Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D aka speck

Unknown / obscure movies

That's like one of the most non-obscure movies I could have imagined though.

It's known but still doesn't get the credit it deserves but Shaun of the Dead.

+1 to that, and add hot fuzz

ya i mentioned it already, one of my favorite movies

ya i mentioned it already, one of my favorite movies

Good, it adds to the countless times myself and others have mentioned it everywhere else.

clockwork orange isnt weird at all. All i ever heard was how weird and "out there" that movie is. i got all pumpe up and rented it, looking forward to weirdness. it isnt. its not weird and its not ground breaking. so many people hear it is then no matter what, belive it is and tell other people it is. it isnt. it sucks and its boring.

my vote is going to a movie that use to be unknown, till all the scene kids decided to pretend they have liked it forever even though they dont even understand it. Donnie Darko.

noteables

equalibrium

kiss kiss bang bang

Layer cake

Swingers

American History X

Behind the mask

Lucky number Slevin

LIFE AQUATIC

I just watched "Beyond The Mat" for the first time in a looong time, just figured I'd put this one out there. It's an obscure documentary about these former pro wrestlers lives after their hayday in the WWF... Jake the Snake smoking crack is priceless.

I don't know... Lucky Number S7evin was promoted on every talk show in North America by Josh Hartnett.

It's at least more obscure than Swingers. I don't know anyone worth their salt who hasn't seen that, least of all a hockey board.

the princess bride

not really obscure. well maybe a little.. Im just suprised at how many people have never heard of this movie

i've been trying to start a princess bride-core band for quite some time. with lyrics about battling rodents of unusual size, fireswamps, six-fingered men, and 'as you wish' - how could that not be amazing...

i've been trying to start a princess bride-core band for quite some time. with lyrics about battling rodents of unusual size, fireswamps, six-fingered men, and 'as you wish' - how could that not be amazing...

Think "Harry and the Potters." That's how.

the princess bride

not really obscure. well maybe a little.. Im just suprised at how many people have never heard of this movie

My guess is your survey respondents are young, since I believe the movie came out around 1987 amid much fanfare.

It was such a fun movie when it came out, but when I see bits and pieces of it on the movie channels, it's like a lot of movies that just don't hold up so well over time. Another example we recently watched was Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Big D and I were kind of looking at each other, wondering "Wow, this was an all-time movie??" while our daughters thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hadn't seen it in 15-20 years, so it wasn't familiarity that made it less spectacular. I don't know whether it was the special effects, acting or just the script, but it wasn't as taut as a movie today would be (or as I hope the fourth this summer will be).

your post made me run to youtube and unfortunately you are right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU

this was one of my favorite scenes and its just not the same as it was 15 years ago.. I still laughed, maybe Ive just out laughed it?

the "land war in asia" is still funny as hell though

thanks for killing the movie for me :lol: