Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

K, where is this update? It's not on itunes, it's not on apple.com...where do I get it?

Patience. They said it would be out today. Not first thing in the morning.

Apparently it will be released at 6pm uk time which i think is 10am us time? It also says on O2 (iphones carrier over here) that it will be released later this evening. So hopefully it is at the rumored time of 6pm

Yah, I heard around 1PM in New York, so should be soon. It is frustrating though to think it would be there when you wake up. I just can't wait for my 3GS, anyone else getting one?

It's Out..Downloading now...230MB

2 minutes remaining.........need...faster...internet...

almost finished installing.

for some reason, i'm super excited.

In the Info tab of your iTunes...there's the option to sync notes with Outlook

I'm using a mac and don't use Outlook.

I have the box checked that says "sync notes". I just want to know where they go on my mac, I can't seem to find them.

I just can't wait for my 3GS, anyone else getting one?

Yes, I'll be getting one next week and passing my 3G to the Big D, especially since she said her work might pick up the data portion of her plan if she's able to receive work emails. I have to call T-Mobile to confirm, but I think I have wait until the 23rd, so the cost of early termination with them ($400 for two phones) can be rolled into next month's credit card bill. We should be able to make that up over the next year, however, with lower monthly rates on a shared plan.

I have the box checked that says "sync notes". I just want to know where they go on my mac, I can't seem to find them.

Do you use Entourage? It has a Notes bucket.

Well it SHOULD be dammit :P I thought these guys were like NASA or something?

NASA? You mean the people who put the wrong lens in the Hubble and left it that way for 3 years? Or the people who crashed a $330 million project because they forgot to do a unit conversion from metric to imperial?

I just can't wait for my 3GS, anyone else getting one?

Yes, I'll be getting one next week and passing my 3G to the Big D, especially since she said her work might pick up the data portion of her plan if she's able to receive work emails. I have to call T-Mobile to confirm, but I think I have wait until the 23rd, so the cost of early termination with them ($400 for two phones) can be rolled into next month's credit card bill. We should be able to make that up over the next year, however, with lower monthly rates on a shared plan.

Do you use Entourage? It has a Notes bucket.

I use iCal and Gmail...I don't even know what Entourage is...

In Apples mail application there is a selection to make a new note but I can't find any of my old ones...

Hey, does anyone know an easy way to move the icons between pages? I had 1 1/2 pages of icons, but after the upgrade I have the default icons on Page 1, the settings icon on Page 2, then all my personalized apps on Page 3. I'd like combine the settings icon with the remaining icons onto one page, but I'm not sure how to do it easily.

I know I'm supposed to hold onto an icon long enough for it to start wiggling, but when I touch it and try to flick it onto the previous page, not much happens.

I know I'm supposed to hold onto an icon long enough for it to start wiggling, but when I touch it and try to flick it onto the previous page, not much happens.

Don't "Flick" the icon. Just hold the icon down and drag it over.

Can you jailbreak with 3.0?

should be out this friday (19th) from the iphone dev team.

Yah, I heard around 1PM in New York, so should be soon. It is frustrating though to think it would be there when you wake up. I just can't wait for my 3GS, anyone else getting one?

yup. getting a 32 GB black model. i'm so pissed at apple for putting a hold on deliveries. I should of had mine today.

I've got a Gen 1 Touch...is this upgrade even worth while for me?

Meh, I wouldn't. To me it's not worth the $10. But if you know where to get it for free, i'd go for it.

You guys are lucky you get to order them from apple and have them delivered. Up North here I have to not only find a rogers store that will have it, but hope I get my hands on one. Thankfully my girlfriend is the AM in a rogers store, but unfortunately she isn't getting any. She said she'll do her best to find one for me and have them hold it, or even go wait in line for me, but it certainly won't be as care free as opening your mail on Friday.

You guys are lucky you get to order them from apple and have them delivered. Up North here I have to not only find a rogers store that will have it, but hope I get my hands on one. Thankfully my girlfriend is the AM in a rogers store, but unfortunately she isn't getting any. She said she'll do her best to find one for me and have them hold it, or even go wait in line for me, but it certainly won't be as care free as opening your mail on Friday.

goto futureshop...

I called into a store last week and they put my name down a 32GB white. I called in yesterday to confirm and they said they weren't supposed to hold iPhones but they told me to come in 1 hour before they open on Friday so they can set me up. ;)