Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

btw TBL, could you share that ONE90 wallpaper?

Here's full size: Link

Here's iPhone size:

iphoneone90.jpg

Did some more mods today...

Some icon mods(others not shown):

photozn.jpg

Entering Firefox:

firefoxjf.jpgfirefox2t.jpg

Thanks alot man! Another great cydia, i dunno if you heard or tried, its called Overboard. Its basically expose for iphone, very useful if you a number of springboard pages.

I don't see them making a CDMA phone for VZ - VZ had first crack at iPhone but did not want to give Apple the control they wanted - probably won't change now, especially with VZ having their own app store.

Not only that, but VZ has gone hard after Apple with the Droid commercials.

Speaking of the Droid, I think most people are waiting till Google gets their hands on it and makes their own.

TBL, what's your reasoning for using Firefox? I've always read that Safari is a faster browser.

Regarding the icon changes, is there a particular program on Cydia that allows you to do this after the phone's been JBed? I like the changes you've made to some of them, but I'm not sure how one would go about doing that.

TBL, what's your reasoning for using Firefox? I've always read that Safari is a faster browser.

Regarding the icon changes, is there a particular program on Cydia that allows you to do this after the phone's been JBed? I like the changes you've made to some of them, but I'm not sure how one would go about doing that.

For the phone it's just aesthetics, it's really just a shell running over the top of Safari. I do prefer Firefox to Safari. In fact, I'd put Firefox and Chrome above IE and Safari.

The icons, for the most part are part of the "Illumine" theme, there's about 15 I have modded via photoshop or bumping up additional Illumine icons(Some apps have 5+ icons included in the theme). The problem with actually editing the icons manually involves SSH to change system files, it's easy but it can be risky if you aren't careful... This is just about the only way to brick your phone, a screw up in SSH can completely disable the phone... but it's basically just editing simple system files so if you take your time, it's no big deal. SSH is how to change the SMS and other tones on the phone, so it is a great idea to do if you really want to make your phone ideal for you.

Pretty much right now, everything that I'm adjusting is for aesthetics as the functionality of the phone is perfect. The best thing I did was import the Blackberry messaging tone, it's very loud and short without being annoying. I need to find a few more alerts like it but distinguishable from it.

haha, not really a nerd, just anal with an attention to detail.

It once took me two weeks to design a business card for myself because I wanted it to be perfect.

heard apple is coming out with the Iphone mini... I've actually gotten a bootleg phone last week as my work phone went to shit... alot of decent features on the bootleg phone (cant get the mp3 to work, but the tv function is great!)

heard apple is coming out with the Iphone mini... I've actually gotten a bootleg phone last week as my work phone went to shit... alot of decent features on the bootleg phone (cant get the mp3 to work, but the tv function is great!)

Nah, they aren't and never will.

that was a big rumour last year before 3GS came out. latest news is Toshibas mass producing 64GB and 128GB chips so naturally the idea is either a 3GS 64GB iPhone for next year or a 4G 64GB iPhone next year and 128GB iPod Touch.

The biggest kick for me might be the rumoured i5 MacBook Pro to come out since I just dropped a whack load of cash on one for school <_<

With the way they are updating the line it would make sense to release a 4th gen 64gb iPhone, and keep the one of the 3gs models as the $99 entry model. That being said, I have the 32 gb and only use about 10 gb's on it. Could use more but can't see myself filling it anytime soon.

I think this might be the year they start to have two lines of iPhones, the (soon to be) entry level 3GS (16gb for $99, 32gb for $199) and a new premium 4th gen iPhone (32gb for $199, 64gb for $299).

Just a prediction.

iPhone mini will soon join the mythic "xMac" and "iTablet" as the product rumored to come out very soon™ every convention Apple attends. For those still dreaming, wake up, it isn't coming.

I just downloaded this app, pretty badass. I guess it just got launched. It's a speech-to-text app that works well, it gives you three options; clipboard, email or text... and it's free.

Dragon Dictation

TBL, that app is excellent -- thanks for alerting us.

Another "Dragon" app available. Dragon Search and it's incredible. Speak what you're searching and the name loads, then you can swipe left or right to select; Wiki, Google, YouTube, iTunes or Twitter.

BTW, if any of you use the Illumine theme I have more than a few icons I've done that I can post. Including CBC Hockey, MSH and IWMB.

I just downloaded this app, pretty badass. I guess it just got launched. It's a speech-to-text app that works well, it gives you three options; clipboard, email or text... and it's free.

Dragon Dictation

Another "Dragon" app available. Dragon Search and it's incredible. Speak what you're searching and the name loads, then you can swipe left or right to select; Wiki, Google, YouTube, iTunes or Twitter.

BTW, if any of you use the Illumine theme I have more than a few icons I've done that I can post. Including CBC Hockey, MSH and IWMB.

I'm pissed! After reading this thread the other day I tried to find the Dragon Dictation app on the App Store and couldn't find it. I tried searching through iTunes and found it only to discover I can't download it. It seems this app is only available on North American iTunes account, and since I bought my iPhone in Australia before returning to Canada, I cannot download. I tried switching my iTunes account to a Canadian region, but since I'm carrying a $0.22 balance I cannot. Does anyone have a possible solution or workaround for me?

I got the ESPN scorecentre app which is pretty good. However, I still want to find a way to listen to nhl radio since it can't be done in the browser because of flash limitations. Anyone have any suggestions?

XM/Sirius?

Sorry, being from Australia I'm not really familiar with the whole xm/sirius thing. From what I've read on the internet it seems that its a pretty crippled version of the radio version. Long story short, are all nhl games available to stream through this app if the subscription is paid for? What is the actual functionality of the app?

Dragon Dictation

What is this that u speak?