Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBJ

Vapor XXX line

Just wondering what you've heard about the XXX line for next season? have you seen the skates out yet? (to my knowledge there is only one guy outside of the bauer company who is testing them) Rumor has it he took them into a shop in windsor to get sharpened and has created a bit of a stir. And as long as we're on the 30 line, has anyone seen the vapor xxx stick out? I've been told they are going to be an early ship next season, like the vapor xx sticks were this past year...

discuss/drop some knowledge ;)

I haven't heard anything.

I figure the XXs are two years old...time for a new revision.

I can see the point of new skates because, like you said, they're two seasons old. A new stick though? They just came out with the XX last year.

they cut the gold because even though it was a good stick, the tri-flex brand didn't sell very well. On the other hand, bauer knew that something labeled "vapor" would have a much greater marketing appeal.

They probably want a stick to compete with the new extreme lightweight models.

The stick is supposed to compete with the Stealth and the tradition of ever lighter sticks. The Vapor xxx skates are most likely headed in the same direction as the Synergy skates. I haven't seen either in person yet, however my Easton rep has a pair of the Synergy skates that he is bring by my shop on Tuesday. I'll bring my digital camera in and take a few shots if i'm given the ok.

I wonder if they'll keep the "wavebridge" blade. It's been around for 2 years now. I'd say its about time for a something new, not that there is anything wrong with the blade now.

XXX? C'mon boys, let's keep it PG on here. Buzz tried on the Synergy skates the other day, he didn't get to skate in them but he thought they were like "butta".

If I go to Montreal this summer I might hit the Pierrefond 4 Ice Center, alot of guys play there during the summer time so I might get a sneak.

Nah...I'm now allowed to comment...

The XXX is real.  You'll see it at the WC.

as an addition to the line, not a replcement for the XX stick, correct?

I wonder if they'll keep the "wavebridge" blade. It's been around for 2 years now. I'd say its about time for a something new, not that there is anything wrong with the blade now.

Doesn't the XV blade have Holdfast technology instead of Wavebridge?

i know the xx stick has wavebridge. i'm not around my bauer catalog right now, so i'm not sure about the xv blade. i think it's the same though.

Take a camera with you, if you go. We wanna see pictures :D

Don't have a digital camera, so If you see pictures it would be from a cheep 5$ disposable camera.

i know the xx stick has wavebridge.  i'm not around my bauer catalog right now, so i'm not sure about the xv blade.  i think it's the same though.

Yea, the XX has it. But on the Bauer website, for the XV, it says Holdfast, and it has Holdfast printed on the blade.

I was under the impression it was a new blade on the XX and that whole line to overtake the wavebridge because of its association with the TFG. I may be misinformed, but it does make sense because they did put out a standard graphite blade and I believe they took the wavebridge blade off the market.

The Vapor X blade has WaveBridge, I'm almost positive. And I think you're right about teh XX having a different blade. It must be Holdfast like the XV blade, although I'm not sure what Holdfast is.