Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBJ

Synergy Skates

well i think the thing with weights is that the first few that come off the line are typically the lightest..but there is generally a % that it goes up and down..

its like the bike industry...Mavic can say the Open Pro rims weigh 400 grams each and they do..if you get one of the early ones off the line...the later ones off the line are 410-415...

still i'm not worried about 20g, we're talking less than an ounce..i'd better off scaling back the post game beers if i were that worried about performance

How did you get hooked up with a test pair?

CaptainZbubble

Owner of the store i work at gave them a call, talked about the skate for about 10 minutes, and bam, there ya go, the skate's on it's way.

Prices are never the same as a direct currency exchange.

Exactly, Si-Cores retail for about 150 USD, translate that to CDN funds it would be what? 220 230? But retail Si-Cores go for 310 CDN, so you see, us canadians get ripped off. <_<

Edit: Translated, 150 would be 197 canadian, but we have to pay 300.

That is so stupid about the exchange thing, it makes me very mad. When it was said in this thread that they would be around 700 dollars I was like okay, see ya later G5s, I am getting Synergys. I guess that won't be happening now lol.

How did you get hooked up with a test pair?

CaptainZbubble

Owner of the store i work at gave them a call, talked about the skate for about 10 minutes, and bam, there ya go, the skate's on it's way.

Your store has a good relationship with Easton though, right? You're the guys who bought out the entire Easton display from the expo two years ago if I'm thinking of the right guys.

OK so i tried em on today and they feel real nice, the bottom half feel like scubba shoes the ankle support is real good but if you tie up to the top, you can't lean forward IMO (I feel the same way about Vapors) some guys won't like the toe area but to me it is great, the blade holder has to go, the one i tried looked cheap and off center... A good lightspeed would be better (This from a guy who likes Cobras, Easton razor blades and even the E blade before TUUK)

As for sizing, I think its more like Mission size, i wear an 8.5 shoe tight, i wear a 7.5 Graf 703D i wear a 6.5D Vector pro and the synergy i tried was a8.0D... again this was a demo so it could be off

THE END

i have to agree with you on the holder, it doesn't feel very stable at all, IIFFFF I ever decide to get a pair, Lightspeeds will be on them in no time.

Guys, that is ridiculous. The holder is completely stable. At least try them for awhile before you knock them or switch them out...if you ever got Eastons that is.

i've used many different Easton skates, and i work in the shop they are in, I've had a lot of exposure with them. Ryan, no offence but Eason's steel and holders havent exactly held up very well. the holder just makes you feel less stable on your feet than a Tuuk. I'll have an opportunity to test these skates on the ice in under a week, so I'll judge that myself.