Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D aka speck

Unknown / obscure movies

Anyone seen a great flick that never made it?

Example: Boondock Saints.

Great movie... most people have never heard of it.

I could list a couple more, but I'd rather hear what everyone else has to say.

Ed Wood

or any of his movies!

I forgot about the Depp movie though, i think i have that on video somewhere.

Most of Ed's flicks are pretty bad, didn't want to suggest something people would hate.

Anyone seen a great flick that never made it?

Example: Boondock Saints.

Great movie... most people have never heard of it.

I could list a couple more, but I'd rather hear what everyone else has to say.

Awesome movie. C ya on the flip side....

Rounders is big in the poker community, but an excellent movie.

The Way of the Gun was a good one. Probably one of the best opening sequences ever. *harsh language*

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=80...h&plindex=1

Ever seen "The Lookout"......about a high school hockey player who gets a massive head injury and gets conned into robbing a bank....Didn't get big hype....incredible flick.

Some of these may not seem obscure at all to people who live in bigger markets, but I know I had to find these from word of mouth or the internet myself.

Most Mel Brooks movies - Yeah they're on AMC/Comedy Central from time to time now, but when I first saw most of them we didn't know anything about them, plus we didn't have cable.

Dead Alive - So-cheesy-it's-funny zombie movie by Peter Jackson. The only movie he had that was even cheesier-yet-funny was this puppet movie. I can't remember the title.

Pi - I've watched this a few times, about some mathematical genius trying to find a pattern in Pi, but I still can't decide if it's good or stupid.

Electric Apricot - National Lampoon's spoof on Jam Bands. Les Claypool from Primus is a main character. It's done mockumentary-style, hilarious.

Pi - I've watched this a few times, about some mathematical genius trying to find a pattern in Pi, but I still can't decide if it's good or stupid.

Pi is excellent but a bit harsh on the optical nerves when dude goes into embolism mode. Mathematical patterns in financial markets is a huge science/art. Look up WD Gann.

Kids

Chumscrubber

Hard Candy

Memento

No Sleep Til Madison

The Deaths of Ian Stone

If Only

Wicked Little Things

Unrest

The Hamiltons

Hard Candy

Weird movie. It's been on HBO lately, I still haven't gotten all the way through it. Perfectly timed for the "To Catch A Predator" era folks.

Hard Candy

Weird movie. It's been on HBO lately, I still haven't gotten all the way through it. Perfectly timed for the "To Catch A Predator" era folks.

I liked how it kind of fucked with your mind. You end up wanting to feel for the guy but you can't because of what he's been doing.

Ed Wood

or any of his movies!

I forgot about the Depp movie though, i think i have that on video somewhere.

Most of Ed's flicks are pretty bad, didn't want to suggest something people would hate.

good point!

Dark City (i liked it anyway)

Brothers of the Head

The Wind that Shakes the Barley

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Sexy Beast

Donnie Darko (pretty well known i guess)

Half Nelson