Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBJ

Vapor XXX line

Nah...I'm now allowed to comment...

The XXX is real.  You'll see it at the WC.

as an addition to the line, not a replcement for the XX stick, correct?

correct

I was talking about the skates...

THe XX stick is Wave-Bridge...you can clearly see it on the backhand.

OK, but was I right about the XV blade being Holdfast?

Do you know what exactly Holdfast is? I would assume something similar to Si-Core, but I don't really know.

If I go to Montreal this summer I might hit the Pierrefond 4 Ice Center, alot of guys play there during the summer time so I might get a sneak.

oh damn i live about 5 minute from 4 ice i play summer hockey there....by the ways they was the canadien hockey camp there (9 to 18 juillet*have a blank of memory about the month in english:S*)

I saw a guys with strange skate...i think they were easton i tried to check what it was but never been able anywayz

lasy year they were a training hockey camp for Quebecois player(like 20 player every team in NHL) was fun to saw them practicing

My expectations for the new skates will be durability, dont need to be much lighter, but the durability on the XXs isn't good.

If I go to Montreal this summer I might hit the Pierrefond 4 Ice Center, alot of guys play there during the summer time so I might get a sneak.

oh damn i live about 5 minute from 4 ice i play summer hockey there....by the ways they was the canadien hockey camp there (9 to 18 juillet*have a blank of memory about the month in english:S*)

I saw a guys with strange skate...i think they were easton i tried to check what it was but never been able anywayz

lasy year they were a training hockey camp for Quebecois player(like 20 player every team in NHL) was fun to saw them practicing

It's July, and it was the Habs' rookie/prospect camp.

Yeah there was the Canadiens Rookie camp but there are also alot of player that still play during the summer time to keep in shape.

Great, I can look forward to the goons at the store here going "How does that fit? Is it a nice fit? Is it tight? Yeah, you like it like that don't you? I'm going to bake these, I'm going to bake them goooood."

Great, I can look forward to the goons at the store here going "How does that fit? Is it a nice fit? Is it tight? Yeah, you like it like that don't you? I'm going to bake these, I'm going to bake them goooood."

:lol:

Great, I can look forward to the goons at the store here going "How does that fit?  Is it a nice fit?  Is it tight?  Yeah, you like it like that don't you?  I'm going to bake these, I'm going to bake them goooood."

It's just not a good fit when you have too much extra room in there you know.

Would used skates be called "sloppy seconds"?

I believe in letting captain Kirk do where no man has gone before. Damn, this is going downhill.

Sorry Graz, no pic's at this time, we have addressed the esthetic durability issues & reduced the weight.

Sounds like a nice plan...looking forward to seeing them at the Worlds

Please...put the 8000/8090 liner in the Vapor XXX, much more durable and comfortable than the XX liner

ok, i was in Duluth, Minnesota for a tournament this past week, I talked to some guy at their store and he said the XXX skate is due out in December, AND you will recieve a free pair of XX gloves :)

he had also said that the only difference would be looks and it will be 8 ounces lighter...

dont know if this is correct, but who knows.

8 ounces is 226 grams, give or take. That would put the XXX at 620g, or 140 less than the Synergy. I don't know if I could believe that.

For that to be the case, more than just the looks would need to change.