Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

username

Stealth S17

I have to imagine that they had made batches for retail and batches for the stick drive. I found it odd with the sticker too. I just took it off... Was curious to see how deep they put the other serial number.

No, you aren't a proponent (allegedly), but, you certainly put it out there. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough my toy drive stick has both serial # stickers, so I could forge a receipt pretty easily once the sticks hit full retail.

If he was actually considering it I doubt he would have posted his intent SRI, that's way I took it.

People that have tried both the s17 and the SE which stick is better in your opinion.

I could let you know if my S17 ever gets here... I've been using SE's for almost a year now... I'm retiring from the Eastons and moving onto bigger and better (and hopefully just as durable) things... Mission sticks.

I've had to of each, s17 and se

s17 - shooting with the s17 was great and had amazing pop. stick handling was good but the feel wasnt really there for me and the grip on the stick was a bit to grippy. Durability= absolutely horrible. Both broke on the first use

se- shooting is pretty good after the first couple weeks and then the blades start to go soft. stickinghandling is great and the feel is deffinatly there. THe blade isnt as stiff as the s17 which i personally liked. I didnt go with grip on the se so cant really comment there. durability is kind of ehh. Its not that great but its also not that bad. Both have cracked on the shaft.

overall the se is a much better stick. I had two s17's and they both broke on there first use. my first se had about 2 weeks and then it cracked. Right now i still have one se and that is actually craked in two places. It's the only thing i have so i cant just trash it. All of the breaks have been on the shaft. 3 out of 4 were down near the blade. I cant really think of the name of that section... but if I had to pick between the two of them i would go with the se. I highly recommened to stay away from the s17. once i earn some cash i plan on going back to one90's. Hope that helped

I've had to of each, s17 and se

s17 - shooting with the s17 was great and had amazing pop. stick handling was good but the feel wasnt really there for me and the grip on the stick was a bit to grippy. Durability= absolutely horrible. Both broke on the first use

se- shooting is pretty good after the first couple weeks and then the blades start to go soft. stickinghandling is great and the feel is deffinatly there. THe blade isnt as stiff as the s17 which i personally liked. I didnt go with grip on the se so cant really comment there. durability is kind of ehh. Its not that great but its also not that bad. Both have cracked on the shaft.

overall the se is a much better stick. I had two s17's and they both broke on there first use. my first se had about 2 weeks and then it cracked. Right now i still have one se and that is actually craked in two places. It's the only thing i have so i cant just trash it. All of the breaks have been on the shaft. 3 out of 4 were down near the blade. I cant really think of the name of that section... but if I had to pick between the two of them i would go with the se. I highly recommened to stay away from the s17. once i earn some cash i plan on going back to one90's. Hope that helped

Thank you im using ONE90s right now so i might stick with them or try a XXXX

i have a slightly off-topic and newbish question...are short hosel and tapered hosel the same thing?

No. Tapered is smaller, it fits into a shaft that has a tapered section to lower the kickpoint. Short hosel is a feature of tapered blades, but has also started to migrate over to standards. An example would be the Easton ST blade- standard and short hosel/tenon.

No, you aren't a proponent (allegedly), but, you certainly put it out there. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough my toy drive stick has both serial # stickers, so I could forge a receipt pretty easily once the sticks hit full retail.

If he was actually considering it I doubt he would have posted his intent SRI, that's way I took it.

"Or maybe you write a book about a musician getting killed with an icepick so noone suspects you......"

Ive had two SE's and two s17's as well.

I think that the s17 is denfinatly better performance wise, just like the CNT was better than the SL. I really like both of the sticks and think for performance easton is the way to go but the durability of the s17 is questionable. I broke my first s17 after about a month but at that time it had gotten really whippy, the stiffer oval part of the shaft seemed to put more stress on the upper area and caused it to be weaker earlier.

If you want to get over a month of solid performance out of your stick go for the SE you won't have to sacrafice that much performance. If you are willing and able to pay the price to buy sticks more often and want the best stick on the market go for the s17.

Thank you im using ONE90s right now so i might stick with them or try a XXXX

good choice, ive had a couple xxxlites and they were great sticks to. NBH is deffinatly the way to go in my opinion. But trying new stick and gear is always fun

Haha While this is about a different type of sticker, I've noticed the graphics suck on the S17s too. I don't get why they can't put a decent clear coat on sticks. It's not just Easton either, everyone's graphics suck.

This is true; but they already put a clear coat on most sticks so why can't they put that over the stickers? Perhaps some already do and others don't. It's really not something I've lost sleep over.

The Atreyu stick has its own thread now.

Had some more stick time with the S17 on Sunday. I could tell it was 100flex when I was trying to get one timers higher than shin height. I was also getting slight pains in my hands that was absent when using whip flexes. I hope to use my SE 85 Drury tonight to see if it's the pattern or the flex that's causing my lack of control, though I'm sure the 100 flex is way too stiff. Anyone trade an 85 Drury S17 :P?

Snap shot is phenomenal with the stick so far, but this is my first time with a true Drury, I doubt it's anything special from the stick.

I love the weight and balance of the stick, and the shaft shape and feel are really nice. The puck feel I think is lacking. I find myself losing the puck often when I lift my head. It doesn't feel dead, just non-communicative.

Catching passes isn't a problem, though I've never had issues with carbon sticks with receiving passes unless I brick-hand the stick.

all they had were forsbergs...never used one before but ill get used to it for this price.

the owner told me if i break it i need to come back in to get a fake receipt cause easton would get mad for him selling it this cheap haha

all they had were forsbergs...never used one before but ill get used to it for this price.

the owner told me if i break it i need to come back in to get a fake receipt cause easton would get mad for him selling it this cheap haha

what pro shop?