Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thejackal

Follow-through

A lot of people (Chadd among others) have said that a lower follow-through helps to keep the puck low on shots. It might sound kinda stupid, but how can I actually do that? I've tried and it just doesnt work. Even with a half-windup, 4 one-timers out of five from outside the faceoff circles I do go half a foot over the net.

I've been told to point your stick where you want the puck to go...and it seems to work for me. What that means for a one-time slapper is that your follow through is very very very truncated (since the swing of the arms will lift the stick automatically).

After the shot, the shaft of the stick should point where you want the shot to go. To get a consistent shot, you need to end up in the same place every time. Also, try putting the starting position of the puck a little before or behind where you are starting from now, and you will see that it affects the height of the shot.

If you drop the shoulder of your bottom hand too low every shot will sail. This happens most often when you bend too much at the waist.

start out shooting low, and gradually try to move your shot up a couple inches everytime you shoot.

usually works best if you have the ice to yourself for a little while.

Once you get just below the crossbar, just have your muscles/arms learn the motions through repetition.

Rolling your wrists over is the best way. This keeps the blade from opening up and sending your shots too high. Also, as stated, the toe of your stick should end up pointing where you want the puck to go. The height of your shot has nothing to do with the windup and everything to do with the follow through.

One other thing to check, make sure you aren't shooting with the puck too far in front of you, this will also cause you to shoot high.

I guess using a highly illegal curve can also have something to do with it. At least in games under pressure i tend to partially fan on shots, thus guarenteeing that it will be on net most of the time :D

i find with doing one times, doing the one knee down, like brett hull, helps keep my shot low

i find with doing one times, doing the one knee down, like brett hull, helps keep my shot low

That what I was doing, and the contrary happened, I had to go sliding down on 2 knees to make it go low :lol:

oh hahaha. well when i wanna shoot low, once i hit the puck i just stop following through with my stick, and the puck stays pretty near on the ice or maybe an inch or two off