Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

*Who here in MSH has an iPhone?

*What cases have you used and liked?

*What apps/games are you guys using non-stop?

Im currently using an iSkin Solo as my case. Pretty thin, which was my biggest concern with buying a case, its really protective, and the feel of it is really nice, it has some decent grip to it, but still slick enough to slide in and out of pockets with no resistance.

Apps wise, My most used are Facebook, Twitterific, Lose It!, eBay, Sportacular, CameraBag, Wikipanion, Instapaper, and iStudiez Pro. For games I am all about Scrabble, Fieldrunners, Peggle, Earthworm Jim, and Real Racing GTI.

I have an Incase Slider case and the Power Support crystal film for my 3G and recommend both highly. I've had it for 12 months and I still love it. It's not bulky and offers great protection. Cases:http://goincase.com/iphone/slidercase

Protective film (comes with 2): http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS505LL/...mco=MTA4NjQ5ODA

Here's the one I have, they have numerous colours and styles now in grip and non-grip versions.

gunmetal1.jpg

Pre's better anyways :)

I'd love to get one for a long term review but from the little time I've delt with one I still like the iPhone better. The only thing I wish the iPhone could do is multi task because I can't listen to my Internet radio and play a game or text at the same time.

Thanks!

You can, I use the "Wunder Radio" app and you can select it to "play in background" allowing you to text or game away.

Hmm, I didn't see those before. The pictures on the apple site also don't look nearly as nice as the ones on the tech21 site. Oh well, guess the search continues.

Looks like they updated the case with some cutouts, just fyi. :)

So I was bored and finally broke down and JB-ed my phone. Looks pretty nice if you ask me. Lightning logo over the one90 texture background.

photoga.jpgphoto2y.jpg

Of course added backgrounder and a program to switch/close apps that only takes a couple swipes to get the job done.

I just took off my case and realized there is a crack about a centimeter long on the back. It starts in the corner where the place to plug in the charger is.

Anyone know if this would be covered under the warranty or anything?

I just took off my case and realized there is a crack about a centimeter long on the back. It starts in the corner where the place to plug in the charger is.

If it's still under warranty they should swap it out for you. Make a genius appointment and see what they say.

The CBC HNIC app is pretty good.

Agreed, I have that and The Hockey News. THN's scores are ok but the articles are presented a little better, IMO. I also have SportsTap, Sportacular and Fox Sports... all pretty good. SportsTap is nice because it has push notifications.

If it's still under warranty they should swap it out for you. Make a genius appointment and see what they say.

closest apple store is 1:15 away from me :(

i will be near one tomorrow but i only have 30 min to spend there and i dont know if i will have time

So I was bored and finally broke down and JB-ed my phone. Looks pretty nice if you ask me. Lightning logo over the one90 texture background.

Of course added backgrounder and a program to switch/close apps that only takes a couple swipes to get the job done.

Man if your using backgrounder, you need to get multifl0w, here take a look:

http://www.multifl0w.com/

and if you want it, pm me :)

edit

what a twat i am, you mentioned you already have it or similar haha

oops

Wow, TBL, that's the first time I've felt old in a while. My iPhone looks totally different from yours, including the icons for the same apps, and I have no idea where I'd start!

here is one i found - but no idea what kind of reputation they have..

http://www.mutualmobile.com/?_kk=iphone%20...ca-feceeb1a3d4a

but i dont think getting a program made is the hard part - getting the app approved is from what i've heard

I can find a bunch via google, just interested in seeing if any members or their friends do it.

Man if your using backgrounder, you need to get multifl0w, here take a look:

http://www.multifl0w.com/

and if you want it, pm me :)

Here's a link to a youtube video of the app I use with backgrounder, he has notifications installed but I don't as of now.

I looked at three different apps to do this and mQuickDo was my favorite. Multifl0w looks fantastic(looks like the Pre's setup) but I don't like the use of the home button. mQuickDo uses swipes to do a number of things, there are seven different gestures at the springboard and another seven in apps. Right now I only have the single swipe that accesses the app switcher. Oh and the quick launch icons on the lock screen are fantastic! :)

Wow, TBL, that's the first time I've felt old in a while. My iPhone looks totally different from yours, including the icons for the same apps, and I have no idea where I'd start!

It's actually REALLY easy. All the stuff you see on the screen shots are available from cydia, you just have to figure out how to layer them(kind of like photoshop).

The icons come with illumine, the theme I'm using. I can post the one90 background wallpaper(I took it off of the NBH flash website a few years ago), then you can add any logo you want over the top in photoshop.

The quick launch icons on the lock screen are part of mQuickDo. It was super simple, the most time was spent on deciding what theme I wanted to go with and how I want my icons arranged. :)

There is more than likely a well-known app for this that I just haven't heard of, but is there any nhl live game radio app?

As in, is there an app that links directly to the same audio you can get live from each of the teams websites? Finally went on a new contract and went for the iphone, if I'm able to stream the games via live radio that would be awesome.

I don't think so. MLB and NBA have great apps but the NHL has basically news/score apps from 3rd parties like THN or CBC. :(

I just downloaded this app, pretty badass. I guess it just got launched. It's a speech-to-text app that works well, it gives you three options; clipboard, email or text... and it's free.

Dragon Dictation

I got a completely new phone for just a small crack on the back.

Gotta love apples customer service :)