Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D aka speck

Unknown / obscure movies

a couple of movies come to mind that i haven't seen posted yet..."City Of God" was a good one i thought about gang wars in Brazil. "Rise of a Foot Soldier" and "The Football Factory"

For horror fans, I'm finding french horror flicks to be absolutely twisted and I love them:

Inside (A L'interieur)

Irreversible

High Tension (Haute Tension)

There wasn't anything horror or good about High Tension other than a decent twist. The scariest thing about it was how the one girl goes from mannish dyke to sexy off screen.

There wasn't anything horror or good about High Tension other than a decent twist. The scariest thing about it was how the one girl goes from mannish dyke to sexy off screen.

True, I just liked the twist at the end. Not many decent horror films out there these days.

Very true, but some come up randomly. American-wise, off the top of my head, I liked Hatchet for what it meant to be and that's just old school slasher. That and maybe Borderland.

The horror genre has been basically dead for at least the last decade. Now they just try to out-gore each other with no mind to the scare factor and the notion that less is more.

Ya, it seems like there's only one or two good ones that come out a yr. My favorite of the past couple years has been "The Descent" because it actually made me jump. I've not cared for the remakes they've come out with either.. "Halloween" just added more nudity and "Day of the Dead" just shouldn't have been made. "Broken" came out a couple years ago and that was somewhat disturbing, especially the ending. Romero's "Diary of the Dead" was a bit dissapointing but I did like the underlying message of, "Is humanity even worth saving anymore?"

I haven't seen "Diary..." yet but I want to as I would say Romero's the last credible horror director out there. There was no way in Hell that Halloween was going to be decent since it was Zombie-directed and I was sadly right. I liked the original Descent and not the pansy version they released over here, all dumbed down and sugar coated.

Though I have to agree with Chippa, it's all gorenography now and twats like Eli Roth will get chances to make movies.

"Gotcha" is on right now. Linda Fiorentino was so hot in that flick, of course I was only about 10 or 11 when it came out and I didn't have much to compare it to. The accent still works for me though.