Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2008 Washington Capitals thread

By the way, the caps have called up Sami Lepisto, a defenseman from hershey. Erskine is injured, not sure if it means Eminger will be back in the press box, or if he is up as a spare for the road trip.

Lepisto was picked by Calle Johannson. When the Leafs wanted him for their playoff run a few years back, but he was a member of the caps scouting staff, they agreed to give the caps a 2nd round pick to sign him.

After the season, he rejoined the caps as a scout, and because he "earned" the pick, they left it up to him entirely.

So far, it's looking like a good pick, considering it cost the caps nothing financially, or on the ice to get it. And may speak to Johannsons ability as a scout.

Here's hoping

Update...

The Caps have re-signed left wing Tomas Fleischmann to a two-year extension. The 23-year-old will earn $725,000 in each of those seasons, which represents a healthy raise over the $495,000 he's due to earn this year.

Per tarik over at the washington post

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/

All the up and downs in the standings not to mention potentially losing Poti for awhile. The Caps need to make a move now.

On another note Kolzig has been playing great as of late but where did our scoring go.

All the up and downs in the standings not to mention potentially losing Poti for awhile. The Caps need to make a move now.

On another note Kolzig has been playing great as of late but where did our scoring go.

I think they need to move Semin back to the left wing. Thats where he had his success last year. Thats where they will get secondary scoring from.

The good news is, and I mean this in the nicest way, because I think Brind'Amour is great, but the canes definately are impacted by recent moves and injuries.

With Commodore out, and now Brind'Amour gone for the rest of the season with an ACL, they division is theirs for the taking, if they can get past the thrash and put distance there.

Tonights game is a big one against the panthers, so fingers crossed for a win

by the way, for anyone who cares, ovechkin said he is over the stomach bug he's had for the past few days, and will be 100% for the isles game tomorrow.

He sure looked a little off last night but we clanged enough posts last night. For the first time I hated the shootout. We outplayed the Isles all night and they played the OT hoping to go to a shootout.

We need a fix to our problems quick if we want to touch the post-season. If Ovie doesn't score we don't win.

It was pretty but I am getting sick of out playing teams (islanders and nj) for 3 periods then losing in the OT.

I don't see the playoffs this year which is a real shame for this team. Injuries really ruined this season.

Huet and Fedorov to be introduced to the media at 3pm today. Both in town.

Cooke as he was a canadian playing in canada will be delayed until perhaps next week with visa issues.

In the meantime, Chris bourque looks like he will stay up.

I don't know how many of you watched the game on versus last night, but Olie Kolzig was all class in the post game interview.

Brent Johnson was also interviewed in the post game radio show locally, and was disappointed but will take any opportunity the team gives him between now and the end of the season.

GMGM was on DC101 this morning and says Olie will be back next season if he wants to be back. Huet has a 6 week audition and may be resigned also, so that would be next years tandem, meaning they would either trade Johnny who is under contract, waive him, or buy him out

Hey Caps fans, just posting regarding the Federov trade.

I've never heard of Teddy Ruth before, but apparently he was originally going to be Scott Howson's second round pick before he was picked by the Caps. What type of player is he, and what would you project him to be in the future?

Good luck with Federov. Hopefully he gives a rat's ass in Washington.

Accorinding to our GM (so take with a grain of salt) he could end up being a 5-6 D man not top 4 which is why we moved him. We have a ton of D prospects with Alzner and Godfrey and Ruth was at the bottom of that list.

But who knows.

Some tidbits from tarik over at the washington post

Update 1 p.m.Lots of stuff going on after practice. Here's the rundown:

I said earlier that Kolzig was "expected" to play Saturday. That may have been premature. Coach Bruce Boudreau

said he has not decided on a starter against the Maple Leafs, and that if Huet is lights out in New Jersey, he might start again at Verizon Center.

Fedorov and Ovechkin had dinner together last night, and today the Russians were on the PP together. The top unit looked like this: Semin, Backstrom, and Fedorov up front with Ovechkin and Green on the points. Looks good on paper, right?
Brooks Laich said he had a poster of Fedorov on his wall as a kid. Now, Laich is on the same line with him

Brooks Laich is one the same line with him? so is Fedorov to play on the 3rd line?

Brooks laich has been really stepping up his play offensively in the past few weeks, as evidenced by his 4 goals and 6 points in the past 4 games.

Is he likely to keep it up, probably not, but while he is playing well offensively, why not reward him with the time.

Also, if any of you have not seen the "Caps Cribs" on Caps TV, I highly recommend watching the brooks laich one. It's funny. He and Green live in the same building, so Green is there when they do it, and has planted books (hockey for dummies) and DVD (sound of music, must love dogs) round the place.

They are also the "baby blue sound crew" with Laich on guitar, and greener on drums. They are brutal!!! :lol:

Brooks Laich is one the same line with him? so is Fedorov to play on the 3rd line?

Brooks laich has been really stepping up his play offensively in the past few weeks, as evidenced by his 4 goals and 6 points in the past 4 games.

Is he likely to keep it up, probably not, but while he is playing well offensively, why not reward him with the time.

Also, if any of you have not seen the "Caps Cribs" on Caps TV, I highly recommend watching the brooks laich one. It's funny. He and Green live in the same building, so Green is there when they do it, and has planted books (hockey for dummies) and DVD (sound of music, must love dogs) round the place.

They are also the "baby blue sound crew" with Laich on guitar, and greener on drums. They are brutal!!! :lol:

the caps tv features are awesome

the q&a ones crack me up

OV for MVP

Will never happen if the Caps don't make the playoffs.

Making the playoffs should have no indication on how much Ovie is the MVP of his team and the league.