Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

Stealth S17

Alright, they may sound like a stupid question, but is the Drury curve available for the S17, everywhere I've read only had 4 patterns available, but yesterday in the show it off topic i came across a post from a member that had one? here's the link.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...504&st=4740

*Just scroll down and you'll find it.

yeah thats me...

i got it from the toy drive and just asked HKYGURU if it was possible for Drury 85 Flex Grip...

and that what showed up...not available until the spring retail though....

I thought my brother told me they may give away pro-stocks, so I'm wondering if anyone's getting or has gotten one of those. He ended up with an 85 Drury Grip but the grip doesn't even register on his so he's candy caned it.

Someone on the Easton boards got a purple stick with no name plate, so I would assume is was a pro stock for the Kings or a purple AHL team.

Someone on the Easton boards got a purple stick with no name plate, so I would assume is was a pro stock for the Kings or a purple AHL team.

Manchester? And has anyone noticed any odd torquing (sp?) in the oval taper?

I thought my brother told me they may give away pro-stocks, so I'm wondering if anyone's getting or has gotten one of those. He ended up with an 85 Drury Grip but the grip doesn't even register on his so he's candy caned it.

this guy who has the purple stick probably won the s17 contest they had from november until december 30 or what ever. you got to pic color,curve and grip or no grip of your s17 and enter the draw and purple was a color, there was green, orange lots of wierd colors.

I remember reading on that and not worried about some goofy purple stick. I just thought that there'd be pro returns shipped out to people who participated, presumably ones looking for Drury or Drury-ish curves. Had I known that before the drive, I may have weaseled a new account and saved money on an Arnott.

Got my S17 today --- Iginla 100 flex. Its purple and black --- awesome!! I'm in Chicago

From the Easton toy drive topic.

I'm going nuts waiting. Worse than Christmas as a kid, and it's not like I've got a tracking number to check up on, it could arrive at any moment. I've had UPS wake me up at 9 am and interrupt dinner at 6:45, so anywhere in the range.

i have used it now for 3 games, not too much, but i noticed something odd today, during warm ups a buddy of mine wanted to test it out, so i took his stealth and he took my s17, the stealth felt a lot more like a "stick" i.e. the torque and bend was in the shat area (higher) compared to when i was using the s17 the torque and bend is more in the lower end of the s17, where the ellipse is.

i was using an O'sullivan S17 and the stealth was a pahlsson, the pahlsson is defintely stiffer but i would say the O'sullivan is 80-85 where the pahlsson is 95, but would that difference in flex make the stick feel that different?

So you're saying that the S17 is torquing in the elliptical section? Isn't that the opposite of what the ellipse is supposed to do... prevent the stick from torqueing? Before my S17 broke I was very impressed with the way this stick shot and I would partially attribute it to the TORX technology. I just got my warranty return today. I'm sick so I probably won't use it for a few days. I'll let you folks know how this one holds up. Hopefully longer than the two games my first one lasted. It's strange, but this one feels a little bit more blade heavy than the first and I swear the blade is a little thicker. I wonder if it has something to do with breakage on the first run.

One thing that I can't believe I'm complaining about is the Easton end cap. Anyone else(that holds the stick pinkie off) find it annoying or uncomfortable when puckhandling or shooting. One coaching session and I took it out and retaped it with a spare flat cap I had lying around.

It can't be worse than the Warrior ones on the pro stocks, can it? I put wood extensions on my shafts and sticks anyway but those Warrior plugs seemed a bit cumbersome as far as plugs go.

It can't be worse than the Warrior ones on the pro stocks, can it? I put wood extensions on my shafts and sticks anyway but those Warrior plugs seemed a bit cumbersome as far as plugs go.

Yes, I can live with the warrior ones because they are flat. I don't really feel them. The cap from the S17 bulges out and has a easton logo that sticks out from that. Very uncomfortable.

I don't have any on hand to take pics but mine weren't flat. They had a convex top and a logo you could feel. Cool-looking but annoying if I had to try and play with.

TBL: I had an S17 in my hand and am also a person who puts their pinky on the end. (I still put my pinkie on the end even though I had it on the end and it got smashed into the boards by my stick and broke and dislocated haha) And couldn't stand that bulge. It was terrible.

That's odd, who would have thought that the caps would be different. Both my warriors and my buddy's warriors had the same cap. It's flat with grooves. Bothers me without gloves but with gloves I can't feel anything different than a regular plug/cap.

Makes me trust Warrior (or HM's) and their consistency that much less. Not that I mind, but the AK grips I got had wood an the regular ones had the cap. My brother also had one PF Dolo with a plug and one with the cap as well.

For those that have used the CNT stealth and the S17 would you say that the S17 was as durable as the CNT because my CNT has held up a lot better than i thought it would?