Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

nope, he's injured, i thought so all for the past 3 games and rds confirmed yesterday he missed the last 2 practices and has been playing with a hurt ankle

Plaxico Burris hardly practiced at all this season on account of a bad ankle...I don't think he missed a game, and we all know how that story ended.

Just sayin'

btw...one of those practices was an optional skate.

no i know, im just saying he hasnt looked like himself the past week, and i definatly thought something was bothering him, and now that we know his ankle is bothering him, clearly it affected his play a bit

Well both Kovy and Hammer are in the lineup tonight, finally the full team will be playing.

I'm hearing rumors (sportsnet) that Montreal is in a group of about 5 teams bidding for Hossa. In this bid is the ramblings of one Chris Higgins. Now I'd love to see a Hossa up there it wouldn't hurt the team, that's for sure...but I don't think giving up Higgins is very smart for a rental player, I think he has a bright future, and theres no guarantees Hossa would sign and stay.

i think part of that rumor was that gainey said he'd do it and give up higgins if hossa was signed in advance, but it doesnt look like it would happen, id giev up higgins, halak and a pick for a signed hossa any day (not that theyd want him but ryder too)

i think part of that rumor was that gainey said he'd do it and give up higgins if hossa was signed in advance, but it doesnt look like it would happen, id giev up higgins, halak and a pick for a signed hossa any day (not that theyd want him but ryder too)

id do ryder,halak, and a 2nd :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rangers. Habs. Part II tonight

Kovalev has taken his inspiration this year from watching old tape of his years in NY...specifically the Cup run...so I hope he puts up big numbers tonight.

no i know, im just saying he hasnt looked like himself the past week, and i definatly thought something was bothering him, and now that we know his ankle is bothering him, clearly it affected his play a bit

Kovalev is going to get shut down to night against the Rangers who are a bit of a hot streak!

Habs have been on a hot streak all year so...3-2 for the Habs tonight. Plekanec gets 1 goal and 1 assist. For some reason we always have a hard time against the Rangers (mostly because they are a good team) :) But I think we're gonna take this one tonight. As long as whoever is in nets for us doesn't let in a weak goal or two like the last game we played against the rangers. Oh yeah, Avery will probably get his head crushed in by Komisarek. Love to see those 2 go at it!

Habs have been on a hot streak all year so...3-2 for the Habs tonight. Plekanec gets 1 goal and 1 assist. For some reason we always have a hard time against the Rangers (mostly because they are a good team) :) But I think we're gonna take this one tonight. As long as whoever is in nets for us doesn't let in a weak goal or two like the last game we played against the rangers. Oh yeah, Avery will probably get his head crushed in by Komisarek. Love to see those 2 go at it!

Round 2...Boullion v. Orr.

Rangers. Habs. Part II tonight

Kovalev has taken his inspiration this year from watching old tape of his years in NY...specifically the Cup run...so I hope he puts up big numbers tonight.

Smart move...Aside from the past little while that is the only time he showed heart as a player. After 94' he lost it.

This is going to be a playoff like game, IMO. Should be great

I'd bet any money on NYR

Why are you so confident that the Habs are going to lose ?

Also in other Habs news Carey Price got named the NHL's third star of the week.

According to John Lui (TSN.ca) Price IS starting.

And, Mikhail Grabovski is the AHL PLayer of the Week. (10 pts 5G/5a) in 3 games. Overall, a good week for the organization.

Gainey's said to be interested in Tanguay and Hossa...yeah, no big deal, we all know...but the "Insider's" threw Sundin's name in the mix...would anyone ever see a die hard Leaf as Sundin go to the Habs. I cannot see that happening for some reason. I'm excited as all hell tho, whens the last time Montreals been labeled as the big spender coming up to the trade deadline before, not in my lifetime thats for sure.

Gainey's said to be interested in Tanguay and Hossa...yeah, no big deal, we all know...but the "Insider's" threw Sundin's name in the mix...would anyone ever see a die hard Leaf as Sundin go to the Habs. I cannot see that happening for some reason. I'm excited as all hell tho, whens the last time Montreals been labeled as the big spender coming up to the trade deadline before, not in my lifetime thats for sure.

While Sundin in Montreal would definitely improve scoring beyond the Kovy line, I HATE the idea of sending prospects to Toronto and helping them re-build.

Not a good start by the Habs tonight, hopefully Komisareks fight sparked up the team a bit, so they can hopefully turn it around in the second period.