Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k-ody.m

All Star Equipment

He broke it whiffing on the puck Phaneuf deflected away. It's sad how Kovalchuk didn't score after all the chances he had.

He broke it whiffing on the puck Phaneuf deflected away. It's sad how Kovalchuk didn't score after all the chances he had.

...and all the shots he took - he seemed to be the only guy out there who wanted to shoot pretty much every chance he got instead of pass - that Spezza goal he set up prolly shocked everyone - lol.

Staal goal*

I didn't catch but the third period, but I was hoping he would score the winning goal since it's in his teams town, but whatever. Seemed like everyones shifts were looonnngg though. But they only have 2 lines correct?

Staal goal*

I didn't catch but the third period, but I was hoping he would score the winning goal since it's in his teams town, but whatever. Seemed like everyones shifts were looonnngg though. But they only have 2 lines correct?

Savard got the game winner...I find that ironic but IDK why :D

not a big deal, but did anyone else notice that ovechkin is wearing his caps gloves instead of an allstar color scheme?

I think Alexander Ovechkin just wanted to use a glove that he was comfortable with since he was participating in a few of the events in the Dodge NHL SuperSkills Competition last night.

On a side note, comfort level appears to be important in the NHL All-Star Game as well. During the CBC's coverage of the game, I think I saw Jarome Iginla cutting some of the padding in his gloves off during the intermission.

It wouldnt be hard to tell it was a 9kO even if it was completely black...dur holes...DUR

Unless you see the stick from the side you can't really see the holes, especially on TV. Look at him during the skills comp and his stick was almost completely black.

Ovy has some ugly looking growing at wierd angle teeth ...

.... then again, I wouldn't spend any money sorting those "tombstones in an uneven graveyard teeth" out until I'd finished playing hockey!!!

Then I'd take some of my $130 million or whatever AO has picked up and get me some nice teeth ... like Matt Damon does on Something about Mary.

It wouldnt be hard to tell it was a 9kO even if it was completely black...dur holes...DUR

Unless you see the stick from the side you can't really see the holes, especially on TV. Look at him during the skills comp and his stick was almost completely black.

HDTV :D I never tried to see the holes in players equipment, but I can see what everyone is wearing when they do the closer shots, and I can freeze frame it. I bet I could tell if it was a 9kO if I paused it on a ice level cam.

Kaberle ditched his ccm bucket for a reebok, pretty sure he did it for the asg last year too. And Gaborik rocked an easton bucket (uses a 4500 normally doesnt he?)

Yeah Gomez was wearing a rbk helmet. Looked weird.

I watched the game with my girlfriend and said something about how he usually wears a ccm and she looked at me like I had 7 heads and asked how I knew that.

Yeah Gomez was wearing a rbk helmet. Looked weird.

I watched the game with my girlfriend and said something about how he usually wears a ccm and she looked at me like I had 7 heads and asked how I knew that.

When I point out stuff like that, my GF usually goes "only you would notice that". Once I logged on here and said...

"No, there are at 5296 (or whatever the membership was at that time) other people that would..."

Wait until you start noticing whenever players change holders...from the nosebleeds. I usually keep commentary on the subject to a minimum when I'm around people who "wouldn't understand." For a jock, I've had the word "nerd" thrown at me a few too many times.

I was at a Bulldogs game with my GF a few years ago...We were sitting about 10 rows behind the players bench. Brian Swanson breaks his stick...a shaft/wood blade combo. The ref brings the broken pieces to the bench. The Equipment guy hands Brian a new stick and goes off down the tunnel with the broken pieces. I assume that he's pulling the blade out of the shaft 'cause it's taped the way he likes it...or he did a custom curve job with the heat gun...whatever.

In the meantime...Swanson has a shift and scores with his #2 stick. Equipment guy comes back onto the bench and taps Brian on the shoulder. Goes to hand him the new shaft with the old balde...Brian shakes his head...points at the #2 stick and give him the thumbs up.

I'm laughing my ass off and relay the entire exchange to Angie...she goes "only you..."

Lidstrom's been waffling between his HT2 and the Easton bucket for a little while now.

Although I like the Easton helmet it looked so tard on Lids during the ALL STAR game. Being as good and respected as he is in the NHL it would be a shame to see him in one of those in a regulation game.

Ovechkins teeth are like a riot, all fightin' one another

In Soviet Russia, tooths paste you

Would be a shame to see him (Lids) in the Easton though, just doesn't look the same. I assume he doesn't like it as much or he'd be wearing it full-time.