Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Pro stock AK-27 shafts

I think MSH members should boycott hockeymonkey.com

That will only work until they get another flood of pro stocks in :lol:

Guys who ordered Polar Fibers Dolos, how have they held up? What about your bro's Mack? Did it shatter during the first tape job like you predicted?

I ordered 2 from them. Very strange, when I got them and tried to put a blade in, I realized the shafts were not even tapered! Has anyone ever heard of this? I have since exchanged them for some 240 flex with the nipple grip (only thing left in stock - not too excited.) Hopefully those will be okay. P.s. has anyone used the nipple grip? I hope it doesn't feel too rubbery...is it like a clear, but textured?

I really enjoyed how the cs people at hockeymonkey treated me like an idiot..."are you sure you're not using a jr. blade?" ... Then they expected me to be excited when they said they would waive the restocking fee. Great! Considering they sent me a useless product that was not as described. I'm not even going to attempt to get reimbursed for the return shipping cost of $17USD.

I think MSH members should boycott hockeymonkey.com

You probably could have sold them here to recoup losses, plenty of people wanting polarfibre shafts don't want to deal with the gamble from HM.

Nipple grip is a light grip coating with a "scaled" texture on the top 1/2 of the shaft that helps stop your hand from sliding down. I hated how subtle the control grip from TPS was, like it was there but not, and I can't stand the tacky Easton grip, but this isn't too bad. You can tell there's a grip coating but it doesn't grab your gloves too bad, and it's not so close to clear that it feels off like the TPS coat.

Why would anyone go off their chart?

I thought maybe Warrior gave it to them so it's "official".

What's the Inno flex of a retail Dolomite labeled 85, 280?

The chart is correct, it's just a mystery what you will actually receive. Contrary to the paint job, by 280 Dolo is really a 195.

Jarick-

I'd go with the MSH flex chart since this place actually knows hockey. There hasn't been a noticeable difference between my 180 and 160 AKs that I've tried so technically HM is right on that flex.

Jarick-

I'd go with the MSH flex chart since this place actually knows hockey. There hasn't been a noticeable difference between my 180 and 160 AKs that I've tried so technically HM is right on that flex.

That makes a lot more sense. If 300 is an 80 flex, the 320 feeling like a 75 would be dead on.

So does anyone know if a retail 85 flex is a 280 or 260? I'm tempted to pop over to the local hockey place with a pocket knife and pop the cap off of one.

I have a clear 260 AK and 2 PF 260 Dolos the AK feels a little stiffer like maybe in the 92-95 range while the Dolos feel around 85 to me. I've only used the Dolos about 3 times so the jury is still out on them. But the AK is currently the fav in my arsenal.

Well finally got the rest of the order I'd placed, so thank you anyone who's had to read the horror story and for whomever at HM who sent them out.

A couple 260 flex AK grips (which are way too whippy for me and will never be used by me), 400 flex Dolo grip and a 300 PF Dolo that I don't think my brother's going to bother with either.

Did anyone else who ordered an AK grip have a wood plug? All my AKs had plastic plugs but these actually have wood butt ends put in there.

No the 400 grip is a keeper for him, but the PF one is not. Not sure if he'll sell it to a teammate or someone up here but I don't think he's keeping that.

Well, I've used my AK a few times now, and I was speculative of ordering such a low flex, but it has really worked out for me. I really need to work on my shot and using this during warmups and stick and puck allows me to focus more on getting the puck to roll off the blade correctly, rather than try to muscle into results. I'm not picking corners, but I have a lot more control on getting spin and placement of the shot.

The stick doesn't feel as good as I'd like in my hands though. Like mack was saying, I can almost feel it having walls that are too thin and ready to snap like a twig. Maybe it's the concave walls that I'm not used to, or the slightly rubbery feel from the soft/nipple grip.

I had bought what was cheap before, a free SL shaft that feels around 95, A $15 shaft that was 95 flex, a Montreal OPS that's around 90, and a regular flex TPS.

