Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Habs fans topic 07-08

damn, one of the few games I couldn't get to watch, woke up this morning to a big surprise as the last score I heard was 3-0 and Price getting yanked.... Ryder sure chose a good game to wake up.

What can I say? We got owned and disgraced and having it happen in MON with those fans was like salt in a knife cut

Although it was a damn entertaining game

damn, one of the few games I couldn't get to watch, woke up this morning to a big surprise as the last score I heard was 3-0 and Price getting yanked.... Ryder sure chose a good game to wake up.

Well Said...

I obviously shot my mouth off when it was 5 nothing, shouldn't hvae, but great game Habs......

What a game I tell ya. Watched from the first to the last second. When it was 5-0 after 5 minutes in the first period I said to myself... woa.. get ready for a blowout.. Then at 5-1 halfway in the game I said to myself: If the Rangers scored 5 goals in 30 minutes, the Habs can surely do it too right? Somehow I did not hold much faith on that to happen... but it did. What a game. One of the rare games it must have been worth paying 200$ for a game ticket lol.

They truly showed some character and they'll have to think twice before they trade Ryder IMO. Been saying all along on other talk backs that you don't go out and trade a player who's scored 85 goals in his last three seasons. He seems to be waking up, finally. Still hope for a big trade though to bring in maybe what could be the last piece of the puzzle... Trade deadline sure promises to be exciting!!

i still think having a right handed sniper will be clutch at some point down the line. other than the little to no chance of getting sundin i'd rather keep ryder and give him one more chance. i can't see tanguay or hossa making that big a difference, especially since we already have lots of forwards with the same style.

Last night was probably one of the best games i have seen in awile, what a comeback last night by the Habs, and it was pretty good to see Ryder finally get out of his slump.

i still think having a right handed sniper will be clutch at some point down the line. other than the little to no chance of getting sundin i'd rather keep ryder and give him one more chance. i can't see tanguay or hossa making that big a difference, especially since we already have lots of forwards with the same style.

yeah it's really a togh call, especially after the night he had last night. If he hadn't scored in the last 10 games no question, but we all know how good he is when he plays. I'd love to see a big name come in because it doesn't happen often but if it jeopardizes chemistry I say keep it how it is.

yeah it's really a togh call, especially after the night he had last night. If he hadn't scored in the last 10 games no question, but we all know how good he is when he plays. I'd love to see a big name come in because it doesn't happen often but if it jeopardizes chemistry I say keep it how it is.

I wouldn't mind seeing a big name player come to Montreal, but there lineup now is working for them so it wouldn't hurt to leave it the way it is, but if Montreal are looking for someone they definatly need either a fighter, a goal scorer, or another offensive defencemen for the pp.

WHY MUST REFS SUCK SO BADLY, WHYYYY, I do not care what anyone says, the ref called two shitty calls, the interference on kovalev that gave pittsburgh the win and the call after on hamrlik, i'm so tired of refs, they gave the habs one good call all night and it was the high stick on malkin, such an unbalanced game in terms of officiating in my opinion

Christ.,..I thought they were going to come back in crazy fashion again. Quite a potent team you have there offensively

Christ.,..I thought they were going to come back in crazy fashion again. Quite a potent team you have there offensively

It's been quite a while since Montreal could stay in a game with that much end to end action...and lots of scoring. Despite the loss...I'm impressed that they are staying in these games.

It's been quite a while since Montreal could stay in a game with that much end to end action...and lots of scoring. Despite the loss...I'm impressed that they are staying in these games.

I am also very impressed with them staying in games, they have come along way since last year.

How can anyone who calls them self a Habs fan NOT like Saku Koivu?

Me? like someone said as person you can't not respect him.

But as a player? he takes more stupid penalties then anyone else, and often is later rewarded with ice time in key situations. Last game against the Pens was the first time I'd noticed him on the ice in sometime. The Habs are lucky how good Kovalev has been because Koviu's last 30-35 games have been terrible for the most part

But as a player? he takes more stupid penalties then anyone else, and often is later rewarded with ice time in key situations. Last game against the Pens was the first time I'd noticed him on the ice in sometime. The Habs are lucky how good Kovalev has been because Koviu's last 30-35 games have been terrible for the most part

He gets rewarded for icetime in key moments because he is a veteran on the team and has alot of experience in these situations.

He gets rewarded for icetime in key moments because he is a veteran on the team and has alot of experience in these situations.

No, he's just there to win faceoffs in those situations.

Off the Koivu topic, but before tonights game against the Columbus, Bob Gaineys # 23 is getting retired.

There's something really sad about an old guy wearing full equipment at one of these events.

Off the Koivu topic, but before tonights game against the Columbus, Bob Gaineys # 23 is getting retired.

There's something really sad about an old guy wearing full equipment at one of these events.

It's alot more sad when you remember watching the guy play on tv. Nice ceremony but the saddest one I've ever seen was probably Boom Boom's.

I knew someone would say something like that.

He has often played in those situations after having a terrible game, before the last 10-12 games Plekanec wasnt even out there at the end of the game and Koviu was. In the regular season experience is overrated. At the end of the game you need players who will give you the best chance to score

Not directed at your specifically, just in general...But, there is a guy at work who LOVES the Habs...but HATES Koivu.