Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

How can anyone who calls them self a Habs fan NOT like Saku Koivu?

Me? like someone said as person you can't not respect him.

But as a player? he takes more stupid penalties then anyone else, and often is later rewarded with ice time in key situations. Last game against the Pens was the first time I'd noticed him on the ice in sometime. The Habs are lucky how good Kovalev has been because Koviu's last 30-35 games have been terrible for the most part

He gets rewarded for icetime in key moments because he is a veteran on the team and has alot of experience in these situations.

I knew someone would say something like that.

He has often played in those situations after having a terrible game, before the last 10-12 games Plekanec wasnt even out there at the end of the game and Koviu was. In the regular season experience is overrated. At the end of the game you need players who will give you the best chance to score

Im not saying he should be out there, im just giving the reason why carbonneau puts him out in key situations.

I think Gainey should have kept his gear on for this game...I like the Hossa chants at the end tho, the Fans want something

I hope they get someone too, but i don't think Hossa will help them in a playoff run.

I didn't realize the Habs play the Thrashers on Tues...so IF a trade is made between the 2....at least there shouldn't be any travel issues to keep anyone from playing on their new team that night *L*

I think they should try for Richards, and I don't know why there aren't any talks about bringing in a defenceman.

I agree, personally i think they need a good offensive defencemen to play with Markov on the PP because they could definatly have someone out there better then Streit.

Richards plays the point on the PP. I think Streit is fine on the 1st unit. Its Hamerlik and Brisbois that don't look that good when they're on the 2nd unit

Richards plays the point on the PP. I think Streit is fine on the 1st unit. Its Hamerlik and Brisbois that don't look that good when they're on the 2nd unit

Hamerlik is not an power play defencemen in my opinion and Brisbios is just terrible.

If Atlanta wanted 4 for 1 (3 roster players plus a prospect/draft pick) I'm glad Montreal didn't make the trade. That's a LOT for a rental, and we've seen how over paying can backfire.

I'm curious if Bob ever got a proposal from Atl that included both Hossa & Dupius?

He seemed to talk as if the only offer they got was 4-1 and the only offer they made back was 3 for 1.

Grabovski has put up 18 points in his last 7 AHL games...hopefully that carries over and he stays hot in the NHL.

yeah I figure they'd have to give up probably Grabovski, Chipchura and maybe S. Kostitsyn, something like that.

Montreal tired to trade Ryder, Grabovski, Lapperiere for Hossa according to habsinsideout.com

What I would do is give a call to Hossa and his agent and mentioned to him that I'm willing to give up an extra player if he gives me his word that he'll sign a long term, and I would have a deal ready to go so that he knows how much I can pay him for long term. Then it’s up to him to keep his word, and if in the end he does not keep his word that shows his lousy character and you do not want anyone like that on your team. I would give up Grabovski, Chipchura S. Kostitsyn in a heart beat for Hossa if he signs long term. There is not enough room on this team for another young line to get enough minutes in the game; you can’t develop a young player into a decent or a good star with 10 minutes per game. Habs have too many young prospects which they should trade.

Cheers

Except I'm pretty certain it's a huge CBA violation to have that type of discussion with a player under contract with a different club...

What I would do is give a call to Hossa and his agent and mentioned to him that I'm willing to give up an extra player if he gives me his word that he'll sign a long term, and I would have a deal ready to go so that he knows how much I can pay him for long term. Then it’s up to him to keep his word, and if in the end he does not keep his word that shows his lousy character and you do not want anyone like that on your team. I would give up Grabovski, Chipchura S. Kostitsyn in a heart beat for Hossa if he signs long term. There is not enough room on this team for another young line to get enough minutes in the game; you can’t develop a young player into a decent or a good star with 10 minutes per game. Habs have too many young prospects which they should trade.

Cheers

Except I'm pretty certain it's a huge CBA violation to have that type of discussion with a player under contract with a different club...

You need permission. Last I heard Waddell didn't give BG permission to talk to Hossa's agent.

I'm happy they haven't over paid for him as honnestly I don't think they would have done any better or gotten any further in the playoffs with him if they had to give 3 regular roster players. Lets not kid ourselves, Atlanta wasn't asking for Begin or Smolinski but rather for players like Higgins, Ryder, maybe Grabovski and another regular player, probably one of the brothers. That would have been overpaying by a large margin in my book. Let's wait and see what Hossa does in Pittsburgh and how Crosby feels about losing is best friend ;-) To me Pittsburgh has not addressed any issues with that trade.. Yeah, more firepower but no "firemen" to put out the opposition's firepower... and Hall Gill will more than likely not be a fix for that.

Tops in the NE... *woo hoo!*

I was supposed to see that game last night but since the 401 supposedly never gets plowed anymore there was no way I was makin it, had to turn around...hell of a game tho, caught it on the tele at least, plek's and kovy had an amazing game

Very good game last night, they played great especially Kovalev and Plekanec, and i have no idea why the refs did not call a penalty on Kaletas hit on Markov.

Very good game last night, they played great especially Kovalev and Plekanec, and i have no idea why the refs did not call a penalty on Kaletas hit on Markov.

yeah it looked like the elbow made contact then slid up the arm to his shoulder, head shot regardless.

First in the east with a 2-1 win against the Devils. Very boring game to watch but at least they won.

This is a very confident bunch that wasn't given much of a chance by the experts at the start of the year, and I think they are relishing the fact that they are proving people wrong.

I'm stoked they could win a 2-1 game, they don't have a problem with runnin up the score it was good to see they could hold it down to 1

Price gets the start tomorrow in Phoenix. I think, and hope, that Halak will play Saturday against LA...and Price can come back against Anaheim.

Halak has to get in a game at some point...if he sits too long and then HAS to go in for (god forbid) an injury or something...it could be scary.

I understand going with a hot goalie, but I thought Halak would finally get a chance after the loss to San Jose. Halak is a very good goalie and Carbo of all people should know that after what he came in and did last year. The guy deserves some games and I hope he gets in there soon.