Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBJ

Synergy Skates

Thats Martha, she will be spending some time at home on house arrest for trying to save herself 40 grand by doing illegal stock trades. I might as well also ask this since someone will sooner or later.

When is the Release Date?

Thinking about waiting for these to come out instead of going with S500s or Vectors?

They actually sound interesting but I will hold judgement until I see and wear them. I just hope that they are not a bunch of hype (like a lot of products these days). I am waiting for all of the newer skates to come out too b/c in a few months I will probably be looking to replace my V12s. One thing I defintely won't do, though, is buy a pair of skates in the first couple of months after their release. I will let the companies work out their manufacturing bugs first before I buy a pair of new skates. I had enough problems with first run Bauers the last time that I won't buy too early again.

they doo sound very interesting and the wife is looking to get me something for a bday present down the road. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Thats Martha, she will be spending some time at home on house arrest for trying to save herself 40 grand by doing illegal stock trades. I might as well also ask this since someone will sooner or later.

Yup, Martha Stewart chugging a 40 of OE...classic...

well that should give her some street cred. lol

theyd look nicer if they took all them ridiculous logos off of them, looks like a euro jersey. like the coil thing and the huge synergy thing on the back.

theyd look nicer if they took all them ridiculous logos off of them, looks like a euro jersey. like the coil thing and the huge synergy thing on the back.

I agree. I think that Easton should be like graf and just have the one noticable logo, and then a couple other ones that don't stand out.

i like the style of the ultra-lites, with juse the silver E on the ankle. ( i think the ultra lites look terrible tho) but besides the coil and the synergy, the skate looks pretty slick

You have to expect a lot of flash on new skate. They want everyone to know who is selling it.....especially on a new item. Yes it's probably over kill, but all that flash definetly helps get the name out there. At least that's how i see it...and lets face it I'm never wrong....except when i am wrong which is all the time :blink:

;)

If you have a yahoo account and log into that account you should have no trouble seeing the pics.

are the pics down again?

I can send them to a mod if they want to post them on this thread....however i won't be able to send them until around 9pm est.

that still has to be one of the best conan o'brien episodes ever. she drank the 40 to wash down the taco. great stuff.

call me a cheap skate or whatever, but i can't honestly see paying $500+ for a pair of skates. unless these things turn you into paul coffey, i'd rather save my money and buy last year's closeouts for discounts. of course people were saying the same thing about the price of xx's and vectors when they came out. and i'm sure i'll see some 12 year old kind sporting these at the local rink. to each his own i guess. they have some interesting features though. and i dought they'll ever make one in my size.

Why are they waiting so long to release the skate? My team is starting "official" (we have been skating together all summer on ice paid for out-of-pocket) in about three weeks, so I have been shopping for new skates for the past two months. The skates sound great, but I think Easton is missing out on alot of business by making the skate first available a good six or seven weeks late for the first practices of the new season. Same goes for Bauer and the XXXs. I would LOVE to try these skates on before I make my final decision, but, unless a newer, sooner release date is set, I think I am going to have to go with a nice pair of G35s.

I would guess that most of the people that have the money to buy Synergy or XXX skates in October, probably bought new skates over the summer or early fall. They may get two sales instead of just one. That would be smart business since many of the early adopters would be the people who have to have the latest greatest thing regardless of cost. Or that may the be the earliest they could be ready for mass market sales, once the pros are taken care of.

Ah, I understand. I just don't know many people who would buy SyNergys when they already have another pair of top-of-the-line skates. I mean, take my situation for example: I am going to be spending $450 on Graf G35s; I am not going to go out two months later and spend another $550 on skates that are barely (if at all) better than the ones that I just bought.

I'm imagine Easton would have loved to have gotten these skates out by the time most of our booking orders showed up. They just weren't ready in time and i assume they weren't willing to rush these skates through their testing process. However, Ryan would be the man to talk to about that. I am purely speculating.

The vapor XXX's probably won't be out until around this time next summer. I'm struggling to remember when they hoped to have them available. I'm thinking it was early summer, but my brain stops working around 1am est. so i'll have to get back to you on that.

The vapor XXX's probably won't be out until around this time next summer. 

Okay. I guess this means that I am going to be counting the year/months/days until I will get the opportunity to slip the XXXs on my feet. It appears I already have a pair atop the list of skates I will be considering next summer. Thanks for the input.

Are the skates weights listed at the beginning of this accurate ? 8090's weigh less than XX's ? G35's weigh almost the same as 705' ? I talked to Graf a while back and they gave me the weight difference between the 705 and G35 and it was pretty substantial.