Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2008 Washington Capitals thread

OV for MVP

Will never happen if the Caps don't make the playoffs.

Making the playoffs should have no indication on how much Ovie is the MVP of his team and the league.

Tell that to the folks who vote for the award. I'm pretty sure it has never happened.

OV for MVP

Will never happen if the Caps don't make the playoffs.

Making the playoffs should have no indication on how much Ovie is the MVP of his team and the league.

Tell that to the folks who vote for the award. I'm pretty sure it has never happened.

It did for Mario Lemieux (not sure on spelling Im off today heh).

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hock...onference_call/

Transcript from the ovechkin conference call.. some good reading there, pretty much what you would expect, likes to score goals, plays for team wins, all the guys are tight, they play for each other. I think he was a bit star struck at having fedorov in the locker room with him initially

By the way...for anyone in DC area who gets Comcast+ channel (Fios 1 on fios in the nova area)

Next wednesday when the caps host the flames, comcast are doing an "Ovech-kam"

He will have a camera focused on him for the entire game. It will show the regular game + the ovechkam on a split screen.

The game will also be shown as normal on the regular comcast and comcast HD stations (so don't be fretting about having to watch the game split screen)

Apparently they have done similar things with gretzky and lemuiex (sp).

I will find it hard to turn over from the HD feed, but may tune in for a bit to take a gander

Ruff saying some mighty nice things about ovey...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnh...ory/292681.html

The whole story is worth a read, but these are the highlights...

“He is unbelievable,” Ruff said. “I admire the way he plays. I admire the enthusiasm. He can play a physical game. He can beat you one on one. He has a terrific shot. His energy and his passion, if you could bottle that and stick it inside your players, you would have an unbelievable team.”
“He’s so good for the game,” Ruff said. “His energy is so good for the game. He’s having so much fun playing the game. When Pat [Kaleta] scored the other night, it puts a smile on your face. It’s what the game is all about. There’s not a lot of fun moments in the game. [Ovechkin] makes it fun almost shift in, shift out. And he’s not a fun guy to play against. When he hits you, he hurts you. What an element to have as a player.”
The more Ruff talked Wednesday, the more obvious it became that Ovechkin is the best player of his generation. Yes, that includes Sidney Crosby. The Penguins superstar is the face of the NHL, but Ovechkin is the guy coaches want on their teams because the Great Eight dominates in so many ways.

You could scour NHL history books and not find another player quite like him. You need a scorer? Ovechkin leads the league with 54 goals and 92 points in 68 games. You need a leader? The Capitals would be long gone from playoff contention without his nine winners. You want a banger? Ovechkin is 6- foot-2, 217 pounds, plays 6-6, 260, and works the corners like a hot dog vendor. He led both teams with five hits Wednesday night.

“I enjoy it a lot,” Ovechkin said. “It was my dream, you know, when I was a little kid. I can’t even imagine that I would be leading the league in scoring. It’s a game. I’m excited all the time. I have fun all the time.”

Someone has a serious man-crush.

Hard to not like the best player in the league that scores goals, makes hits, and is a team player.

MVP of the Caps, and the NHL.

Caps blew it with all the stupid penalties.

I was watching it on NHL Center Ice which was showing the NESN (Bruins) broadcast of the game. Holy biased announcers! I can understand being for the home team, but they were downright nasty. Cheapshots galore.

And yes, I do realise I may be biased as well...

I was watching it on NHL Center Ice which was showing the NESN (Bruins) broadcast of the game. Holy biased announcers! I can understand being for the home team, but they were downright nasty. Cheapshots galore.

Biased? Perhaps a bit but then they did agree that the Erskine call was weak. Other than that, the Caps lost because Brashear is dumb as a bag of hammers.

Of all the regional broadcasts NESNs are the best that I watch (mostly Eastern Conference). The announcers do a good job of at least trying to keep it somewhat balanced. Hands down the worst is the Devils. Chico is an idiot.

Biased? Perhaps a bit but then they did agree that the Erskine call was weak. Other than that, the Caps lost because Brashear is dumb as a bag of hammers.

Hence my first sentence.

Of all the regional broadcasts NESNs are the best that I watch (mostly Eastern Conference). The announcers do a good job of at least trying to keep it somewhat balanced. Hands down the worst is the Devils. Chico is an idiot.

I'm probably still upset about the Caps losing, but what got me was when the Bruins scored their second goal he said "Gooooaaal (fine) take that!", as if the Caps had ass raped his mother and this was their punishment. The other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was "and Chara is looking for anyone who has enough guts to fight him". Now the Caps are a bunch of sissies?

I'm probably blowing this way out of proportion, but I was upset.

Hence my first sentence.

I'm probably still upset about the Caps losing, but what got me was when the Bruins scored their second goal he said "Gooooaaal (fine) take that!", as if the Caps had ass raped his mother and this was their punishment. The other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was "and Chara is looking for anyone who has enough guts to fight him". Now the Caps are a bunch of sissies?

I'm probably blowing this way out of proportion, but I was upset.

When Backstrom pulls the cheap hit at the buzzer, it was a valid comment by Edwards. Don't pull that stuff if you're not backing it up.

He charged in there pretty good. Couple that with the fact the the hit landed after the buzzer started sounding and you've got a recipe for trouble.

The thing I thought was funny was when Poti chopped the B's players stick into peices it was the Ref behind the play that called it, not the Ref standing 2 feet from where it was going on.

I know Brash killed the caps, but the B's couldn't get anything going 5 on 4 so that Erskine penalty is what really killed the caps... i didn't realize a little tug to the hands makes a guy go down like a ton of bricks.

Being a B's fan and watching every game, I personaly can't stand Edwards. He seems to act almost unperfessional in certain situations and has a very silly choice of words at times. He only did the away games last season so this is his first full season calling all the games. I know a lot of people who pull the old mute the tv and slap on the radio broadcast for audio. As far as the game, the Caps penalty troubles late in the game pretty much handed away the win for Boston. It was a great physical game to watch.