS2 steel.

So I just played my first game with the One95 and have been wearing the XXXX for a year. Here are my impressions:

Boot:

Wow! The boot is absolutely the most responsive hockey boot I have used in my life. They are amazingly comfortable, light, and very stiff. You absolutely have to bake the boot. The skate more than any other I have ever worn feels like the last was designed for you. After a boatload of skating I had no soreness, pain, or any signs I even had the boot on. This has always been a painful process for me, as the first few skates can be pretty sore on the ankle bone. The One90 was so painful I could not wear it.

LSPower2.1 runner:

I absolutely hated the longer steel! This is not a knock on it. This is totally a personal preference thing. I am so glad this runner can be replaced with the LS2. I had such a hard time making quick turns...even stopping felt weird. I have become so used to the LS2, that it felt too foreign to stick with. I am the type of person that will try new things. In this case however, it is not worth it for me. Luckily I have a spare set of LS2 runners in the house, so these bad boys are getting some new steel.

I will report back Wednesday/Thursday when I skate on the One95 with the LS2 steel.

Hey what size of Vapor XXXX do you have and what size in the One95 are you using ?

FYI.. im from the uk and the one95 wont be out over here for atleast 6 months. also when it does come out over here it will cost $1400.. yeah not a typo i really meant $1400. so yesh i think i will order them online thank you. and i have done so already, paid $500 incl shipment within the US.

FYI.. im from the uk and the one95 wont be out over here for atleast 6 months. also when it does come out over here it will cost $1400.. yeah not a typo i really meant $1400. so yesh i think i will order them online thank you. and i have done so already, paid $500 incl shipment within the US.

Where did you order them from? I thought most places don't ship nikebauer outside of the US these days?

Thanks for that update, very much appreciated! I'd also like to know what sizes your Vapor XXXX and One95's are, are they the same?

i Paid $500 which = £252 very cheap. when they come out over here they will be £700

my friend lives in indiana. so they will get shiped there and he will forward on to me

Thanks for that update, very much appreciated! I'd also like to know what sizes your Vapor XXXX and One95's are, are they the same?

For me:

XXXX = 9D

One95 = 9D

I would still highly recommend you try them on though.

I can't unfortunately, the One95's won't even appear in the UK for many, many months :(

Long story, but I had to import my Vapor XXXX's from the U.S., and having no way to try a Nike Bauer skate, I bought the same size as the 692 Tacks I was wearing at the time. Unfortunately they worked out a half size too big, so I imported ANOTHER pair at the correct size and managed to sell the pair that were too big! This time round however, it's promising that the same size worked out perfect for you in both XXXX and ONE95. I should hopefully get the ONE95's over from the U.S. in about a week from now (excited to say the least ;))

Picked up a pair of one95's this morning. Got on the ice and skated hard for a half hour after work.

I was always a Bauer guy. When my 5000's completely fell apart I tried Vector 10's and Graf G5's, but neither felt comfortable like the old Supreme line. The one95's felt alright when I tried them on: after baking it's like a whole new skate that was made for your foot only.

I can use three letters to sum up my experience...W O W. The skates felt unbelievable. It's like wearing a comfortable sock with blades protruding from the bottom of your feet; light, responsive and barely noticeable. Acceleration was effortless, turns were tight (see below, absolutely no pain whatsoever.

I didn't feel a difference with the LS2.1 runner. I think this is because the holder on the 7.5D one95's is 263mm. So if I'm inferring correctly, the LS2.1 runners are 269mm in length? I had LS2's on my 7.5D G5's, that holder was 272mm...so the LS2.1's on the one95's are actually shorter (in this case).

The way I look at it, the US Government just bought me a pair of skates with the $600 tax rebates they are handing out this year.

anybody use superfeet/orthotics in them during molding process or when skating around with it or the regular insole

anybody use superfeet/orthotics in them during molding process or when skating around with it or the regular insole

Used the ShockDoctor insole...during skate but not at baking.

Picked my pair up today.. they feel great! I didn't get a chance to skate on them tonight, but I'll let you know how they feel when I get out on them.

Used the ShockDoctor insole...during skate but not at baking.

Is it "bad" to use something other than the stock insole during baking??