Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBJ

Synergy Skates

My apoligize for earlier this afternoon when i attempted to post this topic. I realize a similar topic is floating around. However, i figured i should start a new one because this thread actually has a lot of information and pictures :o

With that being said, the following information is from the Synergy packet i recieved. I have essential just retyped everything in it so that the rest of my fellow equipment junkies could be in the loop as well. I also added some of my own worthless comments denoted with a *.

Hopefully this will come out alright. As I rewrote it on microsoft word and i'm just copy and pasting it on to the boards.

The pictures will be on this thread and the packet will be on the following.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stoneinen...com/stoneinen12

One Piece Composite Technology:

1) Advantage: WEIGHT

- Eliminates all the separate components that make up a traditional skate:

Traditional Skate

• Outsole, Toe Cap, Heel Counter, Mid Sole, Tendon Insert, Ankle Guard, Layers of reinforcement.

• Multiple Layers compound weight and absorb moisture.

• Weight is heavily concentrated at the heel and skate bottom – Not balanced

2) Advantage: PERFORMANCE

- Composite shell with ENGERGY RETURN FLEX POINTS:

- Named “COIL Technology†(Engineered to store and release energy)

Traditional Skate

• Glue/sewn components – cannot transfer energy as efficiently.

3) Advantage: COMFORT

- Shell weight advantages allow use of higher-grade Comfort features to provide the ultimate in comfort and performance.

- Upgraded ankle foams, liner, & footbeds etc.

Traditional Skate

• Sacrifice comfort features in order to reduce overall weight of skates.

• Ankle foams are thinner, less support materials used due to reduce weight.

4) Advantage: PROTECTION

- Super tough composite material construction protects foot.

Traditional Skates

• Nylon/Reinforcement material limits protective capability.

• Foot absorbs majority of puck impact – not the skate.

5) Advantage: DURABILITY

- One-Piece composite construction eliminates skate components that break down in skates prematurely.

- One-Piece composite ensures consistent support and will not soften over time.

Traditional Skate

• Glue/sewn construction breaks down ( support softens ) quickly with regular use sacrificing performance and energy transfer.

• Traditional materials absorb moisture. Result: decreased support , increased weight and decreased skate life.

WEIGHT

- At 760 grams (size 8) the SYNERGY skate is the worlds lightest skate.

- One-Piece composite shell distributes the weight across the entire skate to make the skate incredibly balanced like no other skate.

- SYNERGY’s weight is completely balanced which makes the skate feel even lighter when worn unlike a traditional skate where weight is mostly concentrated at the heel and base of skate (midsole, outsole, glue, and tacking nails).

*As a side not they list the weight of their skate versus the competition. The weights are as follows according to this info packet.*

1) Synergy – 760 grams

2) Supreme 8090 – 830 grams

3) Vector Pro – 840 *not sure if they based that on a size 8 or a 7 ½ like they should*

4) Vapor XX – 845 grams

5) Graf G3 – 905 Grams

6) Mission S500 – 905 grams

7) Graf 705 – 915

8) Graf G5 – 920

PERFORMANCE

COIL Technology:

How does COIL Technology work & improve performance?

- One-piece composite shell was engineered with flex points in crucial areas where foot flexes to generate energy to stride (push off).

- The super responsive carbon and Aramid composite shell material transfers this energy to skate for maximum forward flexion (forward stride power) and returns this energy to spring skate back during leg extension at the end of each stride.

- The One-Piece shell flex points work (direct energy) together providing the skater with unparalleled energy return = More Speed with same stride.

- Traditional skates do not have a one-piece construction with engineered energy flex points and cannot work together to maximize energy transfer. Most energy is lost through the separate component construction. One-Piece: no components to lose energy.

- Imagine being able to load (flex) a skate like a high performance Synergy stick and then using that stored energy for a more explosive stride (harder shot with stick).

- More power = More Speed.

COMFORT

Upgraded comfort features are used due to One-Piece composite shell weight advantages.

- Ergonomic “Air†foamed latex ankle padding system comfortable secures heel.

- SHOCK DOCTOR 2-ZONE SCHOCKDOME TECHNOLOGY AIR/FX MOISTURE AND FRICTION. *a bunch of trademark stuff in that sentence lol*

- Anatomical Ideal Fit tongue with felt/foam combination for immediate fit and lace bite protection.

