Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 CCM Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008/CCM/CCM2008.pdf

This ain't your daddy's CCM. They are making a big push to be flashy and innovative. Their coin term this year is "Performance Within - built from the inside out."

Skates - The new U+ (You Plus, as in an extension of you, the player) replaces the V10.0 skate as CCM's top-end sakte. The skate features U-Foam, which is very reactive to heat. It made a big difference when I had them baked in Montreal - the skate seemed to really open up. More volume than previous Vector boots as well. A new molded tongue and the Rocket Runner are some of the new features. This is an one-off skate, so the U-Foam is not included in the other models.

The V08 is very similar to the V10.0 in terms of features. It does include the Rocket Runner, but doesn't include an anti-microbial iner. It is a wicking liner, however.

V06 replaces 6.0, but goes back to scalloped stainless runners.

Sticks - The new U+ stick includes a hollow point heel. The premise behind it is better balance. 24' taper, mandreled full carbon fibre shaft and a vibration-dampening blade. It comes in the contoured shape, and will have clear and grip (upper 2/3 of shaft) options. The V10 has the new paint job that the NHL players are using this year. The V08 has the U+-style graphics.

Helmets - A V08 VN helmet has been added. Also, the HT2 has been eliminated and the V04 takes its place.

Gloves - Gloves remain unchanged, however a nylon V08 version has been added.

Protective - All of the protective has been redone. Looks very modern and sharp. There are two top-end shoulder pads - the V10 Ove is a beefed-up version of the V10. The elbow pad has EPP in the elbow, forearm and bicep. The V10 has a new cross-strap system which is very comfortable. Vented knee and shin caps as well as an segmented EPP calf wrap.

This ain't your daddy's CCM. They are making a big push to be flashy and innovative. Their coin term this year is "Performance Within - built from the inside out."

Helmets Also, the HT2 has been eliminated and the V04 takes its place.

Protective - All of the protective has been redone. Looks very modern and sharp. There are two top-end shoulder pads - the V10 Ove is a beefed-up version of the V10. The elbow pad has EPP in the elbow, forearm and bicep. The V10 has a new cross-strap system which is very comfortable. Vented knee and shin caps as well as an segmented EPP calf wrap.

Cant wait to try on a pair of V10 shins, they look really nice.

But i better start stocking up on some HT2/652/552 helmets, now when some idiot at CCM decided to ditch them :rolleyes:

Cant wait to try on a pair of V10 shins, they look really nice.

But i better start stocking up on some HT2/652/552 helmets, now when some idiot at CCM decided to ditch them :rolleyes:

they make them for the pros...with the new CCM logo too

The gloves in the catalogue that I like best are the ones that Thornton is wearing. Is CCM dropping the 4-roll line?

Helmets - A V08 VN helmet has been added. Also, the HT2 has been eliminated and the V04 takes its place.

:o WHAT? Why did they do that? i cant imagine hockey whithout the HT2! Whats next, nbh eliminates the 4500?

That closure system on the shins looks cool... I wonder how practical it will be. Looks like they're trying to mimic the NBH sling setup, very nice. I think they will be popular if the new setup works well, it gives a better option for those that want a traditional shin pad that stays put.

Sad to see the 852/1052 go away, love it. Though I enjoy my Vector helmet, it's odd to see CCM in this new direction....

Ahh....V08...looking good. A Dual Density VN Vector...

The V04...not so much. So Ugly! Why didn't they just change the logo?

If you squint your eyes the V04 looks very similar to the HT2. You can see how they took the old design and morphed it into what is is now. What really makes it look silly, thoughh is the lack of ear loops. The chin strap attaches directly to the ear pieces which most players just take off. Seriously, who over at CCM thought that would be a good idea? :blink:

And I believe that everyone has overlooked the coolest thing so far. With every purchase of Youth gear you get a free Ovechkin trading card, OMG!!! Check out page 45.

Edited by lb33knight

It is somewhat similar. The new vents in the front don't look that bad, but the original ones were better. Also, if you look closely in that pic, it says V04 on the side, extremely close to the back...which looks like the back of the Vector (and now V08). I noticed the no ear loops also. That looks so goofy. They should think about the NHL. The HT2 is one of the most popular helmets in the NHL, and replace it with this. Most players remove their earpieces.

It is somewhat similar. The new vents in the front don't look that bad, but the original ones were better. Also, if you look closely in that pic, it says V04 on the side, extremely close to the back...which looks like the back of the Vector (and now V08). I noticed the no ear loops also. That looks so goofy. They should think about the NHL. The HT2 is one of the most popular helmets in the NHL, and replace it with this. Most players remove their earpieces.

DUde, the NHL players are still going to get HT2s. It's retail that won't.

Sad to see the 852/1052 go away, love it. Though I enjoy my Vector helmet, it's odd to see CCM in this new direction....

Yeah, JR said it well:

"This ain't your daddy's CCM. They are making a big push to be flashy and innovative."

A big thanks to Andy for bringing out the new CCM/RBK swag to the MSH skate. As we were helping Jill put away some of the gear I noticed the Vector VN helmet had been left in the bag. I will be buying one. It seemed like a lot of other people were impressed as well. This thing is great.

I have to fully agree that the u+ skate when I had them heated in Montreal also formed to my foot nice and tight.

sogaduch, what width did you try on? I recall reading somewere that you were measured a C/A in the one90's. Thank's!

Sign in to follow this