Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparty4

Zetterberg Easton Gloves

Does anyone know what easton gloves zetterberg uses? They look like the easton 4 roll but they have a different cuff than the style that lidstrom wears.

Now on to my next question. Why do easton retail gloves all look like something astronauts would wear while their more tradional pro styles look like they are solid equipment, but they make it damn near impossible for us normal folks to get. I would love to try out a pair of 4 roll eastons like lidstrom rocks. Anyway, thanks in advance.

there are tons of easton prostock on ebay all the time. or if you want brand new places like East West hockey have 4 roll eastons for sale.

As fot Zet's gloves, I haven't a clue, but someone here might.

Pro stock, 4-roll gloves with the old circa 2003-2004 Zero Shock cuff and "wrist wrap"--and the Zero Shock thumbs.

Basically speaking, they're a combination of the pro 4-backroll glove and the single-backroll glove with a floating cuff that Forsberg still uses.

big pic of old Zero Shock gloves...

big pic of new gloves...

He's also got a plastic extension built onto his left thumb to prevent slashes:

nhl_g_zetterberg_580.jpg

Thanks for the info, those look pretty sweet. I guess when your a pro you can get a frankenstein glove like that made.

I think my point was more along the line of it seems that easton puts out crap for their retail glove line and puts all the real effort into the pro line. Anyone who reads this board is probably able to track down a decent easton pro style glove. I guess my point was when it comes to the potential customer that is not a gear geek like us here, if they are looking for a solid high end 4 roll retail glove at their LHS they are going to go with Eagle, CCM or Nike/Bauer instead since those mfg. make them readily available to the public. Sorry i guess its turned into more of a business strategy question.

Pro stock, 4-roll gloves with the old circa 2003-2004 Zero Shock cuff and "wrist wrap"--and the Zero Shock thumbs.

Basically speaking, they're a combination of the pro 4-backroll glove and the single-backroll glove with a floating cuff that Forsberg still uses.

big pic of new gloves...

He's also got a plastic extension built onto his left thumb to prevent slashes:

Hahaha the look on Draper's face there is priceless

in the discription it says zetterberg uses these :

http://cgi.ebay.com/08-Easton-Custom-Steal...1QQcmdZViewItem

and they do look pretty similar to the picture posted above.

It looks like Zetterberg has a 3 piece split cuff... Cleary's look more traditional

Yup. The "cuff roll," if you will, is different as it's scalloped on Z's gloves and it's a straight cut on Cleary's...the cuff itself is different.

I'm not sure on the specs (I'm sure the senior members are), but Easton can do all sorts of custom things on their pro gloves, and Cleary's wearing a longer cuff this year than he was previously, but I can describe his gloves as such: short fingers, shorter backrolls, almost entirely designed for a wrist shot. I tried on a pair of Schneider gloves at Hockeytown Authentics as well as a Cleary pair, and they were completely different animals. If you look at Lidstrom's gloves vs. Chelios's, for example, Lidstrom's backrolls are very stiff, while Chelios has a lot of Ferland-esque play in the backrolls.

Been meaning to post these pics for a while. I took these before a Wings/Jackets game in Columbus. Not sure why but the players placed one glove on a cart in the tunnel behind the bench as they came off from warm-ups. Lebda handed a kid a shiny XXXX stick as well.

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Thanks for the info, those look pretty sweet. I guess when your a pro you can get a frankenstein glove like that made.

I think my point was more along the line of it seems that easton puts out crap for their retail glove line and puts all the real effort into the pro line. Anyone who reads this board is probably able to track down a decent easton pro style glove. I guess my point was when it comes to the potential customer that is not a gear geek like us here, if they are looking for a solid high end 4 roll retail glove at their LHS they are going to go with Eagle, CCM or Nike/Bauer instead since those mfg. make them readily available to the public. Sorry i guess its turned into more of a business strategy question.

Mark -

Not necessarily -

It is more as in the pro guys prefer the old product. However, it is interesting that they haven't made a retail glove in 10 years that has had a huge pro presence while it is currently in the retail lineup.

However, like others have said, the pro gloves are available for retailers to order - it is a min 6 order and some take advantage of it - I've known stores that carry the pro gloves as their only Easton glove.

My favorite Easton glove was the original Z-Air - luckily last year one of my contacts at Easton made me a nylon pair, and I'm most likely going to do another one but will mod it out a bit.

yea I have never understood that..nobody wants the s15 leather gloves or all these ugly/stiff gloves they make..if they sold the 4 roll nylon easton glove you see on all the pro's tons of ppl would buy them

not really. To most people (especially younger people / people not playing at a high level) aesthetics gets a leg up over performance

I feel very cheated now after examining the Easton gloves I use in my games when I compare them to the Zetterberg gloves in the first picture. They have skimped on a lot of the padding on my retail gloves, most notably at the pinky finger, back of the hand and around the wrist area. The top of the hand however is well padded like on most of Eastons gloves. I like Easton gloves because they are so light and I like their styling but I may in the future consider going to another brand because I tend to value protection and quality over lightness and style.

yea I have never understood that..nobody wants the s15 leather gloves or all these ugly/stiff gloves they make..if they sold the 4 roll nylon easton glove you see on all the pro's tons of ppl would buy them

Did you even read my post?

They DO sell it. Blame your LHS, don't blame Easton. The Canadian-made, pro gloves are available.

They DO sell it. Blame your LHS, don't blame Easton. The Canadian-made, pro gloves are available.

You do have to admit that if Easton just made the gloves a catalog item, it would be much easier. I'm sure alot of stores don't know about the glove program. By the way JR, if you've carried the gloves in your stores, what do they retail for?

Whats the black around Zets cuff on the right hand? Extra padding?????

I always thought his first season Z-Air gloves where awesome

HANKZ-AIR.jpg

You do have to admit that if Easton just made the gloves a catalog item, it would be much easier. I'm sure alot of stores don't know about the glove program. By the way JR, if you've carried the gloves in your stores, what do they retail for?

Well, maybe they should pay attention.

It IS in the catalogue. Been in there for 4 years. It is Easton's team sales glove, and like I said, I know stores who just book that glove for their stores. I didn't bring them in - never was a fan of the 800 glove anyway. I saw NBHPro and Pro R8 going up against it as far as spec and performance and those are much cheaper.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008...on/easton08.pdf

Check out Page 44 on there.

Around $140.

I always thought his first season Z-Air gloves where awesome

HANKZ-AIR.jpg

The Black things on his cuffs are just the things you hook the gloves onto a rack with at a store. Nothing for protection. Cut them off in this pic.

hank-1.jpg

The Black things on his cuffs are just the things you hook the gloves onto a rack with at a store. Nothing for protection. Cut them off in this pic.

Forsberg throws his mouthguard in that black thing when he's on the bench.