Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterpeice_patrice

pick up hockey (shinny) pet peeves

Posers that wear nothing but skates, gloves, a helmet, and sweats. If you're going to play a game of hockey on ice with everyone else wearing equipment. Go buy some shit and get bogged down by it like the rest of us.

Posers again that suck and think they can tell everyone else how to play and they don't have a clue.

I ROCK Skate and Shoot.

I remember I once went to play shinny with a friend and when I got there the guy running it was making 2 teams with lines and keeping score. They were talking about using the extra money to hire referee's for the next shinny. I never returned for that one lol.

As a goalie, I hate in shinny when guys tee it up from right in front of you. I never got doing that.

Just people that take it to serious..

Posers that wear nothing but skates, gloves, a helmet, and sweats. If you're going to play a game of hockey on ice with everyone else wearing equipment. Go buy some shit and get bogged down by it like the rest of us.

Posers again that suck and think they can tell everyone else how to play and they don't have a clue.

I ROCK Skate and Shoot.

i hate it when people go out in skates a t shirt and sweat pants. And try to play a game with us so we have to take it extra easy to make sure they dont get hit in the shins ex ex

As a goalie, I hate in shinny when guys tee it up from right in front of you. I never got doing that.

Just people that take it to serious..

I skated with a guy who played a little minor league hockey. He would come over the blue line and line you up between him and the goalie and tee it up. What a jacka$$.

I skated with a guy who played a little minor league hockey. He would come over the blue line and line you up between him and the goalie and tee it up. What a jacka$$.

That's when you "block the shot" except you really just dive into his legs B)

Oh, I love watching people sprawl out to block shots in pickup too. That's always fun :rolleyes:

Whenever I have doubts about the leagues around here or the folks who play in them, I read this thread and it makes me feel better. Wow.

I hate the word "poser" more than I hate sandbaggers, and guys who play 12 minute shifts.

If dudes want to play in a sweatsuit and mittens, then that's their choice. I'll play them just the same as others in full gear and I don't want to hear any bitching if they get sniped.

I hate it when people wear shoulder pads... maybe thats just me because I'm young and strong and really dont worry about injuries or lack a fear that someone out there could hurt me

I hate it when people wear shoulder pads... maybe thats just me because I'm young and strong and really dont worry about injuries or lack a fear that someone out there could hurt me

So just because everyone isn't as jacked and tan as you are they shouldn't wear shouldies?

you hate it when people wear appropriate protection? errr..ok

The only problem with shouldies is when guys forget they're playing pickup - and that's a mental problem, not a gear problem.

I was reminded of one last night. The guy who has to tell everyone how good he is, or how good the league he plays in is. Better still, how great his equipment is.

I was reminded of one last night. The guy who has to tell everyone how good he is, or how good the league he plays in is. Better still, how great his equipment is.

That's weird. I usually blame my equipment for the reasons that I suck :P

Stupid helmet, got my slapshot would be so baller if this helmet didn't suck.

Your slapshot would be so baller?? What he heck does that mean? Wear as much or as little as u like just don't complain when it hurts. I played college with a guy who did not wear a can, friggin nuts. But he either never got hit or never complained so whatever.

Your slapshot would be so baller?? What he heck does that mean? Wear as much or as little as u like just don't complain when it hurts. I played college with a guy who did not wear a can, friggin nuts. But he either never got hit or never complained so whatever.

aabf18_sarcasm_detector.jpg

I don't wear shoulders to open, but even without the shoulders I still like to throw my body around a little. Nothing crazy, just a little hit in the corner. But I hate when I hit people with shoulders pads on and then they complain, but they do shut up the second I point out I'm not wearing shoulder pads.

Ok now, everyone can talk crap that I hit abit during open, Just remember it's still hockey...you have to hit atleast a little.

I don't wear shoulders to open, but even without the shoulders I still like to throw my body around a little. Nothing crazy, just a little hit in the corner. But I hate when I hit people with shoulders pads on and then they complain, but they do shut up the second I point out I'm not wearing shoulder pads.

Ok now, everyone can talk crap that I hit abit during open, Just remember it's still hockey...you have to hit atleast a little.

No, you don't. Not at open.

Well there's the usual guys that won't pass and take shifts that last for days, but most of mine are rink policy related. Rinks that won't turn anyone away drive me nuts. There's one popular Friday night skate, I always show up a little late to see how many skaters are out and just leave if there are too many. Wouldn't do it but the rink is less than 4 miles from my house so it's no biggie. One night I showed up and there we already 34 skaters and 4 goalies on the list. A buddy told me by the time they got on the ice there were 42 skaters and 7 goalies. I understand they want to make money, but come on, if it's a bad customer experience your business is going to drop off anyway.

The same rink also has a few drop-ins during the week that are supposed to be reserved based on skill level, there's a beginner/novice and advanced. However, the rink employees do nothing when one of the little assholes that just aged off one of the local Jr. B teams shows up to the beginner drop in or when guys that clearly aren't advanced skaters show up for that drop in.

I really hate it when rinks won't open more than one locker room for drop-in. When you've got around 20 guys plus goalies it's a little too crowded for one locker room.

Lastly, I really can't stand guys that know a certain drop in is below their skill level considerably and still continue to show up. I was a sub on my girlfriend's team (beginner level) last summer, it was really very boring to skate with people you can skate circles around, take the puck from at while, and so on.

20 guys (+ 2 goalies)...2 decent size rooms. One room has 13-14 guys...the rest are in room #2. Lots of room left in that room...

I get there nice and early...dressed out on the ice...a guy shows up late...when we get off the ice...where did he decide to set up shop...right on top me my stuff...!

WTH!