Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

Stealth S17

Damn, I didn't realise people still hadn't received theirs yet. If it's any consolation I hope you guys get a batch with decent durability, especially in the blade.

No Canucks yet.

There isn't a stick out there that I think looks as good as the S17. I do need a lot of broken sticks for a furniture project and it would be great to have an S17 to include in the mix, but having one to use that's untouched is also very nice.

Technically the S17 is my backup though. My two Warriors are on their way to a new home pending payment and somehow I only have 4 sticks.

If you really want it, I'll put a listing in the TRADE section. You can read the terms after it's there.

I used my 85 flex Iginla in a game last night and I loved it. It didn't crack for me. I took my usual slappers in warmups and had about 10 slappers in the game and it looked like it held up just fine.

As for performance... I thought it shot great. Low and hard shots. It felt as good as any stick I have tried (Dolomite 2-piece, XN10 shaft, R2 XN10 shaft). This is the stiffest flex I have used, but as others have noted this isn't a real stiff shaft.

I hope it holds up because I never hit the puck so consistently as last night.

Damn, I didn't realise people still hadn't received theirs yet. If it's any consolation I hope you guys get a batch with decent durability, especially in the blade.

We're still waiting to see the first one arrive north of the border. I'm starting to see the S17 show up at the LHS's here in Vancouver though, so maybe that means it isn't far off. I'm also curious when the S9 helmet is going to pass CSA inspection. I would assume pretty quickly since it's supposed to be available to the general public in April or May I believe.

Supposely they are being sent starting tomorrow to Canada from the US. That's what some dude said on the easton board.

My time with the S17 is done until they improve the blades. I got a deal on a new stick and I gave the almost cracked one to my assistant coach that doesn't take many slap shots.

agreed ive cracked 3 in the blade

I'll wait to see if they changed anything with the next batch to determine if I'll get a third one. It's not that I'm not satisfied with the stick, because it has done very well for me considering the abuse I put it through, but I can't drop all the money on another one at this point, especially when one95 season is coming around.

I have had my S17 since december and it is still in great shape. I am on the ice an average of 4 times a week and 2 of those are stick n pucks where I shoot a lot of slappers. Performance and durability have been great.

do you think the problems people are having with the toy drive sticks are because they are retail? i got 2 rolstons and they have been great for me no issues what so ever

I must have really lucked out. I've had both mine for quite some time, no cracks, no breaks, yeah the paints chipped, but that's to be expected. Skating 4 times a week, game on weekends. Guess I got the only good batch from totalhockey.net

Got mine yesterday - will be trying it out today. Weights are 432g and 435g for the gram counters out there. (sr 85)

I've been using my toy drive, 100 flex, LG iggy curve for a few months and love it. Some paint chipping, but other than that, it's great.

I plan to get 2 more in the next toy drive if they have it. If it breaks before then, I still have 3 CNT's to use.

im sure that when it comes out in switzerland, next year, its gonna cost a small fortune.. high end sticks cost a minimum of 350.-, the O-stick set a new high costing 380.-, i can see this breaking the 400 barrier since easton is a generally over priced brand in switzerland.

Just figured I'd post another update... still no toy drive stick. May 1st. Wow.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out, considering I've been strictly Mission for a month + now. My local shops don't even have them in... I've seen one in person at a PIAS. I was like "Oh wow! I REAL LIFE STEALTH!"

I've been using my toy drive, 100 flex, LG iggy curve for a few months and love it. Some paint chipping, but other than that, it's great.

I plan to get 2 more in the next toy drive if they have it. If it breaks before then, I still have 3 CNT's to use.

God I wish I had 3 CNTs...I loved those sticks. I have one on its way from a trade with a member on here, and I can't wait at all. You are lucky <_<

You can still get the old stealths on the internet I see them around still. I guess Im going to have to buy my S17 off ebay because I can't wait another month for my LHS to get them in.

God I wish I had 3 CNTs...I loved those sticks. I have one on its way from a trade with a member on here, and I can't wait at all. You are lucky <_<

oh i know what you mean, great sticks but all i see now on the internet and everywhere is like 100 flex with a heatley or drury curve it sucks

Your shoulders hurt when you shoot a 100? I don't have shoulder pains, but, lately, when I use my 100 flex Synergy stick, right wrist around the wrist and general thumb area hurts like a MF. I shoot lefty that is. About the same time, on the same hand, after a more physicall game, when I try to open my hand, littlest finger stays half way closed. No pain though. Looks freaky, I can straighten out all finger with little being completely closed. Did you have any symptoms like that JR?

Yes. 100 is too stiff for me. My shoulders are gone and it hurts to shoot with a 100 flex.