Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBJ

Synergy Skates

the 8090's weigh less the the XX's, this is true. Also the G35's weigh much less then the 705. I have a skate scale in my house, and i have weighed my skates adn my freinds who have the G35, XX, 8090, and vectors

I personally went out and weighed all the different skates. All measurements are exactly as I measured from skates I took off the shelf.

Lpkt - I personally don't feel it is fair to say the skates will be barely (if at all) better then the G35s. You haven't even tried them yet, you can't make that assumption. Don't have sour grapes man!

Ryan - I think some of the frustration is because you are pushing something that isn't available and are not being unbiased. Of course you will be loyal to your company, but putting out information which cannot be substantiated about the easton skate in comparing them to what people on this site use today is only going to start arguments.

For your sake, I hope they are more successful on this model than on all the others previously released.

our shop just got 2 pairs of skates in two days ago. They sent a retail model size 8. I wear a 8.5 or a 9 so I was a little cramped. The skate felt nice, with some breakin time for the ankle I would think they would be nicer then my v-12s. Then they sent a pair of skate fitting only which was the same skate except with a different liner, different steel and then it didnt have the rivet/bolt thing in the back. Didnt know what that was about.

I know that I had a problem with the tougne on the skate, for some reason it just was uncomfortable to walk around in. But besides that they look pretty nice except for the heel and I think these will be pretty popular but who knows how they skate.

Question going back to the beginning of the thread..sorry ..been at NARCh the past 2 weeks and a couple more to go...

Why wouldn't these skates be heat moldable? carbon fiber ..is a very moldable material...in fact..the entire of bottom of ice speedskates are heat moldable...not just the ankle area..and i have heard that the KOR skate will be very moldable when it debuts in the coming weeks..

As I understand the KORs are much heavier than the Eastons. Just a guess but putting pressure on the skates after baking the Eastons may warp the composite shell.

I'm surprised that Bauer & CCM folks haven't chimed on this...oh yeah, their skates sell.

It is always easy to make smart ass comments from the stands...Maybe you should come and work here...I could go back to working in a coffee shop.....

And I actually complimented Easton on the skate....It is something totally different than what's out there...

I'm surprised that Bauer & CCM folks haven't chimed on this...oh yeah, their skates sell.

It is always easy to make smart ass comments from the stands...Maybe you should come and work here...I could go back to working in a coffee shop.....

And I actually complimented Easton on the skate....It is something totally different than what's out there...

Yeah. Bo, that was totally uncalled for.

Lpkt - I personally don't feel it is fair to say the skates will be barely (if at all) better then the G35s.  You haven't even tried them yet, you can't make that assumption.

I understand what you are saying. You're absolutely right, I CAN'T make that assumption. But, in all honesty, I cannot fathom a technology boost big (and quick) enough to justify shunning my new $450 skates to spend $550 more. However, I suppose I could just be being narrow-minded. After all, when the SyNergy first came out, I couldn't even think about spending $150 on a single stick.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Its my comment and I'll stand by it. The facts are in the threads. An EASTON employee starts a thread by saying their new skates are better than any skate he has ever worn and gives some nebulous answers to questions posed by users on comparisons to released skates. Unfortunately, there are few unbiased users who can give verify any of these claims. In my opinion - the jury is WAY out on just how good the skate is till some guys who are not connected to Easton give some feedback.

My comment in relation to Mission reviewing the skate was not a slam (if you took it that way - you took it the wrong way). It was to underscore the point that an Easton employee solely reviewing a product made by Easton is useless. I would love a competitor to give an honest opinion (or honest bash if its factual).

As far as Bauer and CCM being mentioned - maybe I am missing something but I haven't seen representatives from those companies making posts on unreleased items saying they are lighter or better than anyone elses products. If I am missing that, shame on them to. If I am correct, then they are acting in a more responsible manner.

I miss what I posted that was uncalled for

By the way... CBJ and I are NOT Easton employees. We work at the same pro shop together and just happened that our Easton rep came by to drop off a demo pair of skates. All the info that CBJ wrote is from Easton though. But once again,we are not Easton employees.

Hey Chief, I didn't start this post. It was from someone at a shop.

Well, as long as Justin is leaving his job to go work in a coffee shop, I think you could have mine too. I have always wanted to be a farmer and grow crops.

Its my comment and I'll stand by it. The facts are in the threads. An EASTON employee starts a thread by saying their new skates are better than any skate he has ever worn and gives some nebulous answers to questions posed by users on comparisons to released skates. Unfortunately, there are few unbiased users who can give verify any of these claims. In my opinion - the jury is WAY out on just how good the skate is till some guys who are not connected to Easton give some feedback.

My comment in relation to Mission reviewing the skate was not a slam (if you took it that way - you took it the wrong way). It was to underscore the point that an Easton employee solely reviewing a product made by Easton is useless. I would love a competitor to give an honest opinion (or honest bash if its factual).

As far as Bauer and CCM being mentioned - maybe I am missing something but I haven't seen representatives from those companies making posts on unreleased items saying they are lighter or better than anyone elses products. If I am missing that, shame on them to. If I am correct, then they are acting in a more responsible manner.

I miss what I posted that was uncalled for

By saying "...oh yeah, their skates sell" you are bashing every other skate company in saying their skates don't sell. How was that not uncalled for? It would be much easier to post what you just said than to bash Easton and Mission as you did before.

ryan - maybe you could revolutionize the agriculture world by using proprietary compression molding technology to create space saving square watermelons :D

does the synergy skate tout the same performance benefits as the kor skate? ie tighter turns by leaning closer to the ice and whatnot

I see that someone from Bauer did make some comments - based on the link sent, it appears that it was informational only, not touting any new product. Plus - very low post number comparitively.

But to be perfectly honest - please provide data that disputes that claim if you feel strongly enough that my statement is made in error.

I did actually get this string confused with a string that had Ryan giving an almost day by day update on how his new Synergy's were performing. Thats where my comments came from.

Bo, call your LHS and ask if they have a demo Synergy skate. If they do,you can go and check it out on your own and not have to listen to me sing praises for it anymore. Hopefully you wear a size 7.5/8 cause thats the size of the demo.

I see that someone from Bauer did make some comments - based on the link sent, it appears that it was informational only, not touting any new product. Plus - very low post number comparitively.

But to be perfectly honest - please provide data that disputes that claim if you feel strongly enough that my statement is made in error. 

I did actually get this string confused with a string that had Ryan giving an almost day by day update on how his new Synergy's were performing.  Thats where my comments came from.

Didn't I warn you once about picking fights?

I mean, seriously, if you don't want to believe Ryan's take on the skate, then by all means, don't. It's your prerogative.

And that slam towards Mission and Easton was totally out of line...

JR - I don't pick "fights". I do not use derogatory language or get personal with anyone. Garnering emotion from a typed statement inferring that I pick fights is ridiculous. I have opinions and sometimes make strong statements. People can take them or leave them just as I do when I read thru some posts on things I am interested in.