- Pearlized BIO DRI Clario lining combines instant comfort and moisture wicking feature.

- One-Piece construction is seam-less; eliminating the seam lines where traditional toecap attaches to boot maximizing Synergy skate forefoot and to comfort. Pressure points and blister zones usually occur around seam lines in traditional skates.

PROTECTION

- Super tough composite construction provides unmatched protection against puck impact when tested at speeds in excess of 90 MPH.

- One-Piece composite material absorbs and defects impacts instead of the foot.

- Traditional skate – actual foot absorbs the majority of the impact – not material.

DRY FLOW – MOISTURE DRAINAGE SYSTEM

Easton’s Dry flow Drains the moisture and excess heat created during play by 15% or more, so they stay lighter and dryer game after game.

*the rest of the info is about the Runners and razor bladz II holder which isn’t really what everyone wanted to know about…so I am going to leave that out.*

*Also these skates are NOT heat moldable. Which pretty much goes without saying.*

* - indicates I’m straying away from the Easton packet and throwing in my own worthless thoughts or comments.

Thanks for those pics, CBJ. Obviously there is no way to know how a full composite skate will perform, but on an aesthetic level I think it's very nice, which is something I haven't said about Easton skates in years.

They actually don't look bad at all. At least in my opinion. They have a lot less silver than the Vapor XX's and Vector Pros as a whole. As far as how they actually feel, i can't comment. The size my rep brought in was an 8 and I wear an 11 in Easton skates.....However, a little guy i know named brandonov22 can comment on the fit/feel of hte skate. That little B@$*!@& has small feet and was wearing them for half the day!!!!! Brandon i hate you lol ;)

they are awesome as far as fit. the inside of the toebox is lined with some soft material. since i skate barefoot, this is a nice feature. they dont flex like a normal skate, they seem to have a "jump" to them when you flex them. all in all, i loved them. if you have any other questions about feel/fit, let me know.

they aren't "really wide." The footbed is ShockDoctor, if you couldn't tell by the pics. But they do feel great, no pinching on the sides of your feet. Plus, since there is no real "outsole" you'll be able to feel the ice really well. I cant sing praises high enough for these skates. Everyone save your money for these...I think they'll be worth it. :D

The alignment isn't actually off...that picture was taken from a bit of an angle so it just appears to be off. That's what you get when i had over my camera to brandonov!!!! ;)

I saw that spec sheet a couple of days ago. I just couldn't be the one.

All in all, it sounds like a very interesting skate. I still haven't seen one in person yet.

From looking at them and hearing some of the responses about them, the synergy skates sound and look awesome. If they live up to the hype of the some on here that have had the chance to try them when they hit retail, I might have to give them a try once my XX's kick the bucket. Big ups to Ryan and everyone over at easton.

Pics don't work for me either. CBJ, you might contact one of us mods so we put those pics on our server. They will be highly demanded in the near future.

Needless to say that I'm tempted by an Easton skate for the first time in my hockey career.

CBJ and Brandonov, how did you guy get all that info??? That is amazing!! Thanks...I believe we have a new hookup in these two fellers B)

CBJ and Brandonov, how did you guy get all that info??? That is amazing!! Thanks...I believe we have a new hookup in these two fellers B)

Because they are teh ninjas! :ph34r:

Brandon, I'm wondering what the stance is on the skates. Are they on the toes, heels or what? Typically eastons have felt to me to be just a bit on the heels, but not nearly so much as ccms. Just curious.

*edit: thought that JR had skated in them..

Also, Brandon, I'm freaking SURE, the *one* day I'm not in the freakin store ;) also, nice job on the last sharpening!

Yeah i've heard the site i have for pics is down or having issues. If a mod wants i can email them the pictures and they can toss them on the site.

Geki, you should just head into the shop and take a look at the skates. We have a pair on display. If you can squeeze into a size 8 you can try them on.

*edit* lol i like your avator JR, where are the bars?

Thats Martha, she will be spending some time at home on house arrest for trying to save herself 40 grand by doing illegal stock trades. I might as well also ask this since someone will sooner or later.

When is the Release Date?