I showed a few friends that have played hockey for a long time and I told them my 380 was around a 65 flex and they all thought I was nuts. I let one of them use it, and beside not liking the curve, he was shooting rocket wristers with little effort.

Anybody got 340 or 360 they don't want in either shaft style? I'd like another shaft, and I think going slightly heavier might make the shaft feel more stable for handling, passing, etc. It's just a little weird to have the shaft give a little when I receive a pass.

A couple 260 flex AK grips (which are way too whippy for me and will never be used by me), 400 flex Dolo grip and a 300 PF Dolo that I don't think my brother's going to bother with either.

Did anyone else who ordered an AK grip have a wood plug? All my AKs had plastic plugs but these actually have wood butt ends put in there.

My AK grip came with a wood plug. Is your 260 flex boxy as all hell? I'm about 99% sure I'm going to ditch mine... the more I use it, the less I like it. I'm looking for a more concave style like the retail offerings.

Like yours, the AK grip I got is boxy as all heck, and had a wood endplug in it, too. For what it's worth, the plug seems like impossible to get out< tried my usual means of using a heat gun to warm up the glue, but that F'r still won't come out..

I've had a decent amount of time with my AK (340 flex) and I love it. I kinda wish I had bought a few more. I have a One90 blade in there and it's definitely got some kick to it. Boxy and concave but I like it.

And it's gotten me 16 points in two games :D . So I'll take that haha

Mack, what's the shape of the 300 PF? That's the shaft I'm looking at, I figure it's more likely I'd get something similar to what they shipped you.

I'll check when I'm out his way again but I'm pretty sure it's square with rounded corners. Not concave or convex, just 'normal.'

My PF Dolo shaft came today. Ordered 240 flex, got 233 according to the sticker. Looked in good shape. Length and shaft shape were identical (or nearly identical) to my retail Nipple Dolo. Dolo blade went in perfectly - if the hosel was any wider it wouldn't have made it in there.

All in all, based on other's stories, I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

does anyone know if these are available at hockey monkeys storefront?

i asked the girl that called me when my original order was sold out and she said that you can go to the store and have them ship it to them. but no they are not keeping any pro stocks in the store. all they have are retails. at least that's all they had the last time i was there.

does anyone know if these are available at hockey monkeys storefront?

i asked the girl that called me when my original order was sold out and she said that you can go to the store and have them ship it to them. but no they are not keeping any pro stocks in the store. all they have are retails. at least that's all they had the last time i was there.

bummer, i was hoping I could drive over and see what i was getting instead of getting a mystery package like everyone else.

so I have been back and forth thinking about buying one of these mostly because of all these horror stories about them coming months later. Being that I am not in any hurry anymore I have a few questions. I was looking and hockey monkey has them in the flex I want, but I am debating between the AK-27 clean finish or the Dolo standard Polar Fibre. My question is does anyone know what the Dolo polar fibre feels like?

so I have been back and forth thinking about buying one of these mostly because of all these horror stories about them coming months later. Being that I am not in any hurry anymore I have a few questions. I was looking and hockey monkey has them in the flex I want, but I am debating between the AK-27 clean finish or the Dolo standard Polar Fibre. My question is does anyone know what the Dolo polar fibre feels like?

It feels like polarfibre. It's a sand-type textile grip coating. I would have jumped on one but I have problems finding tapered blades.

It's really hard to describe though. It's not the same as having sand as it's more consistent, and it's not really abrasive like sandpaper...

It pretty much makes a bunch of little holes and ridges that your gloves will catch on and provide grip without any stickiness so you have to be actively gripping for it to work.

thanks a lot rustpot i will be going with an ak-27 then. I think I know the grip you are describing STX lacrosse used to have a shaft that was called "shark skin" i think and it felt like a sand paperish feel. Not for me.

i describe it as feeling like hockey tape. Not friction tape but regular tape